Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Memorial Day  

Author Topic: Memorial Day  (Read 7617 times)

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
Memorial Day
« on: May 26, 2008, 12:49 »
Happy Memorial Day to you all, and to those that served during war time or peace time; on foreign soil or at home; on land, sea or air... I say thank you.

Feel free to post well wishes, memorials, memories, etc. Keep it clean and please out of respect keep it on topic. No anti-war or political garbage. Thanks.

Cathy

Re: Memorial Day
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 06:55 »
“Once each May, amid the quiet hills and rolling lanes and breeze-brushed trees of Arlington National Cemetery, far above the majestic Potomac and the monuments and memorials of our Nation’s Capital just beyond, the graves of America’s military dead are decorated with the beautiful flag that in life these brave souls followed and loved. This scene is repeated across our land and around the world, wherever our defenders rest. Let us hold it our sacred duty and our inestimable privilege on this day to decorate these graves ourselves—with a fervent prayer and a pledge of true allegiance to the cause of liberty, peace, and country for which America’s own have ever served and sacrificed... Our pledge and our prayer this day are those of free men and free women who know that all we hold dear must constantly be built up, fostered, revered and guarded vigilantly from those in every age who seek its destruction. We know, as have our Nation’s defenders down through the years, that there can never be peace without its essential elements of liberty, justice and independence. Those true and only building blocks of peace were the lone and lasting cause and hope and prayer that lighted the way of those whom we honor and remember this Memorial Day. To keep faith with our hallowed dead, let us be sure, and very sure, today and every day of our lives, that we keep their cause, their hope, their prayer, forever our country’s own.” —Ronald Reagan

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 07:43 »
amen, cathy.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
  • Stop Talking, Just Do It!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 07:45 »
Very nice Cathy.. K to ya.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 07:36 »
I would like to thank my dad who was a medic in a mash unit in the korean war.

My uncle John who landed in south france,then the battle of the bulge with patton,he crossed the rhine in little dingies while being shot at,and after the war he was a 1st sgt. in charge of all the nazi war criminals while they were in their cells at the nuremburg trials.
You had to be over 6' tall to be a courtroom guard.
He is still alive today.

My uncle allen who was in the air force during vietnam.

And last my cousins dave and randy who fought in both gulf wars and bosnia.

Also my relatives who fought for the polish calvary brigade outside of warsaw and poznan in 1939 against the nazi bastards.One was a LT. They were never heard from again.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 07:41 by RadBastard »

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 12:24 »
To all my soldiers in heaven;

Daddy for giving 9 years of your life overseas during WWII and Korea and the rest of your life remembering. I hope you finally know peace and are at rest.

Momma, who was a civilian dispatcher at Bartow Air Force Base and the best patriot I've ever known, thanks for passing down your love of all things and for sharing your war time stories.

Gigi, for never loosing your sense of humor when the Navy recalled you to duty and sent a 42 year old attorney from Florida to be the Harbor Master at Kodiak Island. For giving me my love of the sea, thank you.

To Jim, my dear brother I hope you are with dad and ya'll are fishing some where. For your service in Viet Nam and the pride you always had in our country, I say thank you and Simper Fi!

For those of you that served and are still here...

Bud, Pete and Nick; three of the toughest boys ever to come out of North Alabama,thank you is not enough.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 12:14 by Camella Black »

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 04:02 »
I thank everyone for their well wishes for Memorial Day. But I would like to wait until Veterans Day to be the proper focus for thanks. At this point, I would like to thank the brave men I have known that fought in WWII but have since passed on, and for the few WWI Veterans I had the privelege to meet.
I also appreciate those that served in the many wars we have fought since WWII, but most of them will still be around on Veterans Day.
May the combat death of an American military man or woman never again be in vain!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

LaFeet

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 10:21 »
 For those that served, I thank thee.  I am thankful that I am alive.  That I can persue my wishes and speak my mind.  That I can chose to believe how I want to believe. And I am thankful for all the freindships that sprung from the confines of submarine life, from the constant threeat of "Ivan" while on deployment, the spirited release during a foriegn port call, and the hyperactivity during the channel ride home. 

My father served, and retired.  Korea, Germany, Vietnam and finally back to the states.  To him and his comrads I salute you and thank you.

For the thousands, no millions of our brethern serving today, I pray for your safety.  And I regret any family's lose.

Paule Patterson

RNN

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 10:53 »
As Roll Tide has suggested I will save most of my thanks to family and friends for Vetrans Day but I would like to thank you all that have served or are still serving our country /salute.

RNN

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?