Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Congrats to Pat Hoppe on your new or is that old position?

Author Topic: Congrats to Pat Hoppe on your new or is that old position?  (Read 20377 times)

slattmandu

Congrats Pat on the new job! You were always fair back in the day. And maybe some of that has been missing since you left. I'm sure everyone will be glad to see you back at the Cookie factory full time.                                  Slatts

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
pat?!  at the cookie farm full time?  sweet.  good job pat.

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
Congrats Pat on the new job! You were always fair back in the day. And maybe some of that has been missing since you left. I'm sure everyone will be glad to see you back at the Cookie factory full time.                                  Slatts

Slatts,

Thanks I really appreciate it. I'm hoping they're glad, but no RP is ever happy unless they're bi#$%^n :P

pat?!  at the cookie farm full time?  sweet.  good job pat.

Thanks Hammy, hopefully we'll see you up in the Great White North soon. ;)     
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

Offline Duke Nuker

• Retired Radiation Protection and Emergency Preparedness
  • Moderate User
  • Currently Fly Fishing
Hey Pat,

Congrats......but which old new job is it?  I seem to remember you doing several.  Amazing how things come full circle.  I wonder if that means I will return there, also.

Good Luck

Jeff
Is it time for coffee yet?

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
Congratulations, well deserved.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Jr8black3

Congrats Pat, I knew you would never stay in Ohio long. I guess I missed what hat you are going to be wearing I've seen you wear so many over the years.. Best of luck to you and your family over there at the Cookie farm..Once again congrats Pat.

Kevin

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
Thanks to all of you who posted and to all of you who have sent me PM's...I really apreciate it. I'm the General Supervisor of Rad Ops ( my old position at the Cookie Farm) and would love to see some of you up here in the Great White North. Again, Thank you All for your kind words and support.
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Chimera

Congratulations Pat - you were great to work with before and I'm sure you will be again.

Allow me to be the first to show off my ignorance: Where or what is the "Cookie Farm"?  I've never heard that term used before.  The closest I can figure would be DC Cook.

I apologize for my ignorance and, again, congratulations.

Michael

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
Congratulations Pat - you were great to work with before and I'm sure you will be again.

Allow me to be the first to show off my ignorance: Where or what is the "Cookie Farm"?  I've never heard that term used before.  The closest I can figure would be DC Cook.

I apologize for my ignorance and, again, congratulations.

Michael

That would be a bulls-eye.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline irish1

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Hey Pat,glad to see your back in town.I hope things are much better in cookie world.Congrats.

stownsend

Re: Congrats to Pat Hoppe on your new or is that old position?
« Reply #10 on: Mar 05, 2008, 08:55 »
Congratulations Pat
Hope you recieved everything you asked for and more.

Jr8black3

« Reply #11 on: Mar 06, 2008, 04:06 »
So Pat. Whats it like being back at the Cookie farm? They must have missed you. Tell everybody I said hello..

LouDog777

« Reply #12 on: Mar 28, 2008, 09:58 »
Congrats Hopster!!

I hope things go well for you up there. ;D

Offline shiine8

• Light User
  • it aint pretty
« Reply #13 on: Mar 29, 2008, 10:01 »
Pat, What'd you do with the sand Farm in nevada?

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
« Reply #14 on: Apr 02, 2008, 11:45 »
Pat, What'd you do with the sand Farm in nevada?

Still got it! Gotta keep all your options open ;)

Offline galent

• Light User
  • Somebody toss me a crumb, will ya?
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2008, 10:21 »
Well, it's been 21 years since I was last there. I wonder if my name is still visible on top of the containment dome in Unit 2.

P.S. - if you ever climb up there, where the ladder switches from vertical to a forty-five degree angle, use the TOP side. It's kinda hard to climb up the bottom side! 

Offline X-Nuke

• A nuke gone horribly wrong
  • Moderate User
  • Life just doesn't get any better than this!
« Reply #16 on: Jun 04, 2008, 09:29 »

Congrats on your return to Cook Pat.  I just joined the board but I was in the business a while back.  It seems like I remember something from Palisades from way back about you, a coffee cup, and the top of the containment. 

Could be faulty memory on my part but I do remember the Navy stories about Dr. Hoppe's Crash Kits.  Hope you're doing well.

Another day, another opportunity for excellence!

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
« Reply #17 on: Jun 06, 2008, 11:59 »
Congrats on your return to Cook Pat.  I just joined the board but I was in the business a while back.  It seems like I remember something from Palisades from way back about you, a coffee cup, and the top of the containment. 

Could be faulty memory on my part but I do remember the Navy stories about Dr. Hoppe's Crash Kits.  Hope you're doing well.

ROFLMAO ;D Yes I remember the coffee cup and the top of containment. Thanks for the memory

Offline X-Nuke

• A nuke gone horribly wrong
  • Moderate User
  • Life just doesn't get any better than this!
« Reply #18 on: Jun 06, 2008, 04:58 »

Thought you might.  For those not familiar with the legend, Pat had a coffee cup that hadn't been cleaned in years that had built up that "patina" that only a coffee cup that hadn't been cleaned in years can acquire. Pat came in to lead his shift one day toward the end of a refueling outage to find his cup sweeky clean. Thus started the witch hunt.

The final clue was written on the top of the inside of the Palisades containment dome with "Pat, I cleaned your coffee cup." and signed by the perpetrator. The thing that surprised me about the incident wasn't the fact that the guy crawled up there to do it and it wasn't surprising that Pat went up to see who it was; it was the number of other people that had to see it too.

Palisades in the early 80's was a real hoot.  I'd go back if I thought my liver could take it.  Other funny memories from those days were the cartoon character "Bobby Burden" that appeared in various parts of the containmment and the final note; "Palisades '83 Refueling Outage, in a respirator nobody can hear you scream."

Bill Wattson
Another day, another opportunity for excellence!

sopdyke

« Reply #19 on: Jun 30, 2008, 11:25 »
I'm a little late catching up on the news.  Congratulations!!!  Sounds like your doing well.  Good to see all the nice replys.  Be well and take care.  Sue Opdyke

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?