Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu dep bs recruiter

Author Topic: dep bs recruiter  (Read 58906 times)

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
  • "It is good for you, builds character"
Re: dep bs recruiter
« Reply #75 on: Jun 04, 2008, 05:10 »
General order #5-I will quit my post only when properly relieved.  If my relief is not present I will send the Rover Watch to wake my relief up and inform him he is "bagging" the watch(call berthing on a surface ship).  Upon my relief I will depart the ship and begin consuming quantities of wheat, grain, and barely in liquid form assuming I am over the age of 21 and not on duty.

What is so confusing about that?  Isn't that the one that you learned in boot camp?
"No good deal goes unpunished"

"Explain using obscene hand jestures the concept of pump laws"

I have found the cure for LIBERALISM, it is a good steady dose of REALITY!

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #76 on: Jun 04, 2008, 05:29 »
From the looks of your avatar it isn't the only thing you learned in boot camp.

That was my wife's idea that we "recreate" that image since she loves that picture.  I figured I should obligue.

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #77 on: Jun 04, 2008, 05:35 »
Well I had fun after the picture was taken, she was wearing one of those "nurse" outfits you find in stores during Halloween.   :o :D

geek_chic

« Reply #78 on: Jun 04, 2008, 08:06 »
Enjoy every minute while you can and then memorize general orders....

Don't confuse the poor girl.  ;D

Justin
Haha, thanks. I do hear that often "enjoy your freedom while it lasts..." I suppose it will be one of those things that I can't properly appreciate until it's too late. And don't worry about me doing anything stupid. I have a 4.0 GPA and I'm taking college over the summer. I've got no police record, no health problems, I don't drink, smoke, and there's no possible way I can pregnant. Actually my life seems pretty boring when I put it that way. I don't even have a tattoo yet -- but I'm sure I'll have one by the time I'm out ;) All the people at MEPS say it's pretty much a given. Now that I'm thinking about this, will the Navy be a culture shock? I mean aside from the militaristic standpoint?

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #79 on: Jun 04, 2008, 08:18 »
Haha, thanks. I do hear that often "enjoy your freedom while it lasts..." I suppose it will be one of those things that I can't properly appreciate until it's too late. And don't worry about me doing anything stupid. I have a 4.0 GPA and I'm taking college over the summer. I've got no police record, no health problems, I don't drink, smoke, and there's no possible way I can pregnant. Actually my life seems pretty boring when I put it that way. I don't even have a tattoo yet -- but I'm sure I'll have one by the time I'm out ;) All the people at MEPS say it's pretty much a given. Now that I'm thinking about this, will the Navy be a culture shock? I mean aside from the militaristic standpoint?

WOW... IF that doesn't open up a can of worms, nothing else will.  Ok well think of it this way, have you ever watched any of those dating shows where it is one girl and 30 guys?  Now throw in the fact that most of those 30 guys are between the ages of 18-21 and are out on their own for the first time.  Furthermore, put all 30 guys and 1 girl on a big ship out in the middle of the ocean with nothing else to do but be around each other.  Also multiply both groups by about 200 fold. 

There are going to be things that you see and hear in the Navy that you never thought would come out of someones mouth.  If you haven't seen it yet, rent the movie "Waiting" with Ryan Renolds and Justin Long in it.  That will give you the best indication of what the Nuclear Navy is going to be like when you get to your ship.  In fact, if I didn't know any better I would have sworn it was a bunch of nukes that wrote it. 

Well I can say that you will be hard pressed to leave the Navy unscathed morally.  You most likely will end up with at least one tattoo(even easier now that there is a tattoo parlor right off base in SC, no more trips to Savannah), a few stories that start out "man we got really drunk and....", not to mention some new vocabulary that you would not want to put into a internet search engine for fear of what might come up.  Just make sure that you don't do anything TOO stupid, you show up to work everyday on time, stick with your liberty buddies, and don't take life so seriously that you become a stick in the mud. 

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?