Career Path > EEI Tests

Just took the POSS/MASS/BMST, a reflection

(1/74) > >>

Reflection:
woo-hoo!  I'm applying for an Apprentice Nuclear Plant Equipment Operator (ANPEO) position at SONGS and I just found out I passed the MASS/POSS!  Now I have two weeks until I have to take their "Knowledge Test" which is basically focused on Math, Physics, Fluids Dynamics, and Thermodynamics.  I've been studying for the past few weeks and it's been a good refresher of the classes I took in college (BS Mechanical Engr).  I'm so glad I'm actually using the stuff I learned in school, unlike my previous job where I was wasting it and getting dumber by the day.

Well if you can't tell I'm pretty stoked.. I'm going to totally OWN that test. ;D Then after I pass that test then finally I will be eligible for an interview.. then I heard training starts in October.  

retired nuke:

--- Quote from: Arkane on Aug 13, 2007, 06:32 ---woo-hoo!  I'm applying for an Apprentice Nuclear Plant Equipment Operator (ANPEO) position at SONGS and I just found out I passed the MASS/POSS!  Now I have two weeks until I have to take their "Knowledge Test" which is basically focused on Math, Physics, Fluids Dynamics, and Thermodynamics.  I've been studying for the past few weeks and it's been a good refresher of the classes I took in college (BS Mechanical Engr).  I'm so glad I'm actually using the stuff I learned in school, unlike my previous job where I was wasting it and getting dumber by the day.

Well if you can't tell I'm pretty stoked.. I'm going to totally OWN that test. ;D Then after I pass that test then finally I will be eligible for an interview.. then I heard training starts in October. 

--- End quote ---

Congrats - I hope things go well, and you become one of those Ops people we all ask questions of later on. Keep us posted.
 ;D

Brett LaVigne:
Congratulations! Keep us posted.

B.PRESGROVE:
Hey I am waiting to hear when I am suppose to take the test can you give any pointers  ???.  Ive been doing those practice tests and doing alot studying on concepts, but is there anything else I can do to prepare for it?  Trying for an ops position at our local nuke plant.  ;D

Bleyse:
The practice tests given at the EEI website won't really prepare you for the real test.  They are just a small sample.

Most people around here advise using an ASVAB test prep book.  Try to find one that has at least three practice tests in it.

Good luck!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version