Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu what to expect for SO?

Author Topic: what to expect for SO?  (Read 4904 times)

mg1900

what to expect for SO?
« on: Feb 26, 2008, 03:44 »
hi i'm totally new to the forum. Just a bit of a background my long term boyfriend has just become an ensign for nuke submarines and will be starting power school soon. He is in for another 5-6 years. What can a significant other expect in terms of what is ahead? Just wanted some input from people who have gone through this. How are the deployments like? We are not married nor have children and are currently living apart. I don't think we're ready for marriage just yet and I'm not sure if it would be much of a marriage considering how often he will be away.. Do nuke officers in subs have it worst off in terms of separation then enlisted? Thanks everyone

Offline Loffy Muffin

• Moderate User
  • Little hand says it is time to rock and roll
Re: what to expect for SO?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2008, 07:02 »
O ganger have shorter duty cycles.  They usually (at least, did) have 2-3 years at sea then cycle to a nice shore gig, like at point loma, CA...that sound pretty nice, now doesn't it?  Except I don't think they have base housing at the Point.  So, Ogangers have much better rotations then enlisted, but the on the sub he will spend most of his time deployed or on the sub. 

You are not going to live in some Fatt neighborhood having ice cream socials every sunday if that is what you want.  YOu will not have a chance at a career because you will need to move every couple of years.  Oh, and the money is not very good (unless that has changed). 

Other then that.....

See right through the red, white and blue disguise
With lecture I puncture the structure of lies
Installed in our minds and attempting
To hold us back
We've got to take it back, Take the power back

taterhead

Re: what to expect for SO?
« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2008, 01:22 »

Trust in Love and discard Lust.

No, embrace the lust and hang on to that.  Love makes you do silly things, lust, well, you just have sex.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?