Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Talk about Bartlett

Author Topic: Talk about Bartlett  (Read 368683 times)

Atomic_Punk

Re: Bartlett
« Reply #75 on: Oct 24, 2004, 05:47 »
I'm not gonna worry about it.  Whatever happens, happens.  I've got to say, Bartlett's treated me rather well and I don't really see any reason for that to change.  If it does, I'll focus on DOE jobs.  There's a lot of smaller companies out there getting all kinds of contracts at the gov.
sites, many of them are posting jobs on this very site.  Wait and see, and then start yelling.

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #76 on: Oct 24, 2004, 12:05 »
Actually, I appreciate Eric's Input, Candor and Retorts.  Although it may seem that I'm pinging on him, that really isn't the case!  In fact, when I deal with his company, he is one, of only two individual I will speak to in the office!  I've dealt with him for umteen years, talked to him hundred of times and I can't think of any occassion he ever lied to me!  Actually most of the discontent voiced towards him, is dealt by someone elses hand!  He sells you the job, you show up and the local site representative treats you like a piece of dung! ( Not all sites, just a few )!  Who gets the brunt of the blow, The Recruiter!

In all practicality, if things went south for Eric, or the other representative in the office, I'd ship them a resume no matter where they landed and probably go to work for that company, weighting on their reputation and input.  Their are a couple of coordinators in the same boat, again, just a few!  Loyalty, maybe, but I figure I'd get the straight scoop on an opportunity, the good, the bad and the ugly, before showing up!

I just realized, I may be Sucking Up!

Nay, I figure Eric still owe's me a couple of hundred beers, for being one of the many, who keeps his Butt Employed!  Until he pays up, my agenda wont change!

Have a Great Day, RG!

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
  • I was liberal as a youth then I had to pay taxes..
« Reply #77 on: Oct 25, 2004, 09:25 »
Actually, I appreciate Eric's Input, Candor and Retorts.  Although it may seem that I'm pinging on him, that really isn't the case!  In fact, when I deal with his company, he is one, of only two individual I will speak to in the office!  I've dealt with him for umteen years, talked to him hundred of times and I can't think of any occassion he ever lied to me!  Actually most of the discontent voiced towards him, is dealt by someone elses hand!  He sells you the job, you show up and the local site representative treats you like a piece of dung! ( Not all sites, just a few )!  Who gets the brunt of the blow, The Recruiter!

In all practicality, if things went south for Eric, or the other representative in the office, I'd ship them a resume no matter where they landed and probably go to work for that company, weighting on their reputation and input.  Their are a couple of coordinators in the same boat, again, just a few!  Loyalty, maybe, but I figure I'd get the straight scoop on an opportunity, the good, the bad and the ugly, before showing up!

I just realized, I may be Sucking Up!

Nay, I figure Eric still owe's me a couple of hundred beers, for being one of the many, who keeps his Butt Employed!  Until he pays up, my agenda wont change!

Have a Great Day, RG!

come on now - your agenda will never change, and if it did I'd insist on an MMPI or an interview  ;D  - I know your looking for answers and you pose some great scenerios, I try to give what answers I can,and address whatever scenerios are presented - I don't claim to have all the answers, but I'll try to find them - I'm always up for a good challenge and God love your "conspiracy theory" type of scenarios - they definately keep me on my toes
 - gotta jet
Eric

« Last Edit: Oct 25, 2004, 09:32 by Eric_Bartlett »
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

Surveyors_mato

« Reply #78 on: Oct 27, 2004, 11:26 »
Hey Bartlett people? hear tell that Bartlett doesn't do Direct Deposit. What's up with that? This buy out is going to become a pain in the @$$ when we out here away from home, have to go find a new bank, wait on checks to clear, and stand in line for a check. I mean come on Bartlett, your the biggest game in town now. Jump into the 21st century. It's a proven fact that it is cheaper to direct deposit funds than mail checks. Why do you need the extra time that hard checks take?

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #79 on: Oct 28, 2004, 01:05 »
Hey Bartlett people? hear tell that Bartlett doesn't do Direct Deposit. What's up with that? This buy out is going to become a pain in the @$$ when we out here away from home, have to go find a new bank, wait on checks to clear, and stand in line for a check. I mean come on Bartlett, your the biggest game in town now. Jump into the 21st century. It's a proven fact that it is cheaper to direct deposit funds than mail checks. Why do you need the extra time that hard checks take?

Unless there policy changed since last Thursday, Bartlett does do direct deposit, as my husbands paycheck goes to our bank every week like clockwork. Possibly this is a misunderstanding or maybe they don't do it at every site? Maybe Eric will check it out and set the record straight.

Surveyors_mato

« Reply #80 on: Oct 28, 2004, 01:30 »

Unless there policy changed since last Thursday, Bartlett does do direct deposit, as my husbands paycheck goes to our bank every week like clockwork. Possibly this is a misunderstanding or maybe they don't do it at every site? Maybe Eric will check it out and set the record straight.

Thanks for setting this straight. Here at BFN, Numanco does do DD so it would make sense then that B. would too. We feel better. ;D

Now what about Jackets? ;)

freerl

« Reply #81 on: Oct 28, 2004, 07:41 »
Bartlett does in fact, do direct deposit of paychecks. They do not, however, direct deposit  per diem checks, unless that's just an anomaly here at INEEL. I've never really understood why. Perhaps Eric could unravel that mystery for us. ???

Roger Freeman

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #82 on: Oct 28, 2004, 09:12 »
Bartlett Direct Deposits Pay Checks (Not Per Diem Checks) at their Long Term Projects (i.e. DOE Sites, and Core Techs)  It takes 2-4 weeks to set up Direct Deposit, and it just wouldn't make sense for an outage.

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
« Reply #83 on: Oct 28, 2004, 01:35 »
Bartlett Direct Deposits Pay Checks (Not Per Diem Checks) at their Long Term Projects (i.e. DOE Sites, and Core Techs)  It takes 2-4 weeks to set up Direct Deposit, and it just wouldn't make sense for an outage.

Mike is quite right - I checked w/payroll dept. and was told the same thing.  I've also been told it is something that has been looked at and considered for everyone but as it stands right now just long termers. - hell, I dont even have direct deposit, go figure.   :o
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

Chelios

« Reply #84 on: Oct 28, 2004, 02:30 »
Well, now that we have the direct deposit situation straight, can we get back to the original topic. What is the latest on the sale (or should it be "re-sale") of NUMANCO? Is Bartlett making ans offer? Has it been accepted? I first got my foot in the door with NUMANCO. Chuck Pierce called me up out of the blue and offered me a job. Never did find out who gave him my name. He personnally ran the business and always had time to take a phone call from me. Then he sold it to Westinghouse, the great destroyer. The company lost its personal touch and has never been the same since. 

pappy

« Reply #85 on: Oct 28, 2004, 02:35 »

Mike is quite right - I checked w/payroll dept. and was told the same thing.  I've also been told it is something that has been looked at and considered for everyone but as it stands right now just long termers. - hell, I dont even have direct deposit, go figure.   :o

Could it be a hint that even you may not be long term? :o

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #86 on: Oct 28, 2004, 02:41 »
lol Good one. :)

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
« Reply #87 on: Oct 28, 2004, 04:25 »
Well, now that we have the direct deposit situation straight, can we get back to the original topic. What is the latest on the sale (or should it be "re-sale") of NUMANCO? Is Bartlett making ans offer? Has it been accepted?

its a slow process, from the way management here in our office is planning and the frequency of communications between the 2 offices its seems close to being a done deal

only time will tell, but thanks for the encouragement -remind me to check in with you on occaision for moral support  ;D

Surveyors_mato

« Reply #88 on: Oct 28, 2004, 06:44 »

The mentioned pain in the @$$ is that even on the road, an ATM can be used for a fee.  A hard check requires opening an account everywhere you go if the is no branch of your bank available. DD info doesn't ever change unless by the account holder so yes, 4 weeks to set up and then it's done. Sounds more like payroll just doesn't want a little extra work. Numanco holds all DD info and then you just restart it when you get to the next plant. Can't be that hard.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #89 on: Oct 28, 2004, 06:59 »

The mentioned pain in the @$$ is that even on the road, an ATM can be used for a fee.  A hard check requires opening an account everywhere you go if the is no branch of your bank available. DD info doesn't ever change unless by the account holder so yes, 4 weeks to set up and then it's done. Sounds more like payroll just doesn't want a little extra work. Numanco holds all DD info and then you just restart it when you get to the next plant. Can't be that hard.

I agree.

mattrev

« Reply #90 on: Oct 28, 2004, 08:05 »
I was wondering why it couldn't be set up once and then restarted at each site. Would make it nice for my wife when she's on the road, rather than holding onto the checks until she gets home.

Rad Honey

« Reply #91 on: Oct 28, 2004, 10:39 »
Now that Bartlett is bigger, I have a few questions. Why are the people in the office say, We are paying the same PD that the other companies are" at Hadford. NOT. I 'm 86.00 a day and Bartlett is 70.00, and they insist that is incorrect. Why was my resume not at two plants when the supervisiors ask for it. Why at INEL are they taking 101.00 from your PD after a year and claming they are paying taxes, and giving only 501.00 and your paying the taxes on it, when the other company gives you 602.00 and you still pay the taxes. Is that not paying the taxes twice??? So we are not only getting losing 101.00 per week, then you give this insane pay raise, and the more hours you work the less you make, and it pans out to losing 400.00 a week... WHY

Chelios

« Reply #92 on: Oct 28, 2004, 11:49 »
Not that this has anything to do with Bartlett buying Numanco, but ask the IRS. That's why congress passes millions of laws, so the everyday ordinary citizen can never really know what's going on.

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
« Reply #93 on: Oct 29, 2004, 03:14 »

I wish I had the answer - I get the same story from payroll you guys/gals do - In my mind once its set up, its over and done with - I've been asking for several years now why we don't do it - and I'll continue to do so

Now that Bartlett is bigger, I have a few questions. Why are the people in the office say, We are paying the same PD that the other companies are" at Hadford. NOT. I 'm 86.00 a day and Bartlett is 70.00, and they insist that is incorrect. Why was my resume not at two plants when the supervisiors ask for it. Why at INEL are they taking 101.00 from your PD after a year and claming they are paying taxes, and giving only 501.00 and your paying the taxes on it, when the other company gives you 602.00 and you still pay the taxes. Is that not paying the taxes twice??? So we are not only getting losing 101.00 per week, then you give this insane pay raise, and the more hours you work the less you make, and it pans out to losing 400.00 a week... WHY

#1 I'll look into this Hanford Diem thing for you -
#2 as far as your resume not being at 2 plants when the supervisors ask for it - are you sure the supervisors arent giving you lip service -If i knew the plant , the staffing, and of course who you were I could also look into that for you
#3 as far the diem at INEEL,I dont claim to be a #'s wiz - you'd need to contact payroll for the firm facts, but here is my take on it -  you have to realize that we are subject to wage and labor laws - If your "diem" is $602 before you reach that magic moment of realizing that you are going to be at a site for more than 1 yr  and lose diem and now you say it is $501 (I presume this is added money in your pay instead of a seperate check) - the $101 differance is the money that BNI as an employer has to pay taxes on.  Bartlett is required by wage and labor laws to pay employer taxes, basically we pay into the unemployment funds, social security funds, and both Federal and state taxes - as far as another vendor on site  paying the exact same amount of diem both before you've reached that point where you realize you're going to be there for more than a year and after, I couldn't even begin to guess how they do it - I dont know their internal workings or thier contractual agreements.
#4  as far as an "insane" pay raise  - isn't that what most people want, higher wages? 
and as far as the the old saying "the more hours you work the less you make" welcome to the wonderful world of taxes - all I can say is vote republican, at least they'll lower them...

Hope I was some help, for the first couple things give me a call and I'll look into them for you. 

Eric

Surveyors_mato

« Reply #94 on: Nov 02, 2004, 02:55 »

I wish I had the answer - I get the same story from payroll you guys/gals do - In my mind once its set up, its over and done with - I've been asking for several years now why we don't do it - and I'll continue to do so

Eric, even though we have yet to meet or speak, I appreciate your attention to this. I , after hearing many 'horror stories'(i did look at the sources) about Bartlett, am still not looking forward to this merger because the common thread(no pun intended) is that Bartlett screws techs over in this situation, i.e. you are not one of our ass kissing friends, so you don't get to work where you have been, prove to us that you are loyal and we might let you work one plant near you in couple of years until then, we are sending in "our own people'. Soooooo, I hope the transition is going to be better than I fear.

I still though can't see the logic in not doing Dir. Dep. because it does save companies money. Stamps, personnel, supplies, all done on computer. For any progressive co. to say that it takes 2-4 weeks to install DD and then that they would have to do it at every plant is rediculous. I have worked other plants and Numanco had my DD info an deverytime, I had to wait a week and there it was in my bank because they had the information. No Brainer. Sounds more like a money thing ......like interest? Well maybe they'll wake up. The rest of the world has. Small companies like Numanco did. Bartlett is the biggest kid on the street. Make it too hard to get to your paychecks, and people have a tendancy to look for work elsewhere.

Well we'll see what happens after the next outage. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Maybe people from your company look at this site too and can take a hint to look at their postion. They may find that it will work out better for them in the end.

Offline dosetek

• Light User
« Reply #95 on: Nov 02, 2004, 08:45 »
I also have worked for companies with direct deposit, once it is set up it is a done deal. I also called payroll about my upcoming outage, i am currently getting direct deposit, and was told they couldnt do it there. Same bank nothing is changing, was out of work for a week and it knew to deposit 0.00 dollars into my account. The only problem i saw was techs not keeping the same bank account, the auto deposit would start again and the money wasn't going where it was suppose to. And believe it or not they would be upset at the company, i guess they were just suppose to know there had been bank account change.This did cause problems and they started shutting the auto deposit off after every outage, so it did take a few weeks and new paperwork to reinstate. I keep the same account all the time, and if necessary open a second in the area. If that is the case offer it to people that have permanent accounts. Hey the longer it takes for a check to clear and many of them, the more interest is made on the money we all know that.

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
« Reply #96 on: Nov 02, 2004, 12:25 »
...am still not looking forward to this merger because the common thread(no pun intended) is that Bartlett screws techs over in this situation, i.e. you are not one of our ass kissing friends, so you don't get to work where you have been, prove to us that you are loyal and we might let you work one plant near you in couple of years until then, we are sending in "our own people'....

I'm sorry you feel this way, some of the nasty nuclear rumors you hear are probably true, some are most likely not, I'm sure there are techs out there that will tell the same type horror stories about the vendor(s) that you primarily work for - the reason why I think techs hit vendors up with the stories is becuz of a few reasons

1. we happen to be the biggest, we employ the most people and we probably have made quite a few mistakes over the years, I still get yelled at by techs for mistakes made over 10 yrs ago as if it happened yesterday.

2. for the most part we hold people accountable - you quit, no show, get fired we arent going to go out of our way to put you back to work on a choice job, and yes we will most likely employ you again and yes you will probably have to prove yourself - just like if we did you wrong we would have to prove ourselves to regain your trust -

if there is one thing I've learned in the past 16 so odd years is that most techs are professional and will own up to thier actions - but those that dont have a habit of blaming the company or the utility as to why such and such might have happened and they are normally the ones most vocal about it - almost as if they point and yell loud enough it will all get placed on someone else - as I said just my opinion from my observations over the years -

3. and last of all - they got nothing better to do than raise hell - God Bless 'em for this one (being an instigator myself, I can appreciate it)
I sincerely hope that this transition, if and when it happens goes smoothly for all - and remember its not just you trying to work for us but its us trying to get you to work for us.  If you have problems during all of this dont hesitate to contact me, and you have a problem with me feel free to go higher -
 - gotta jump
Eric

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #97 on: Nov 02, 2004, 12:32 »

2. for the most part we hold people accountable - you quit, no show, get fired we arent going to go out of our way to put you back to work on a choice job, and yes we will most likely employ you again and yes you will probably have to prove yourself - just like if we did you wrong we would have to prove ourselves to regain your trust -

That definitely goes both ways. If I am not sure if I will work for a company, I will offer my services when they are hurting and paying top dollar to fill a slot.

I don't know that it will be better, but I don't expect it to be worse and better seems more likely than worse.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

drquat

« Reply #98 on: Nov 02, 2004, 05:13 »
ERIC,
Do you answer your e-mail ???

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
« Reply #99 on: Nov 02, 2004, 05:36 »
ERIC,
Do you answer your e-mail ???

I try - It may take me awhile, but I  try - It will take me awhile if I'm try'n to find an answer to a question - why did you e-mail me about something that I never replied on? If so send it again.

ericb@bartlettinc.com

Eric

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?