Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Checking on your reference contacts  

Author Topic: Checking on your reference contacts  (Read 3165 times)

nukemdukem

Checking on your reference contacts
« on: Feb 14, 2008, 10:50 »
I had to list a couple people I knew for my application into the Navy.  Do they eventually call them and ask questions? and is there any way to change them?

Thanks

matthew.b

Re: Checking on your reference contacts
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2008, 01:21 »
I was the reference for someone who went in.  I was called about 2 months later.

I never served so I can answer your other question.

I don't know how relevant it is to the Navy, but when I got a civilian nuke job, EVERY reference was talked to at length.  It was quite the form to fill out since I had to account for and provide a reference from every place I lived and worked or went to school for the previous 20 years.

McBride

« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2008, 11:12 »
They called my ref's, and got more ref's.  Then they asked the ref's that I DIDN'T list about me, my character, etc.  That was for the Navy in 1985.

Just this week, I went through security check for Southern Nuclear.
They called my ref's, and got more ref's.  Then they asked the ref's that I DIDN'T list about me, my character, etc.

It makes sense.  They know you're going to stack your deck.  So, they don't check into who YOU list as much as the people you choose NOT to list.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Feb 15, 2008, 03:26 »
It's called a 'developed referance', standard security proctice for any security clearnace, DOD, DOE, or NRC.

ddklbl

« Reply #4 on: Feb 15, 2008, 04:34 »
I listed 3 or 4 references and gave them all a courtesy call, to let them know that I used them as a such.  I also told them that they may need to provide one more reference on my behalf, not previously mentioned.  The phone call went like this:

"John, I used you as a reference.  They will need to to give one more name.  Sorry, I used Chris as one too, and he is going to give them Terry's name as a follow up.  Sorry, Joe is going to give them Sarah's name.  I haven't used Charlie yet, you could give them his name."

I would think they would understand that some of us only have so many close friends.  :(  There are a lot of people I could give, but there aren't that many that know me intimately enough, that I or they would feel comfortable as a reference. 

The word intimately was used loosely.  Don't get any ideas. 

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?