Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu You guys have Guts. More than most jobs!

Author Topic: You guys have Guts. More than most jobs!  (Read 20882 times)

Richard Blank

You guys have Guts. More than most jobs!
« on: Jan 14, 2008, 12:42 »
After reading a few threads, I wanted to introduce myself to this community.

I just work in a call center. Safe and boring according to your standards. I must give you large amounts of credit and highly admire you for taking the risks involved. The reward, we get amazing energy.

Stay safe

Richard

« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2008, 08:13 by Richard Blank »

Offline xobxdoc

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: You guys have Guts. More than most jobs!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2008, 05:41 »
So would you be the one thats calls me right at dinner time trying to lower my mortgage payments?

remowil55

« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2008, 06:49 »
Thank You Richard, it's rare to hear someone who not in the business, thanking us for providing safe Nuclear Power. Remo

Richard Blank

« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2008, 08:17 »
xobxdoc

Nice to meet you. Hopefully not. The majority of my campaigns are inbound customer service calls or follow up calls to qualified and established client lists. Your private time needs to be respected in my opinion.

Remo Williams

Pleasure to know you.

I cannot help but think of all of the Hollywood movies that deal with the topic. I know that some areas are expanded for selling movie tickets, but there is a real danger. You guys must have a chuckle when you see how Homer Simpson has the radioactive bar fall into his back pocket.

Without your service, we would all be living a tougher life. I came across this forum because of the growing concern with foreign oil. There are many good threads here that can shed some light on why we are investing so much in nuclear power. I also appreciate the honesty and facts given. Sometimes, it is important to tell the truth.

Offline xobxdoc

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2008, 08:33 »
xobxdoc

Nice to meet you. Hopefully not. The majority of my campaigns are inbound customer service calls or follow up calls to qualified and established client lists. Your private time needs to be respected in my opinion.

Thanks Richard

Offline TN-Man

• Light User
  • It's not the ending that matters..It's the journey
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2008, 03:12 »
This is not a great spectator sport, so jump in and be one of us. I was on the outside looking in when I saw the SL-1 film and decided I had to be an HP. In that defining moment I decided what I was to do for the rest of my life.  It's not hard and there is plenty of room for new people. Just walk up to the edge and jump. Excitement, travel, adventure and money all await you.....
Sometimes I look back on my life and think I could have had to work for a living. Thank God, I'm an HP.

Richard Blank

« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2008, 03:42 »
TN-Man

You deserve ever penny and benefit, my friend.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2008, 05:18 »

You guys must have a chuckle when you see how Homer Simpson has the radioactive bar fall into his back pocket.

nah.  eye get a grin outa peeps dat are anti nuke 'n push veggie diets. sea dis thread...

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php?topic=13059.msg71331;topicseen#new

quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Richard Blank

« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2008, 07:21 »
Interesting...

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 14, 2008, 08:01 »
nah.  eye get a grin outa peeps dat are anti nuke 'n push veggie diets. sea dis thread...

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php?topic=13059.msg71331;topicseen#new

C'mon Slo -- Red meat has about the same level of activity as a banana. Stop picking on the vegetarians.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #10 on: Jan 14, 2008, 08:59 »
Thank You Richard, it's rare to hear someone who not in the business, thanking us for providing safe Nuclear Power. Remo

Ditto Richard, I and I'm sure many folks here on this site appreciate your thanks. However truth be told if I wasn't doing this I'd be a Wal-Mart greeter ;)

Welcome to NukeWorker. 8)
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

Richard Blank

« Reply #11 on: Jan 14, 2008, 09:15 »
Ditto Richard, I and I'm sure many folks here on this site appreciate your thanks. However truth be told if I wasn't doing this I'd be a Wal-Mart greeter ;)

Welcome to NukeWorker. 8)

Thank you for your kind welcome PWHoppe .

It would actually be more dangerous to work at Wal-Mart. We all enjoy watching the newscasts of crazy people fighting and pushing one another over a $29 DVD player during the Christmas shopping rush!!!!!!
« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2008, 09:17 by Richard Blank »

Fermi2

« Reply #12 on: Jan 15, 2008, 02:01 »
Don't ever tell nukes you admire what we do, we're already the biggest group of self lovers and ego stokers on the planet.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: Jan 15, 2008, 08:12 »
Don't ever tell nukes you admire what we do, we're already the biggest group of self lovers and ego stokers on the planet.

And you had kept that such a close secret until now, Mike.  ;)
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: Jan 15, 2008, 08:13 »
Marssim got'cha RDTroja. 

Near as I can tell he agreed with me. Maybe my reading skills are lacking.

-Marty Feldman

-Ronald Reagan

- Voltaire

RNN

« Reply #15 on: Jan 15, 2008, 01:20 »
After reading a few threads, I wanted to introduce myself to this community.

I just work in a call center. Safe and boring according to your standards. I must give you large amounts of credit and highly admire you for taking the risks involved. The reward, we get amazing energy.

Stay safe

Richard

Thanks Richard, like Remo said not many outside our community thanks us for what we do.

There is also the other side of our world where we are trying to clean up the cold war messes that our country created. I myself started in this end of the business and have helped clean up five sites so far and even though you work yourself out of a job it's nice to know that you have helped clean up the envrioment a little bit more.

RNN

Offline TN-Man

• Light User
  • It's not the ending that matters..It's the journey
« Reply #16 on: Jan 15, 2008, 03:37 »

There is also the other side of our world where we are trying to clean up the cold war messes that our country created.
RNN

Then there are those who work with the research side. Dealing with the stuff that no one else even sees or knows about.  The other 1000 isotopes beyond the 5 or 6 that commercial plants deal with: the spontaneous neutrons, alphas that spread on their own, the full spectrum of gammas and betas...

You just gotta love science.....
Sometimes I look back on my life and think I could have had to work for a living. Thank God, I'm an HP.

RNN

« Reply #17 on: Jan 15, 2008, 07:12 »
And then there's cleaning up the old research sites,...
The game of "What's the nuclide distribution over here?", or my favorite; "Hey Bob! What's 'pyrophoric' mean?,...

too much fun,... 8)

What I get a kick out of, the chemical hazards on clean up sites far out weigh the nuke hazards. On one site we cleaned out a vent hood that had a " DANGER Perchloric acid handle with care" sign and the crew I was covering said " Just some other type of acid no big deal" This vent hood had three 1 liter bottles of the sh*t in it and I don't know about you guys but my butt puckered on that one. Oh by the way there were crystals in the bottom of the hood thats what made me pucker

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #18 on: Jan 15, 2008, 10:04 »
C'mon Slo -- Red meat has about the same level of activity as a banana. Stop picking on the vegetarians.

watt.... sew nows aye gotta pick on da commie friendlies?
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Richard Blank

« Reply #19 on: Jan 16, 2008, 02:56 »
You would be amazed on how many people feel the same way that I do.

Jobs that have risk are a lot more exciting!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?