Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu GFES - Explanations  

Author Topic: GFES - Explanations  (Read 24719 times)

stategrad02

GFES - Explanations
« on: Jan 16, 2008, 01:35 »
Does anyone know where to find the explanations for the answers to the questions in the NRC GFES banks?  There are a few questions out there that are forcing us to scratch our heads and push the "I believe" button.  I'd like to see the explanations for the answers to these questions.

thanks,

SB

Fermi2

Re: GFES - Explanations
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2008, 02:33 »
You won't find that anywhere outside your GFES Course. I've passed both the BWR and PWR GFES so if you want to PM me the questions I'll answer them.

Mike

stategrad02

« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2008, 02:05 »
I appreciate that... I may take you up on that offer if we come across any more questions that have us stumped. 

SB

duke99301

« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2008, 03:46 »
what is GFES?
« Last Edit: Jan 17, 2008, 03:47 by duke99301 »

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2008, 06:41 »
what is GFES?

Generic Fundamentals Examinations for Reactor Operators

8)
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

Offline flamatrix99

• Moderate User
  • I really dig you Sir...
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2008, 06:40 »
Does anyone know where to find the explanations for the answers to the questions in the NRC GFES banks?  There are a few questions out there that are forcing us to scratch our heads and push the "I believe" button.  I'd like to see the explanations for the answers to these questions.

thanks,

SB

There are none. I have taken both tests and you will have to try and get your training department to help figure it out.

KennyGFES

« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2008, 11:16 »
Go to the INPO website and ask them about their exam bank.  They had a GFES bank up until the MID-Late 90s that had explainations for all of the answers.  If you can't locate, let me know and I can come up with an explaination, thumb rule... whatever it takes.

Fermi2

« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2008, 12:26 »
I haven't been able to find the INPO explanations for quite some time.
I do rather like their Licensed Operator Test Bank but it's so darn BIG and I've never been able to get it so it's easily readable.

Mike

MrScience101

« Reply #8 on: Mar 19, 2009, 01:01 »
General Physics has a study guide with explanations to just about every single question in the GFES exam bank.  Your company probably has it somewhere, or whoever is teaching you GFES probably has a copy of it.  I would send it to you, but you have to pay general physics for it, so I cannot.

BoilerHP

« Reply #9 on: Mar 19, 2009, 08:51 »
Ditto ^

Good luck, and try and get your training dept to buy it off General Physics... it can be very helpful.

Offline FlatFootSam

• Very Lite User
« Reply #10 on: Jun 10, 2013, 07:57 »
When I was getting ready for ILT, I put together an online quiz system (www.NRCprep.com) that randomly generates subject-specific quizzes from data imported from NRC's past PWR Generic Fundamentals exams.  Since then I've expanded it to also generate full GFES exams.  It also has all the DOE's Reactor Operation manuals covering everything from Reactor Theory to Mechanical Components, all searchable for easy reference.  It even gives you instant access to the GFE formula sheet, steam tables, and a zoomable Mollier diagram.

Once you've taken a quiz or practice test, you can download and print a PDF showing which questions you missed, for later review.

As you might guess, it was a lot of work, but it was fun to do, and it was a help to me and my ILT class.

I wanted to get the word out so others can benefit.  A good foundation in GFES is crucial.

Hope this helps!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?