Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Picking a rating.

Author Topic: Picking a rating.  (Read 38861 times)

Fermi2

Re: Picking a rating.
« Reply #50 on: Jan 25, 2008, 10:15 »
I like being given a problem and allowed to troubleshoot it.  I like fixing mechanical things and electrical(not much experience to really say I love it).  I will probably go into civilian work post-navy.  So what will set me up for the highest-paying job afterwards?  I want a challenge.  I don't like doing anything if it isn't the damn hardest thing to possibly do.  Though paper work I hate. 

"Hey Nuke!"

"Yea?"

"Re-design me a reactor."

":) OOOK!"

Get qualified first NUB.

Mike

taterhead

« Reply #51 on: Jan 26, 2008, 03:05 »
A definate twidget ;)

yeah he asks way too many questions to be an MM.   ;D
I went in to the classifier and asked "Which rate goes to the fleet first?"  He said, "MM",  and I said "Sign me up."

mlslstephens

« Reply #52 on: Jan 26, 2008, 08:30 »
heh nice to see a lighter side to you.  I appreciate everyone's input even if I seem hard-headed.  I just want to plan it out as much as possible and then let it play out. 
oh and all my friends are in college(out of town) and I quit drinking(which always leads to a fun time) due to me eating a truck load during that period which hinders my fitness goals.  Plus the horrid stomach ache the next day.  Soooo here I lay.  ;)

You seem like a nice guy who is desperately seeking advice.  I see so many guys/gals in the rate that doesn't necessarily fit them so I can understand your concerns.  So, I truly want to help you...I promise, no more bow tie, Turkish prison comments.

Listen to Jason,
Again, re-evaluate your options.  You will not be Designing (or Re-Designing) anything to do with the Rx/Steam Plant.  Okay.  Got it yet?

seriously consider what it is that makes you happy and then reread the posts regarding the different rates.  Then, stop thinking about how much money you want to make in the civilian world unless you want to go straight into the civilian industry.  Please don't join the Navy to make tons of money.  Don't get me wrong, the Navy pay isn't bad, it is adequate.

Then reread this entire thread that you started back on Jan. 14 and sift through the BS.  There is a lot of good advice included here. 

Finally, enjoy your time not worrying about quals because once you come aboard, then all you will hear for a while is "get hot NUB, you're dink"

Good luck,
X

nukemdukem

« Reply #53 on: Jan 26, 2008, 10:47 »
Will do.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #54 on: Jan 26, 2008, 11:47 »
Feb, :)

*SIGH* Good luck to you!

Justin

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #55 on: Jan 26, 2008, 03:13 »
I hear that ET's reenlistment bonus is the highest out of all the ratings and they advance the fastest.  Though I hear MM's are the only ones who can become ELT.  Which is better?  ELT or advancing ET?  I am in the dark here so please shed some light.  I am not sure what I would enjoy the most.  So I just want to know which is the most overall rewarding. 

Thanks!

ET's and MM's will make the same amount of money reenlisting this year. ELT's and EM's are kinda screwed with a 5.5 multiplier. Im going to make 90k (same as an ET) whereas EM's and ELT's (surface anyway) make ~38k.

Your choice of rate should NOT be based on SRB's. Also, you dont really get to choose to be an ELT. They will pick you in prototype if you fit the bill for them. If you get MM, DONT count on ELT. I have a friend who got a 3.8 in A school (really damn good), a 3.8 in Power school (AMAZINGLY good), and rocked prototype pretty well. he did NOT get offered ANYTHING. He probably could have went officer no problemo.

Search up MM, because thats the best odds you have of getting.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #56 on: Jan 26, 2008, 03:21 »
ET's and MM's will make the same amount of money reenlisting this year. ELT's and EM's are kinda screwed with a 5.5 multiplier. Im going to make 90k (same as an ET) whereas EM's and ELT's (surface anyway) make ~38k.

Your choice of rate should NOT be based on SRB's. Also, you dont really get to choose to be an ELT. They will pick you in prototype if you fit the bill for them. If you get MM, DONT count on ELT. I have a friend who got a 3.8 in A school (really damn good), a 3.8 in Power school (AMAZINGLY good), and rocked prototype pretty well. he did NOT get offered ANYTHING. He probably could have went officer no problemo.

Search up MM, because thats the best odds you have of getting.

Funny, thats what my starting salary as a NUB is this year. Glad I don't have to spread it over many years.

Justin
« Last Edit: Jan 26, 2008, 07:10 by JustinHEMI05 »

ddklbl

« Reply #57 on: Jan 26, 2008, 05:35 »
that's just cold,....

as the truth most often is...

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #58 on: Jan 26, 2008, 07:10 »
as the truth most often is...

Indeed.

Justin

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #59 on: Jan 26, 2008, 07:11 »
Funny, thats what my starting salary as a NUB is this year. Glad I don't have to spread it over many years.

Justin

lol good for you :) what was YOUR bonus when YOU reenlisted (if you did)? :D Im just jealous -.-

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #60 on: Jan 26, 2008, 07:45 »
lol good for you :) what was YOUR bonus when YOU reenlisted (if you did)? :D Im just jealous -.-

Half of what they pay now.

Justin

ddklbl

« Reply #61 on: Jan 26, 2008, 08:18 »
Half of what they pay now.

Justin

Which was still 10x what they gave 10 years prior.  SRB's aren't the answer.  Another thread.  Another bottle of scotch.

Offline RodBottom

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #62 on: Jan 28, 2008, 06:58 »
Indeed.

Justin

You are my hero. I was going to make a snide comment but you beat me to it bud.  ;) I still have some discontent waiting to be shared.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #63 on: Jan 28, 2008, 08:30 »
You are my hero. I was going to make a snide comment but you beat me to it bud.  ;) I still have some discontent waiting to be shared.

LOL sorry. Wanna answer my PM? :)

Justin

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?