Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu POSS'n next Friday... honeypot

Author Topic: POSS'n next Friday...  (Read 10721 times)

lagrange

POSS'n next Friday...
« on: Jan 24, 2008, 02:39 »
WOO HOO!

Using the great advice from this site, I am on my way to purchase a new suit and will return to start hitting the practice test to study up!

Thanks for all the help so far...I'll keep everyone posted.
t

Fermi2

Re: POSS'n next Friday...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2008, 06:29 »
Get an ASVAB book and take the practice exams.

Good luck, though I'm certain you won't need it.

Mike

lagrange

« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2008, 07:00 »
Thanks Mike.

I went through the practice exam, no sweat really, but add to that to the anxiety of the day and I am sure it will be all I can handle.

I am going to memorize those conversions, that's for sure.  I forgot about the basic algebra section, and the practice test doesnt really address it either.  I need to brush up I reckon!

lagrange

« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:52 »
got my notecards going on these conversions...

Good thing I only have a week...I would drive myself crazy on all these conversions!

Fermi2

« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:19 »
Do yourself a favor. Get an ASVAB Book. Take one of the tests in it just as you normally would.
Take the next test and give yourself a time limit 5 minutes less than you took test 1.
Keep doing this, it'll give you a great feel for the POSS.

Mike

taterhead

« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2008, 11:40 »
Oh, look out, I am back to being me.  Forget lagrange, taterhead is back!

shayne

« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2008, 01:51 »
I was able to do well in the math section.  Went through the first time doing all the problems I could in my head first, then worked on the problems that I needed to figure out on paper....

taterhead

« Reply #7 on: Jan 25, 2008, 09:38 »
Good to have ya' back ... TaterHead.  I just couldn't get used to calling you LaGrange. 

I guess its because I fly in there so much.  And, it doesn't remind me of a CatFish. 

I have caught plenty of catfish in West Point Lake there!

Offline trollarc

• Light User
« Reply #8 on: Jul 01, 2009, 09:45 »
I know this is an old thread. I haven't seen anybody ask this question so I figured I would here. Are the POSS practice exams completely inadequate? They remind me of the ASVAB. The ASVAB was an easy test and I do not understand why a regular employer would use this instead of a real test of some sort (i.e. something asking about theory). Is the POSS an essay exam? Also is the only way to take the POSS via an employer? I would like to take the exam so i can tell them I scored this and have EEI send the results directly to them.

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #9 on: Jul 01, 2009, 10:31 »
Each employer administers the POSS themselves.  Utilities may share the results with other locations, particularly in the case of fleets (Exelon, Entergy).  In most cases, however, you would have to take the POSS at whichever utility you are applying at.  I've not heard of anyone taking it under the scenario you described.  If someone has I'm sure they'll weigh in.

Best of luck with your life after your service.  Thanks for your service to our country, & Welcome to Nukeworker!

Tom
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline trollarc

• Light User
« Reply #10 on: Jul 01, 2009, 11:45 »
Thank you for being friendly I was worried that I would get flamed or someone would tell me to search.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #11 on: Jul 01, 2009, 11:56 »
Well that MIGHT still happen.  :P

Welcome to Nuke Worker and thanks for your service! Enjoy your new found freedom!

Justin

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?