Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu New to the industry. Please help!

Author Topic: New to the industry. Please help!  (Read 10860 times)

Blaxmas

New to the industry. Please help!
« on: Jan 28, 2008, 01:17 »
Hey, everyone!  A few months ago, I acquired the Massachusetts 2nd Class Fireman's license and since have had ZERO luck finding a job.  It's the old catch 22 - "Sure, we need someone with your license but we need someone with your license AND experience" to which the only obvious reply is "But how am I supposed to GET experience if no one will HIRE me?!"  I'm extremely anxious to find work and hungry for experience.  The reason I'm posting on nukeworker.com is because I was looking for information on Pilgrim (the nuclear plant in Massachusetts) but I'd be happy to find work ANYWHERE (nuclear or not).  I know there are a lot of people on this forum with tons of experience and probably great advice to give.  Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm starting to lose faith in finding work.  Thanks in advance!

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Re: New to the industry. Please help!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2008, 12:21 »
Bump

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
Re: New to the industry. Please help!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2008, 01:30 »
I'm curious as to what kind of work you think you will find at a nuke plant with a 2nd class Fireman's license.
There are no boilers (except for maybe a natural gas auxiliary boiler) at a nuke plant.
Stationary Engineers and Firemen do not work at nuke plants.

However, having a 2nd Class Fireman license (while useless at a nuke) means that you are familiar with the basics of how systems work.  So you may wish to apply for a non-licensed operator position.

Start here for Pilgrim.

http://www.entergy.com/Careers/

Good luck.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?