Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu EOOW Letter honeypot

Author Topic: EOOW Letter  (Read 15393 times)

BLantoka

EOOW Letter
« on: Feb 26, 2008, 11:25 »
I am currently attempting to land a job and one of the requested items is my EOOW letter to accompany my resume.  Long story short, my divorce has left me short of quite a lot of paperwork that I'm sure found their way into the trash rather than in the mail towards me.  I have received a copy of my service record and, of course, no EOOW letter.  I called MPR and was told to request another copy.  After going through about 3 or 4 "helpful" representatives I have almost given up.

Here's why I'm here... it's been 5 years since I qualified ewhiz so aside from actually having one in front of me to describe I'm not going to be much more help than I've been the next time I call.  I am "respectfully requesting" (yeah, I know... don't say that...) some kind person to email me a scan of their's (obviously with all identification information removed to ensure privacy.

I will be forever indebted to whoever gives me a hand here.

blantoka@email.com

ddklbl

Re: EOOW Letter
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2008, 11:37 »
I don't know what you mean by EOOW letter.  When I qualified, the only documentation I had was a service record page 2 entry, my evals, my end-of-tour, and the biiiillllllions of engineering log entries.  That being said, I am also at a loss as to why they are asking for it.  I never was asked for proof, not that this helps you any. 

Do you not have the page 2 or eval to provide proof or is your potential employer wanting more?
« Last Edit: Feb 26, 2008, 11:40 by dd »

BLantoka

« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2008, 12:06 »
I was given an actual letter signed "by direction" stating my qualification as engineering watch supervisor/engineering duty petty officer.

I'm guessing that's what the head hunter wants since he specifically asked for an eoow letter... and that to me doesn't sound like just the page 2... however I won't rule out that all I got was a useless piece of paper to frame or use as toilet paper and the page 2 is all enlisted personnel get.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2008, 03:42 »
uh, I don't know what he is talking about. I never got a "letter" for EWS/EDPO/EOOW/EDO. Like DD said, just the appropriate page 2 entries (which mine is missing from my CD), evals, etc. No... "letter." And I am not sure why he would want such a thing. In my experience, no one gave a s**t about my EOOW quals. That is exactly how one interviewer put it... "I don't give a s**t about your EOOW quals. But I do care about your EWS quals." LOL

Justin

mlslstephens

« Reply #4 on: Feb 27, 2008, 06:24 »
I am currently attempting to land a job and one of the requested items is my EOOW letter to accompany my resume.  Long story short, my divorce has left me short of quite a lot of paperwork that I'm sure found their way into the trash rather than in the mail towards me.  I have received a copy of my service record and, of course, no EOOW letter.  I called MPR and was told to request another copy.  After going through about 3 or 4 "helpful" representatives I have almost given up.

Here's why I'm here... it's been 5 years since I qualified ewhiz so aside from actually having one in front of me to describe I'm not going to be much more help than I've been the next time I call.  I am "respectfully requesting" (yeah, I know... don't say that...) some kind person to email me a scan of their's (obviously with all identification information removed to ensure privacy.

I will be forever indebted to whoever gives me a hand here.

blantoka@email.com

I'm close to the action, but I must be honest with you; not sure about what letter you refer to.  However, that doesn't mean I won't help.  Where were you, NY or SC and how long ago are we talking?  PM me if you so choose and I'll see what I can do for you. 

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #5 on: Feb 27, 2008, 08:45 »
you mean an interviewer in the big leagues actually cares whether you were qualified EWS or EOOW?  I'm shocked.   :D

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #6 on: Feb 27, 2008, 09:13 »
For clarification....

Regular Surface folks get "letters" that are signed by the CO whenever they complete a qualification.  I have  CICWO, OOD, CDO, etc. letters from my conventional SWO ship tour.  They simply state that you qualified whatever you qualified.  I don't have an EOOW or PPWO letter from my time on the CVN however....These "letters" are important from a certain standpoint...like at statutory promotion boards....

Example...For a SWO, you must have an EOOW and a TAO letter to screen XO.

That being said, your letter should have been sent to Bupers as well as being put into your service record. Try requesting a copy of your record on CD and look there.

“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

Offline rumrunner

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #7 on: Feb 29, 2008, 02:04 »
A letter seems a tad bureaucratic.  I don't know what format is used for evals these days, but in the early 80's there was a narrative block for "specific accomplishments during this appraisal period" or words to that effect.  This was where things like "Petty Officer Squid qualified as Propulsion Plant Watch Supervisor, was designated as the Master ELT, and was awarded the Navy Expeditionary Medal" were written.   It was signed by the Reactor Officer and these were what I provided when asked during interviews.

Dave

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #8 on: Feb 29, 2008, 05:52 »
A letter seems a tad bureaucratic. 

Regular Surface navy is all about bureaucracy.....and  its bureaucracy run amok in most cases. 

I hated every single minute of my conventional SWO tour. 

“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

LDO4CNO

« Reply #9 on: Mar 01, 2008, 07:57 »
I was given an actual letter signed "by direction" stating my qualification as engineering watch supervisor/engineering duty petty officer.

I'm guessing that's what the head hunter wants since he specifically asked for an eoow letter... and that to me doesn't sound like just the page 2... however I won't rule out that all I got was a useless piece of paper to frame or use as toilet paper and the page 2 is all enlisted personnel get.

Gamecocks advice is spot on.  Get a CD of your service record if you don’t have one already.  TAP class should have imparted on you the importance of your service record.  Find the EVAL/FITREP that discusses your EOOW qual and share it with your headhunter. 
If your headhunter does not understand enlisted EOOWs at prototype do not get the letters like Carrier EOOWs and SWO’s, then he is not worth his salt.  Shop for another headhunter.  If you were an enlisted EOOW on a Carrier, you may have gotten the same letter the O-gangers get (It depends on the ship).  If you did it will be on your CD.  If you are indeed EOOW qualified, and want a good headhunter PM me and I will let you know who I think is the most reputable.  (A reputable headhunter………is that an oxymoron?)

JB

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?