Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu User Profile Picture - How and/or why did you choose yours?
honeypot

Author Topic: User Profile Picture - How and/or why did you choose yours?  (Read 42334 times)

gman82

Re: User Profile Picture - How and/or why did you choose yours?
« Reply #25 on: Feb 14, 2008, 01:49 »
Other than having "Avatar" as my avatar I was bit of a fan of the SciFi fantasy animated films of the 70s, such as Wizards, and Heavy Metal.

I love that movie, me and my friends always refer to those "funky monsters"

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #26 on: Feb 14, 2008, 07:40 »
I figured I should pay respect to our next President.
Pretty simple.

Dream on. At least you got the 'pretty simple' part right. Oh, wait... that probably isn't what you meant.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline deltarho

• An EOOW asked during his S/Y steam plant testing pre-watch tour, "Shouldn't those scram breakers be open?" K-thunk, K-thunk. "Uh-oh!"
  • Heavy User
  • I make alpha particle "direct delivery" systems.
« Reply #27 on: Feb 14, 2008, 08:21 »
I happen to work for a major manufacturer of a certain cash crop.  I didn't want to explain how the public doesn't understand that 2nd hand smoke is nowhere near as dangerous as the cigarette is to the intended consumer.  Knowing and explaining that the Alpha cookie goes into the pocket or that there are more than 4,000 compounds rushing directly into the lungs just ahead of the heat source just doesn't get the overall concept of what 20,000 ionizations per incident means.  So, I used a spoof of a particular brand that I may or may not make, from a Wacky Package sticker.  Any questions? 

I miss nuke 'tude!
The above has nothing to do with any real  or imagined person(s).  Moreover, any referenced biped(s) simulating real or imagined persons--with a pulse or not--is coincidental, as far as you know.

shovelheadred

« Reply #28 on: Feb 14, 2008, 06:24 »
...This U.S.Marine was prosecuted as a killer in 2006 for shooting 2 Al-Quaeda, soldiers, by our government...this is just a reminder that we are in a war, and most of us have family, friends and coworkers who have been to Iraq, or Afghanistan, some made it back, to go again and some a third time..some are in Arlington...the enemy all looks the same to me,,and a man with a gun, that was shooting at me, would get return fire..or like this guy did, one in the head, the back of the head, but "war is Hell"..this may or may not be the way it went down, who knows...but my reason for my profile picture..besides he has that, "New Marlboro Man" look

RADBASTARD

« Reply #29 on: Feb 14, 2008, 08:11 »
Shovalhead I agree he should have sent a few more to meet allah an their 72 virgins
great photo choice

slattmandu

« Reply #30 on: Feb 15, 2008, 03:50 »
I play electric guitar and that's the same color of my hair!

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #31 on: Feb 15, 2008, 04:08 »
Dave, you should know that every time I see that avatar, I smite you. ;)

Yeh you must have been smiting me too cause my karma went down 7 or 8 points when I put my Obama photo up for a while  :)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #32 on: Feb 15, 2008, 04:19 »
Yeh you must have been smiting me too cause my karma went down 7 or 8 points when I put my Obama photo up for a while  :)

I can neither confirm nor deny that. But I'm glad it's gone. ;)

Which reminds me, I haven't smited Dave today.
« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2008, 04:21 by Rennhack »

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #33 on: Feb 15, 2008, 07:35 »
I can neither confirm nor deny that. But I'm glad it's gone. ;)

Which reminds me, I haven't smited Dave today.

All it takes is a click, Hack..... ;)

I am glad to see that George has come over to the Democratic side and is supporting Obama.
We welcome all recovering Republican's, Badkitty.

ddklbl

« Reply #34 on: Feb 15, 2008, 09:57 »
I am glad to see that George has come over to the Democratic side and is supporting Obama.

Supporting him how?  Standing by with the Kleenex when he gets that hanger out?

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #35 on: Feb 18, 2008, 08:06 »

Look at the surface, fail to apply any thought, make assumption. No change.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Motown homey

« Reply #36 on: Feb 21, 2008, 09:34 »
My daughter took this picture for a MySpace page that I never started.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #37 on: Feb 21, 2008, 12:20 »
Okay, I changed mine and yes this is me a few years back. Seeing as I'm turning 50 in a couple of months and planning an all girls getaway with family and some of best friends (including some from high school). I'd pay homage to my last birthday bash which was at 18 and spent in Ocala and Daytona. This photo was taken my senior year of high school.

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
  • I was liberal as a youth then I had to pay taxes..
« Reply #38 on: Feb 21, 2008, 01:59 »
I figured I should pay respect to our next President.
Pretty simple.

Be careful what you wish for Dave - he could just as well end up being as useless as his good bud, MA Gov. Deval Patrick considering he's been using all his speeches and catch phrases - but then again i don't anything expect more than uselessness from limousine democrats. :)

Now as far as my Avatar goes I consider myself blessed I can even log on to a computer let alone actually do something on it so until I get my 12 year old online to download a picture for me I'm stuck with the standard nukeworker.com choices of avatars
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

PapaBear765

« Reply #39 on: Feb 26, 2008, 09:13 »
I needed to get positive on karma.

Damn the moderators!

dewf

« Reply #40 on: Feb 26, 2008, 09:37 »
i forget where i got this... essentially its a stick figure on a snail... "to war, my steed!" always make me chuckle.

But, hey I've not been stuck in a sewer pipe all day wishing I could see the sunshine either.

I'll pass on the Karma.  At least the Positive Karma for now.

Show me some substance (vs grand'standing).

hahahahaha... sewer pipe.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #41 on: Feb 27, 2008, 03:35 »
Mine is the Hebrew letter Yod... AKA the first initial of the Hebrew name for God... AKA the symbol of the 14th degree of Scottish Rite Masonry.

Justin

Offline mikec426

• Light User
« Reply #42 on: Feb 29, 2008, 10:00 »
I picked mine because it looks cool and most people don't know what it is.   ;D

number41

« Reply #43 on: Mar 03, 2008, 02:37 »
Mine used to be motorcycles, but one of the fascists, I mean moderators  ;D that runs this joint changed it for me!  I'm pretty sure it was the one who says his avatar is a pic of a "handsome guy" that he found somewhere.

number41

« Reply #44 on: Mar 03, 2008, 02:44 »
mike, yours looks like a clip from the movie "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" where the spaceship is beaming-up people.  If not, WTF is it?

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #45 on: Mar 03, 2008, 11:45 »
Mine used to be motorcycles, but one of the fascists, I mean moderators  ;D that runs this joint changed it for me!  I'm pretty sure it was the one who says his avatar is a pic of a "handsome guy" that he found somewhere.

Fascists?!?  If you don't like it, you can change it back.  I thought you would love it.  BTW, only Nuclear Nascar and I have access to peoples profile.

number41

« Reply #46 on: Mar 03, 2008, 05:49 »
Rennhack, of course I love it, that's why I haven't changed it back.  The smiley face would imply that I'm giving you a hard time.  Anyway, I don't want to upset the Pinko's that run this place.  I hear they can have me shipped to a gulag in Siberia!!!!! ;D ;D

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #47 on: Mar 03, 2008, 08:32 »
aye wuz looking four sum thing dat reflected fav areas in my life.....work, geography, 'n sports.  doi..........!  some peepal haffa deeficult time wit homer, butt dey due knot no da daffynishun, obb vee us lee.   ;)
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy Metal Poster Child
  • Heavy User
  • you don't know the power of the dark side.
« Reply #48 on: Mar 04, 2008, 05:48 »
Twenty plus years as a Contract Tech, the Bobba Fett avatar seemed to just fit-----the things we do for money. As for the darkmatter moniker, well that's a inside joke for astrophysics----if I have to explain, you won't get it.
"Never underestimate the power of a Dark Klown"

Darkmatters website is no more, nada, gonzo, 
http://darkmatter.nukeworker.net.istemp.com  this will get you there, but I can't update it anymore. Maybe nukeworker will host personal sites eventully

Offline FrankyJack

• Very Lite User
  • Closing Time
« Reply #49 on: Mar 04, 2008, 06:05 »
I've been told by those who know me...including my wife, that the best way to view me is with heavy make-up or a mask on.

thought about this....   decided against putting on makeup but i guess i can do a mask...

by the way...   i doodled mine...    spent almost six weeks waiting for a required hazmat seminar before i could complete my training at hanford...   i doodled lots of stuff during that time but this was the only thing i could show anyone...
« Last Edit: Mar 04, 2008, 06:10 by FrankyJack »
If they wanted it done right, they'd do it different..

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?