Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu progresss report from this VPNM honeypot

Author Topic: progresss report from this VPNM  (Read 26784 times)

JustinHEMI05

Re: progresss report from this VPNM
« Reply #25 on: Feb 26, 2011, 11:21 »
Congratulations!

Offline Wareal

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #26 on: Feb 27, 2011, 09:26 »
Congratulations  +K to your son Kathy.  You have every reason to be very proud.

Offline Wanna Know Mom

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2013, 09:11 »
Well, time for my last progress report . Today is my ET's first day of terminal leave.  Wow, where did the time go?!!  No real complaints from him during these
last six years........he just quietly did his Navy job and did it well.  Lots of good  things happened......discharged as E6 (one of his goals)..........experienced different cultures at numerous foreign ports of call......earned the honor of becoming a ShellBack......received the NAM..... married a young lady he'd known since highschool.....made some lifetime friendships with folk from all parts of the USA.

His plans:  Take the summer off!  He and his wife will take a road trip from the east coast (Navy home port) to the west coast (where they both grew up).....she starts her teaching career this fall at the highschool they they both graduated from.  He is enrolling in my alma mater (Oregon State University) for an engineering degree.  It will be good to see him more often.  He is still that wonderful human being that the Navy borrowed 6 years ago. The Navy Nuke experience was (in my opinion) a good thing for him, but the military is just not his cup of tea.  Not sure I would encourage him  to join the active reserves.....dont think he would want to anyway!

To all of you current and former military, thanks for your service.
VPNNM (VeryProudNavyNukeMom)
« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2013, 11:37 by Wanna Know Mom »

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2013, 09:38 »
Good story, been following it since you first came to these parts,...

The good stories always have little if any drama, just good people doing a good job and earning good things,...

Military not his cup of tea?!?!?!?

Well, at least he's part of a very big club,...

Tell him thank you for his service from everybody here worth a dam when he gets around to calling his mom again,...

GLW, former MM1/SS - ELT

[clap] [clap] [clap] [clap] [clap]
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 09:40 by GLW »

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #29 on: Jun 01, 2013, 01:11 »
On average, the Navy isn't most sane people's cup of tea, so feather in his cap for getting out and enjoying life!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?