Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Help before I report to NPTU, the 626 honeypot

Author Topic: Help before I report to NPTU, the 626  (Read 14548 times)

LuckyKid

Help before I report to NPTU, the 626
« on: Mar 08, 2008, 11:29 »
Help! Okay, first of all, if someone from 0707 reads this, I have no idea when we muster on the 24th. Secondly, the Master Chief who gave us our brief said something to the effect of us being about to wear cami's there, and if that's true, SWEET. What kind do I buy, and what color of undershirt do I wear with them. I seriously have no idea.

Kthx.

MM3

taterhead

Re: Help before I report to NPTU, the 626
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2008, 11:43 »
Cami's in the propulsion plant...God am I happy to be getting out before that sacrilege occurs.

Fermi2

« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2008, 12:27 »
Help! Okay, first of all, if someone from 0707 reads this, I have no idea when we muster on the 24th. Secondly, the Master Chief who gave us our brief said something to the effect of us being about to wear cami's there, and if that's true, SWEET. What kind do I buy, and what color of undershirt do I wear with them. I seriously have no idea.

Kthx.

MM3

Why ask us? Call the command and ask.

Offline DDMurray

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #3 on: Mar 08, 2008, 01:50 »

Why ask us? Call the command and ask.
Try navyonesource.  There you can at least get contact information.  Since you were about 4 miles from the sight for the previous 9-12 months, you ought to be able to figure this out.  Remember this lesson before you grad NPTU.  That way you won't look incompetent (again).  Maybe show up a day early and ask the security gate or find the command quarterdeck.  If you pick this, don't do it during peak gate hours as you will piss off those who are trying to get to work (and know where they are going).
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
T. Roosevelt

ddklbl

« Reply #4 on: Mar 08, 2008, 02:13 »

Kthx.

MM3

The number for the TC's office is 5577.  I don't remember the prefix.  693 or 673 ???

Don't worry about the cammies.  Whenever you report to a new command, do so in your dress uniform. 

There is a Subway on the quarterdeck where they will sign you in, give you your badge, so you can swipe through the turnstiles.  There will be guys in their blues holding their arms out, pointing, monotonically chanting "Stairs...Third Floor...Follow Signs...".  Everyone will be in utilities but the new guys checking in.

0500 should be your check in time.  Just kidding, I don't know what time muster is.

« Last Edit: Mar 08, 2008, 02:59 by dd »

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #5 on: Mar 08, 2008, 02:17 »
https://www.npdc.navy.mil/nptu/default.cfm?fa=cmdinfo.contacts

This link gives you the phone number for NPTU. 

Call them and get your questions answered.

“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

Offline 93-383

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #6 on: Mar 08, 2008, 02:47 »
The number for the TC's office is 5577.  I don't remember the prefix.  693 or 673 ???

Don't worry about the cammies.  Whenever you report to a new command, do so in your dress uniform. 

There is a Subway on the quarterdeck where they will sign you in, give you your badge, so you can swipe through the turnstiles.  There will be guys in their blues holding their arms out, pointing, monotonically chanting "Stairs...Third Floor...Follow Signs...".  Everyone will be in utilities but the new guys checking in.

0500 should be your check in time. 

Parade rest, dress blues, Subway.

did they turn the cafeteria in the Charleston NPTU into a Subway? if so good that old cafeteria sucked and was over priced

ddklbl

« Reply #7 on: Mar 08, 2008, 03:00 »
[...] that old cafeteria sucked and was over priced

Guys say the same thing about the subway.  Some things change, some things stay the same...

taterhead

« Reply #8 on: Mar 08, 2008, 03:10 »
did they turn the cafeteria in the Charleston NPTU into a Subway? if so good that old cafeteria sucked and was over priced

I saw many a friend of mine eat enough chili-cheese nachos to grow about 4 sizes in prototype.  There wasn't the first healthy thing sold in that little canteen area.

mlslstephens

« Reply #9 on: Mar 08, 2008, 07:33 »

0500 should be your check in time.  Just kidding, I don't know what time muster is.

Okay, I've got some current information for you.  First, the phone number to the TC's office 863-5577.  This is a great number to call because the person that answers the phone won't think your stupid for calling...well, they will but it will be several weeks before you see them and by then they will have forgotten all about you.

Second, as for the uniform, we aren't wearing cami's yet.  Just as dd mentioned, checking in wearing the dress uniform is never out of style and always your best choice.  Better to be overdressed than under.  The first day is all briefs.  You won't be going down in the plant until you get your TLD.

Make sure you are well within grooming standards and that your uniform doesn't have summer creases...summer' here and summer' there.   ;)

I think your muster time is 0730 but call the TC's office and find out for sure. 

Good luck on the 626...DW.

DSO

« Reply #10 on: Mar 08, 2008, 07:44 »

Kthx.

MM3
I called Master Chief and he said to wear high-top Keds Tennis shoes with suspender shorts, a spinner cap and make sure to be licking a huge lollipop!

taterhead

« Reply #11 on: Mar 08, 2008, 10:36 »
I called Master Chief and he said to wear high-top Keds Tennis shoes with suspender shorts, a spinner cap and make sure to be licking a huge lollipop!

...and don't forget the knee high 3-stripe tube socks.

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #12 on: Mar 09, 2008, 08:10 »
...and don't forget the knee high 3-stripe tube socks.

Oh no....I've got a whole drawer full of them.  Does that mean I'm not cool ??? ;D
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

taterhead

« Reply #13 on: Mar 09, 2008, 12:30 »
Oh no....I've got a whole drawer full of them.  Does that mean I'm not cool ??? ;D

On the contrary...extra cool 8)

floyd_n

« Reply #14 on: Mar 10, 2008, 10:16 »
Second, as for the uniform, we aren't wearing cami's yet.  Just as dd mentioned, checking in wearing the dress uniform is never out of style and always your best choice.  Better to be overdressed than under. 

Uniform change to summer white occurs on the 24th, make sure to show up in dress whites.

mlslstephens

« Reply #15 on: Mar 10, 2008, 11:52 »
Uniform change to summer white occurs on the 24th, make sure to show up in dress whites.

Great advice, thanks for the heads up.  Karma to ya for staying on topic.  ;) (Where's a moderator when you need one?) [Inside joke for the Mods out there]

Just got off the phone with the Master Chief.  He said no on the striped socks but yes to Dress Whites.

The time to show up is 0700.  Don't be late.  22 years ago, my CC told me to  be on time is to be late and to be early is to be on time.  That has served me well.  Good luck.

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #16 on: Mar 10, 2008, 11:56 »
  ;) (Where's a moderator when you need one?) [Inside joke for the Mods out there]

We're just sitting back watching a thread progress back on topic.  ;) 

Great advice here as always and Karma to all for the help. 
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?