Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Talk about Bartlett

Author Topic: Talk about Bartlett  (Read 367985 times)

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
  • I was liberal as a youth then I had to pay taxes..
Re: Talk about Bartlett
« Reply #750 on: Mar 26, 2010, 10:16 »
EB,
I do have one question:
Is this situation real, or just a fabricated story?
No Answer, is an Answer.......... ;)
RG..... 8)

Hey RG - I believe Bill when he says it happened - I have looked into the data base and old work orders and I cant find anywhere thet he or his wife were ever denoted as being scheduled to go to Salem back in Spring '08 - I do know our recruiting operating system was brand new - just implemented in late October 2007 and was only about 4 mo's old, most of the non recruiting folk here in the office were not used to it and didnt know how to utilize it - that could've been the problem, I really dont know...its the only plausible explanation I can come up with only because I have no record of them ever being on the work order as confrmed, or even as a no show - the only notes I have is that they were unavailable due to confirming in for Brunswick...

Eric
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

Offline roadhp

• Moderate User
  • Playing in the bathtub!!!
« Reply #751 on: Mar 26, 2010, 12:44 »
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Eric.  If possible, would you please for my critics confirm the part about us having an unemployment problem.  Thanks.
Brave, brave Sir Robin, set forth from Camelot!!!!

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #752 on: Mar 27, 2010, 05:52 »
roadhp,

That wasn't a challenge question for you!  I hate to be the critic, but usually when a posting starts out with a unique identified, such as "EB", it is addressed to a specific individual.... >:( 

I'm having a flashback from the court scene in my Cousin Vinny.... :o

EB...AND EB ONLY,

Is it a practice of Bartlett to contact the various state UCI agencies and intervene in an individual’s claim?

I'm probably the only one who wants to know that......RG.

« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2010, 06:31 by RAD-GHOST »

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
  • Elements Rule Battle , Elementis Regamus Proleium
« Reply #753 on: Mar 27, 2010, 07:55 »
Have to give Bartlett credit.  They at least have one member ( Eric Bartlett) from their company who will come on the Nukeworker Forum and explain what happened in situations and how they conduct business,   Such as loyal to them they are loyal to you, Just common sense  in that case, and trying to do better in cases  where a tech may have had a problem and explaining how they are correcting it.  Thanks, I have to respect Bartlett for that.

Chimera

« Reply #754 on: Mar 27, 2010, 01:19 »
As a 'seasoned" road tech, I must come to Bartlett's defense.  Do problems happen?  Sure they do.  Even back in the days of ANEFCO, Rad Services, the original NUMANCO, Vikem, NSS, IRM, et.al., problems have occured.  They are always catastrophic to the individuals to whom they have occured.

I've worked for Bartlett (more "on" than "off") since 1984.  Other than one outage where the Site Manager had no idea who I was or why I was there - although he did have an advance perdiem check for me - Bartlett has always delivered what I wanted and when I wanted it (within reason, of course).  Virtually all problems I've had have been caused by faulty information between site managers - not the office.  And, to be honest, those problems have been rather small.

So, Eric, kudos to you and your staff (even the ones I might disagree with from time to time).  Thanks for keeping me employed at the sites I've requested (and a few that I just needed to keep that old paycheck flowing).

I get so tired of reading all the complaints, however justified they may be, leveled at Bartlett, that I felt you should hear from at least one satisfied customer . . . er, I mean "employee" . . . or whatever it is that I am when I'm getting a Bartlett paycheck every week.

johnnyreb

« Reply #755 on: Mar 27, 2010, 04:30 »
  i wish joey would take the time to contribute. im sure he has many friends who would love him to weigh in

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #756 on: Mar 27, 2010, 06:29 »
Not just Bartlett, many companies will and do, sometimes case by case, sometimes every case,....

I can understand the practive, but I fail to understand the intervention process!  I'm fairly certain that the protocal isn't a blind call saying shut them down!  I'll go out on a limb and say the company representative probably gets a status from the state on the claim, such as "the claim is open"!  If they decide to pull the plug on the claim, without some form of logical verification, I believe that would be considered a false statement.  Sometimes people just don't understand, a 10 second event can cause two weeks of grief!

Trust, but Verify.... ;)

RG

Offline roadhp

• Moderate User
« Reply #757 on: Mar 27, 2010, 10:14 »
EB,

I do have one question:

Is this situation real, or just a fabricated story?

No Answer, is an Answer.......... ;)

RG..... 8)

roadhp,

That wasn't a challenge question for you!  I hate to be the critic, but usually when a posting starts out with a unique identified, such as "EB", it is addressed to a specific individual.... >:( 

I'm having a flashback from the court scene in my Cousin Vinny.... :o

EB...AND EB ONLY,

Is it a practice of Bartlett to contact the various state UCI agencies and intervene in an individual’s claim?

I'm probably the only one who wants to know that......RG.

RG

Reguardless of whether or not it is addressed to EB or anybody else, you quoted me and then asked if I was a liar.  I have the right to defend myself.

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #758 on: Mar 28, 2010, 06:16 »
roadhp,

So, what’s the answer?  What do you want?  Is there an answer?  How can satisfaction be achieved?  You’re on a mission based on perception and reassigning the wording as you like!  An excerpt was taken from one of your posting and addressed to a specific member on the thread for clarification, an individual directly involved with the company in question. Somehow you reassigned that to a personal attack on your integrity!  I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the only individual offering questions on your integrity and amplifying that venue, is Y-O-U!  Another notation to bear in mind, starting any statement with the word reguardless, which is correctly spelled regardless, sort of sets the tone for what will follow!

YES, you have the right to defend yourself, but is it a full time job........ :o

Have a Great Day.....RG

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #759 on: Mar 28, 2010, 09:07 »
Roadhp and RAD-GHOST, please take your conversation to PM message land.  You are off topic.

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #760 on: Mar 29, 2010, 08:12 »
Thanks for the info..

I’m thinking there may be a subliminal message included here..... ::)

The process does tend to separate the employers who are basically decent people from the employers who are basically jerks.

RG

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
« Reply #761 on: Apr 01, 2010, 01:57 »
The initial Fall 2010 Bartlett Outage Listing (Wish List) has been posted on the Bartlett website - www.bartlettinc.com - please note that the schedule is subject to change and as we receive the changes from our clients we will be making changes to the schedule.  A new feature of this list is that if you have already worked for Bartlett in the past or have already supplied us with your ss#, you the technician will be able to automatically populate your personnel file with your outage preferences.   Please note that if you should choose 4-5 sites 1 week, and then 2 weeks later you choose 4-5 differant sites, the original choices will be over written.  

All of us here at Bartlett would like to thank all of you that have supported us this spring and look forward to doing business with you this fall.

Eric Bartlett
Personnel/Recruiting Manager
Bartlett Nuclear, Inc.  
« Last Edit: Apr 01, 2010, 01:58 by Eric_Bartlett »
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #762 on: Apr 01, 2010, 03:43 »
Thats cool!

Offline azkidd

• RP Tech (Housemouse)
  • Moderate User
  • We Nationalize Banks!!
« Reply #763 on: Apr 01, 2010, 10:51 »
Hey Eric,

I have worked for Bartlett in the past and within the past year, submitted my SSN through PHQ's.  I recently went to the website to try and populate my personnel profile.....but couldn't even see my personnel profile.  Can you walk us through this new method, perhaps?

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #764 on: Apr 02, 2010, 10:05 »
I have worked for Bartlett in the past and within the past year, submitted my SSN through PHQ's.  I recently went to the website to try and populate my personnel profile.....but couldn't even see my personnel profile.  Can you walk us through this new method, perhaps?

From what I saw, you just enter your SSN in the spot at the bottom of the page, that's all there is to it, no profile.

https://outagelist.bartlettinc.com/ which is a shortcut to https://outagelist.bartlettinc.com/outage/php/outage.php

« Last Edit: Apr 02, 2010, 10:06 by Rennhack »

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
  • This aggression will not stand, man.
« Reply #765 on: Apr 03, 2010, 01:10 »

why its dumb at this point..

Eric will never see this

What makes you say that? Eric is on here quite frequently to his credit, sharing info.
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

Offline roadhp

• Moderate User
« Reply #766 on: Jan 19, 2011, 01:56 »
Quote from Job Posting today:  "Senior Health Physics Technicians looking to work more than one outages this season. Please the Bartlett home office and speak to any of the recruiters to see the different options that are still available."

Just thought that was interesting.

jasper

« Reply #767 on: Jan 19, 2011, 04:33 »
I have tried and tried to get on with them as a Jr Hp or Decon and .......nothing. I will admit it has been sometime since I was a Nuclear Plant. But, It hasnt been 100 years.   Good Luck to you all. :-[

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
« Reply #768 on: Sep 23, 2013, 02:55 »
http://www.nukeworker.com/job/view.php?job_id=28932

a potential job with an immediate report date...interesting

http://www.nukeworker.com/job/view.php?job_id=28949

submit copy of core card with resume...interesting

i worked for bartlett at a particular place, took the core test, passed it and never got a "card". i asked about this and was basically told to mind my own business

typical BS

big blue has gotten too big...for it's britches...they contribute to stagnating wages, they have some of the worst recruiters i've worked with (mainly because of lying), they practice nepotism (on a grand scale at one plant i worked at and was told it was like that at all plants in the fleet, which i partially verified), they routinely hire people that can't qualify slowing those that can down, etc etc

i only work for bartlett when i have to, and that isn't going to change

Wow, how do you really feel?  

Well I've taken the bait - you throw it out there that my recruiters are the worst because of lying - what did they lie to you about?  Talk to me, call me, shoot me an email, shoot me a message thru the nukeworker messaging system.  If my people are out there lying I need to know about it, unless you are just blaming them for your own shortcomings as I have learned over the years that most of the ranting and raving posters do.  if you contact me thru the nukeworker messaging system you will stay anonymous so you wont have to fear retaliation for the vitriol you are spewing.  If you seriously have actual examples I want to know, I need to know so I can address the issue and your concerns.  If I don't hear from you I will figure you are just another individual trying to make themselves feel better by trashing others. Hope thats not the case and you have some legit concerns I can address.  By the nature of your rant I highly doubt it.  Contact me.  Ball is in your court.

As always,
Eric
« Last Edit: Sep 23, 2013, 04:33 by Eric_Bartlett »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?