Class "A" Motor Coach
Class "B" Motor Coach
Class "C" Motor Coach
5th Wheel
Travel Trailer
Pop Up or Fold Down
Tent
Other

Author Topic: RV Living on the Road  (Read 35299 times)

dtrevathan

Re: RV Living on the Road
« Reply #25 on: Mar 13, 2007, 01:11 »
I would not go on the road without my 5th Wheel. I have my own bed, bath, kitchen, and living room. Above all that, most plants I go to have campgrounds much closer to them than the hotels are.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #26 on: Mar 13, 2007, 06:36 »
Well Henry and I don't camp on the road any more, but we were known to pitch a tent back in the day when money was tight and we were in training.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #27 on: Mar 13, 2007, 07:07 »
When I was single a cheap crack house was always nice.

now motels or apts. now that im married

Offline BeDaBullet

• Light User
  • 'GENERAL DELIVERY'
« Reply #28 on: Mar 14, 2007, 09:29 »
My wife and I are "loving life"...living in our 39' Diesel Pusher with 3 slides.  Granted, winter can cause problems.....but we survived a winter in Ohio last year at the Mound.  Better here in San Francisco this year.....Motorhome has been our dream for years.  Double dipping on our P.D.  and mileage is the only way to go.  We cast our vote on a Class A....the only way to go. 

Bob
“California is a fine place to live — if you happen to be an orange.”

outfield_4

« Reply #29 on: Mar 18, 2007, 11:03 »
I'm looking at buying an RV to live in. I have a long term job in Illionis with my home in PA. I only have about 8-10 years left before retirement. Currently I am renting an apartment but have been thinking of getting an RV. I figured I can live in it for the last years of work, then use it as a vacation vehicle for my wife & I after retirement. My problem is I know nothing about RVs other than I would like to have the wife & company with me while I am driving. I hear that leaves out trailers that hookup to the vehicle. What about 5th wheels? Or is my only option an RV and tow my car? What should I look for when buying one? Both Il & Pa have cold winters. Most places I want to vacation is warm. Any help would be appreciated. ;D

dtrevathan

« Reply #30 on: Mar 18, 2007, 01:03 »
Or is my only option an RV and tow my car? What should I look for when buying one? Both Il & Pa have cold winters. Most places I want to vacation is warm. Any help would be appreciated.

Go to rv.net. This web site is not the best place to learn about the RV lifestyle

Offline loravob

• Very Lite User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #31 on: Mar 20, 2007, 04:39 »
Having lived in an RV full time while working on the road, 5 years in a 5th wheel and 4 years in a class 'A', I would say that the Motorhome is the way to go.  A few times I had to park in a trailer park in Illinois because there are not any open campgrounds during the winter in the Byron area.  Had the same problem at Quad.  Found a campground in Maine that had a few winter spots.  Lived in the motorhome year around.  No problem if you insulate.  Take in to consideration the payment on the RV (interest is tax deductible) and the campground rent and weigh your options.  Happy camping!!! 8)
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2007, 04:50 by loravob »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?