Career Path > Outages

Where will you be spending the spring outage season?

(1/5) > >>

CarolinaGirl:
What outage(s) will you be attending this season? What factors led to your selection?

vikingfan:
at hatch rigth now, just left clinton, and going to quad after hatch then to cooper. decision ?? company said this is where were sending you !

G-reg:
Millstone.  The pay struck me as fair, especially for my first-time-ever outage.  And I live just outside of 50 miles from the plant, so I'll draw PD and still be able to commute (3.5 gallons of gas per day still beats lodging costs, but if prices go up any further I may have to recalculate...).  I'm hoping I'll be lucky enough to roll into another outage during the ramp-down, but I'm not betting the farm on it - one day at a time, and I'll see what tomorrow holds when I get there.

But for now, Millstone is what I've got.

- Greg

Rennhack:

--- Quote from: G-reg on Feb 05, 2008, 06:11 ---Millstone.  The pay struck me as fair, especially for my first-time-ever outage.  And I live just outside of 50 miles from the plant, so I'll draw PD and still be able to commute (3.5 gallons of gas per day still beats lodging costs, but if prices go up any further I may have to recalculate...).  I'm hoping I'll be lucky enough to roll into another outage during the ramp-down, but I'm not betting the farm on it - one day at a time, and I'll see what tomorrow holds when I get there.

But for now, Millstone is what I've got.

- Greg

--- End quote ---

Oh Jesus, don't let Beercourt hear about that.  He'll be forced to explain to you that if you don't actually have duplicate expences the IRS law says you can't have TAX FREE per diem.  Just make sure you claim it on your taxes as income.

SloGlo:

--- Quote from: Rennhack on Feb 05, 2008, 07:16 ---Oh Jesus, don't let Beercourt hear about that.  He'll be forced to explain to you that if you don't actually have duplicate expences the IRS law says you can't have TAX FREE per diem.  Just make sure you claim it on your taxes as income.

--- End quote ---

'n make sure yinz dokument alla yer miles two brakefast 'n dinner so's ya kin take dat mileage offa yer gross. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version