Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Wayne Brewer honeypot

Author Topic: Wayne Brewer  (Read 21157 times)

Offline Imaginos

• Moderate User
Wayne Brewer
« on: Feb 08, 2008, 05:44 »
Very sad to report the passing today of Wayne "Phrog" Brewer, long-time RP tech at Palo Verde and, as he would tell you, "every plant in the country." A good friend and a great father, he will certainly be missed by all. Say a little prayer for him and his loved ones. Catch up with you later, Phrog...
"I'm not quiet; I just don't demand to be heard." ---George Harrison

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
  • it was like like that when i got here!
Re: Wayne Brewer
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2008, 07:10 »
Sorry to hear of his passing.
Rest easy Phrog!

Atomic_Punk

« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2008, 09:06 »
Holy Crap!!  Not Phrog too!  That sucks.  He was one of the first techs, along with Gary 'Moon" Hurley (R.I.P) that covered me when I was starting out as a laborer/deconner.  What a riot that guy was, I'm sure he's keeping everyone entertained in Heaven's break room.  Rest in peace old friend, I'll see ya on the other side.

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2008, 09:20 »
Sorry to hear of Phrog's passing. Worked with him at Turkey Point in the early 80s. He used to leave dirty diapers under the seat of the rental cars from Flamingo Ford, hillarious! Will be missed by all.
« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2008, 05:02 by Mike McFarlin »
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2008, 09:33 »
phrog!   man, doz ware da daze!  peach inna late 70s, maybe salem at u1 start up, eye dunno.... cupla udders, songs u1 sleeving project, p.v. fer da u1 maintenance outage- like 86?  aye dunno, but wayne, he's wonna da peeps i miss about da rode.  phrog, yinze take it easy, take it easy now.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

rapidray

« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2008, 11:24 »
this goes out to the rite reverand phrog brewer,

It was you that gave me and SLO-JOE our handles at St. Lucie in '79, you taught us how to become reel HP's, tanx for talking to the penguin (G.L.) of the irmworm gang, and for all you did for me,

brother u will be missed

peace,love, understanding

rapidray

Offline BStella

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #6 on: Feb 09, 2008, 08:17 »
Very sad indeed.  I was hoping he was getting better after his bypass.  Boy, his poor daughters have really been thru a rough time these past few weeks.

Phrog was a lot of things, to a lot of people.  He could definitely make you laugh and he never intensionally made you mad.  All of my memories...make me smile.  I will remember him as a dear, dear man that would give you the shirt off his back.  He'd been on quite the roller coaster (healthwise) in the past few years - I find comfort in knowing he's finally at PEACE.  I pray that his family and friends find this same comfort.

PEACE.

workinman

« Reply #7 on: Feb 09, 2008, 04:07 »
Sad to hear of Phrog's passing!  He was one of the characters that made PV a fun place to work at!  My prayers are with his family.

Offline Radstalker

• Light User
« Reply #8 on: Feb 09, 2008, 04:52 »
Worked with Phrog for many years at PVNGS. Good friend and co-worker. Yes, I can hear him, now "I've worked every plant in the USA". Phrog O'l buddy, you'll always be in my thoughts and prayers.
P.S. I guess you have worked all the plants in the USA and above......

R.I.P. Phrog

Offline azpiper11

• Lurker
Wayne (Phrog) Brewer passing
« Reply #9 on: Feb 10, 2008, 10:39 »
On Behalf Of The Brewer Family:

Wayne "PHROG" Brewer passed away comfortably on Friday February 8th at 12:09 PM at Palm Valley Hospital ICU after suffering from complications after  triple heart bypass surgery a few weeks ago.

Wayne's funeral will be held on Thursday February 14, 2008 at 11AM at the Rude Family Northwest Mortuary, 4033 N. 19th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85015. Telephone: 602-266-8000.

Please keep the Brewer Family in your prayers.

rjc4243

« Reply #10 on: Feb 10, 2008, 11:19 »
Wayne R.I.P.  Keep watch ver me.
Prayers to family members

Phrog

« Reply #11 on: Feb 10, 2008, 12:15 »
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.  My Dad would appreciate it.  We are doing okay over here and we know he is in a better place.  My little nephew immediately said that Papa is in a better place and kids really know what is going on even if we try to protect them from pain.  My Dad donated a lot to St. Jude's Children's Hospital and if anyone would like to donate in his name they can send the donation to us or to them.  Like Dad always said, "Flowers are a waste of money b/c they just die."  I know we need some, but the money would be better spent of sick little kids.

Sincerely,
Luchia, Barbara, and Chelsea

Offline Ginger Bread Woman

• Light User
« Reply #12 on: Feb 10, 2008, 07:16 »

:o :o :'( :'( :'( :'(
I met Phrog thats with a "P" at Brunswick plant in the 80's when it was ole school IRM!!! 1985 @ VC Summer I last had the pleasure of hanging out with Phrog. Knew him for a long time. We would take our little girls around to do the different things that were happening in the area after work. I do not know if you girls will remember this but we went to see baby lions one night. It was a side show or something, The Lions stunk so bad you all would not touch them, It was hilarious.

My prayers are with you all. Your father was a very excellent man, and I am very happy that God let us cross paths on this earth.

RIP my friend.  I know you can see, so check out what I am into now that I am not an HP anymore!!!

God bless all of you.
Love Kathleen Wiggins (aka) Wiencek-Adams

roadhard

« Reply #13 on: Feb 10, 2008, 08:48 »
Wayne's funeral will be held on Thursday February 14, 2008 at 11AM at the Rude Family Northwest Mortuary, 4033 N. 19th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85015. Telephone: 602-266-8000.

For the "Rudest" family planning service, visit the Rude Family Northwest Mortuary where "Mr. Rude" will Rudely inform you where your deceased love one is presently situated - then go off on a "Rude" tangent on death and getting over it.

Chia, Barb, Chels - we cried so hard we laughed. He can't help it if he was being "Rude." Oh ya can just hear Dad busting out. Hey, when it's all over with on Thursday, give Mr. Rude Dad's last message for him. Love ya girls.

Henry - since I won't be there Thursday, I'm hoping somebody will land the whoopee cushion in Phrog's honor - or at least provide a live load. (Maybe Mr. Rude will come through in, or with, a pinch.)

Rapid - Once again: Billy, Doug, Moongate & Phrog are on the hang and got the watch.
« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2008, 06:41 by roadhard »

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #14 on: Feb 11, 2008, 09:12 »
I am very sad to hear of the passing of yet another true legend in this industry. I worked with Phrog about 100 years ago (well, may not quite that long) but I can still hear his voice and see him entertaining a crowd. Did not see him for years, but will always remember him as one of the finest and a true industry pioneer.

RIP brother Phrog.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline bill10249

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #15 on: Feb 11, 2008, 02:16 »
Wayne was  on my  first job ever with IRM we lived at the beach  next door to each other on  night shift  at Oyster  Creek  he will be missed
Bill Gowey
trains stop at a train station, busses stop at a bus station and now I sit at a work station working for DOE - you decide

The Barbarian

« Reply #16 on: Feb 12, 2008, 03:01 »
I first met Phrog at a little outage in Brownville, NE around 1983. He showed up late, borrowed money, and needed a place to stay. I figured I would be sorry, but I never was. Phrog was unique in a profession known for its colorful characters. He taught me that you could not only be good at the work that you do, but actually enjoy yourself while doing it.
I'll miss you brother, the good ones never stay as long as you wish they would - they have work to do in a better place.

roadhard

« Reply #17 on: Feb 12, 2008, 07:23 »
Yo everybody!

The Phrog man gets eulogized Thursday, Valentine's Day.

He wasn't a big poster on this, or any board, but his kid Barbara rang in to thank ya'll for the love under his login - "Phrog"

I check his Karma when she posted - it came in at 2, it's up to 5 now.

How about showing the Phrog some Karma gang?

Give the man some Valentine's day love, bang in once a day between now and then and pop the Phrog man some Karma under this post. Okay?

Ya'll are the best.

Online Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #18 on: Feb 12, 2008, 08:38 »
How about showing the Phrog some Karma gang?

Done

Online Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #19 on: Feb 13, 2008, 08:23 »
Bump (+ Karma)

mtn.girl

« Reply #20 on: Feb 18, 2008, 05:49 »
 :'( So very, very sad to hear of Phrog's passing! :'( Worked with him at Palo for about 4 years. Great fun with him! We all had such a grand time! He loved life and all there is in it. What a great Spirit. He is missed!
See you on the other side Phrog!!!!!!!

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy Metal Poster Child
  • Heavy User
  • you don't know the power of the dark side.
« Reply #21 on: Feb 22, 2008, 01:04 »
Goodbye Phrog.

There goes another personality, Haven't seen Phrog since the early 80's, but the memories are clear. Can't say very many people in today's Nuclear Power will ever stand out like the Techs in the good ol' days.
"Never underestimate the power of a Dark Klown"

Darkmatters website is no more, nada, gonzo, 
http://darkmatter.nukeworker.net.istemp.com  this will get you there, but I can't update it anymore. Maybe nukeworker will host personal sites eventully

Offline Scott McCray

• Very Lite User
  • Out o' the biz/But miss some of the folks!
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2008, 01:54 »
Here I am checkin' in to try and track down some of the Old Guard - and I find out Phrog is gone, Moongate is gone, damn I feel old. :'(

My condolences to all of his many friends and family.

Scott

Offline sammey1216

• Very Lite User
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2008, 11:23 »
Sorry to hear about Phrog!! My husband, Glenn McCoy, worked with him at Palo Verde along with Moon Hurley.  Glenn passed himself on August 14, 2007 of blood clots to the lungs.  My heart and prayers go out to the family.  Glenn always told me about Phrogs antics and how he kept everyone entertained.  Here is another one to add to the Motley Crew in heaven.  God Bless you all.

Stacy McCoy (ex-APS Security Officer)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?