Career Path > General

You guys have Guts. More than most jobs!

<< < (4/4)

RNN:

--- Quote from: Richard Blank on Jan 14, 2008, 12:42 ---After reading a few threads, I wanted to introduce myself to this community.

I just work in a call center. Safe and boring according to your standards. I must give you large amounts of credit and highly admire you for taking the risks involved. The reward, we get amazing energy.

Stay safe

Richard

--- End quote ---

Thanks Richard, like Remo said not many outside our community thanks us for what we do.

There is also the other side of our world where we are trying to clean up the cold war messes that our country created. I myself started in this end of the business and have helped clean up five sites so far and even though you work yourself out of a job it's nice to know that you have helped clean up the envrioment a little bit more.

RNN

TN-Man:

--- Quote from: RNN on Jan 15, 2008, 01:20 ---
There is also the other side of our world where we are trying to clean up the cold war messes that our country created.
RNN

--- End quote ---

Then there are those who work with the research side. Dealing with the stuff that no one else even sees or knows about.  The other 1000 isotopes beyond the 5 or 6 that commercial plants deal with: the spontaneous neutrons, alphas that spread on their own, the full spectrum of gammas and betas...

You just gotta love science.....

RNN:

--- Quote from: Marssim on Jan 15, 2008, 04:27 ---And then there's cleaning up the old research sites,...
The game of "What's the nuclide distribution over here?", or my favorite; "Hey Bob! What's 'pyrophoric' mean?,...

too much fun,... 8)

--- End quote ---

What I get a kick out of, the chemical hazards on clean up sites far out weigh the nuke hazards. On one site we cleaned out a vent hood that had a " DANGER Perchloric acid handle with care" sign and the crew I was covering said " Just some other type of acid no big deal" This vent hood had three 1 liter bottles of the sh*t in it and I don't know about you guys but my butt puckered on that one. Oh by the way there were crystals in the bottom of the hood thats what made me pucker

SloGlo:

--- Quote from: RDTroja on Jan 14, 2008, 08:01 ---C'mon Slo -- Red meat has about the same level of activity as a banana. Stop picking on the vegetarians.

--- End quote ---

watt.... sew nows aye gotta pick on da commie friendlies?

Richard Blank:
You would be amazed on how many people feel the same way that I do.

Jobs that have risk are a lot more exciting!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version