Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Unemployment benefits in MA

Author Topic: Unemployment benefits in MA  (Read 11990 times)

billyharley

Unemployment benefits in MA
« on: Mar 15, 2008, 08:39 »
I was medically retired from Air Force in Feb this year, I lived and worked in MA for over 2 years.  I went to unemployment office in MA and started my claim.  I now live in Florida, I didn't do an intrastate claim and just recieved a letter to go to MA for a career counseling meeting. My question is do I fly up to MA or try to start the intrastate claim in FL, the letter states I had to attend class by the end of March.  I tried talking to the unemployment office in FL and they told me to go online to fill out form, the form on line is for people that earned income in FL.  Any suggestions would be appreciated

Offline desertdog

• Moderate User
Re: Unemployment benefits in MA
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2008, 09:23 »
I file in MA every year and live in Ohio. To initially open a claim I go to MA office.  Each time I open or re-open a claim I have to call Ohio to fill out an IB-1 form.  The IB-1 is for both address changes and to re-open claims from what I have been told.  After you do this the checks come from MA and you still call/snail mail/use the MA website thru MA for each week's claims.  Work search and all of the other stuff is controlled through OH, my home state.

You should probably try to fill out one of these IB-1 forms thru FL and see if that clears up your problems.  Hope this helps.

billyharley

Re: Unemployment benefits in MA
« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2008, 09:51 »
Thanks for the info, I hope it's as easy as that.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?