Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Help a stranger! honeypot

Author Topic: Help a stranger!  (Read 10011 times)

Offline Phurst

• NRRPT-HPT
  • Very Heavy User
  • One in a row!
Help a stranger!
« on: Feb 20, 2008, 03:18 »
I was contacted by a French Operator. He is looking for info on the aspects of operation in the United States. Is there an operator out there will to PM him and help him out a bit? His nukeworker id is french_nuke_worker.
Today is the best day of my life! HSIITBS!

'For the quality of owning freezes you forever into "I" and cuts you off forever from the "we". - Steinbeck

Fermi2

Re: Help a stranger!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2008, 05:01 »
I sent him a message.

Mike

french_nuke_worker

« Reply #2 on: Feb 23, 2008, 09:03 »
hey everybody. It's me. Don't be worry. I just want to talk. I don't put a thread because I'm not familiar with forum, not because I'm french...
I worked as an operator since year 2000, before I was an operation tech.. and before I worked in a fuel oil plant.
Actualy I 'm leanrning english because I hope I will work abroad with my company.
I found this forum on the internet and I thought it's interresting to learn how US operators works.

We haven't licence in France and I wonder how it consist.

Thanks to Phrust to put this thread.

I don't understand what "PM" means.

vikingfan

« Reply #3 on: Feb 23, 2008, 09:21 »
personal message or private message

Fermi2

« Reply #4 on: Feb 23, 2008, 09:54 »
I sent you a Private message.

By the way, welcome to the forum, it's nice having another international here!
Mike
« Last Edit: Feb 23, 2008, 09:55 by Broadzilla »

french_nuke_worker

« Reply #5 on: Feb 27, 2008, 03:23 »
Are US operators change company or compare there pay between company? What is the pay for a SRO?
I don't know if it's difficult for you to talk about pay or if it's natural.
In France we have just one nuclear company and each operator with the same level has the same pay.

Offline Deep'n the Swamps

• Light User
« Reply #6 on: Mar 02, 2008, 04:54 »
Bonjour Mon Ami,
En Français, Je ne suis pas un operator, mais je travaille dans industrie nucléaire beaucoup ans.
Le salaire est différent pour chaque niveau de compagnie et degré d'expérience, mais pas trop différent. Des opérateurs autorisés sont payés bien, Je pense. '"P.M." signifie le message privé de courriere (envoye poste d'electronique dans Nukeworker- comprenez?). Parlez-moi en français, j'ont besoin de la pratique. J'habite en Louisianne près de la Nouvelle-Orléans. Ecrivez-moi avec vos questions, envoyez un message privé.
RK
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathan Swift

mlslstephens

« Reply #7 on: Mar 02, 2008, 05:01 »
Bonjour Mon Ami,
En Français, Je ne suis pas un operator, mais je travaille dans industrie nucléaire beaucoup ans.
Le salaire est différent pour chaque niveau de compagnie et degré d'expérience, mais pas trop différent. Des opérateurs autorisés sont payés bien, Je pense. '"P.M." signifie le message privé de courriere (envoye poste d'electronique dans Nukeworker- comprenez?). Parlez-moi en français, j'ont besoin de la pratique. J'habite en Louisianne près de la Nouvelle-Orléans. Ecrivez-moi avec vos questions, envoyez un message privé.
RK

I don't think this post violates any of Mike's forum rules, but there is something definitely wrong here.  Is it just me?  I thought the purpose of the open forum was to allow the rest of us "Americans" to chime in and possible help.  This post should have been PM'ed, but then again, it kind of was.  :(
« Last Edit: Mar 02, 2008, 05:03 by NaVLI4 »

Offline Deep'n the Swamps

• Light User
« Reply #8 on: Mar 02, 2008, 05:05 »
It was....I don't think we should be paranoid...which was the purpose of the response. :)
I should add, it's more of a translation problem than anything, I offered to help via post...er PM
« Last Edit: Mar 02, 2008, 05:09 by DeepInTheSwamps »
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathan Swift

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?