Career Path > EEI Tests

Just took the POSS/MASS/BMST, a reflection

<< < (74/74)

TVA:

--- Quote from: remaining on Aug 12, 2019, 11:20 ---Just took the exam recently. The test I took was the POSS C. I received a score of "recommend". For MY exam a wrong or guess answer is NOT held against you, it states this in the exam instructions.

EXAM:

The hardest part about the exam is the time constraint. The questions are not very difficult, provided you dedicated time for studying.

The figural reasoning (abstract reasoning if you're googling for study material) was the toughest section by far. I answered question number 9 or 12 (can't remember which one) before I saw that I only had about 30 seconds left on the exam. So I blindly chose an answer for the remaining unanswered questions. I believe the ones I actually answered were correct. So I got 9 or 12 out of 20 correct. (but who knows!)

I answered all questions on the reading and comprehension section. I had about 3 minutes left to spare. I believe I answered all 36 out of 36 questions correctly.

I answered all questions on the mechanical section, but just barely, as I answered my last question I had less than 10 seconds to answer. Of the 44 questions I believe I answered 39 correct.

I answered all question on the Math section, same story as the mechanical section where I barely had enough time to answer all questions. Of the 46 questions, I believe I answered all 46 correct.

The questions on the exam are not difficult if you STUDY. The hardest part is keeping track of the time. The figural reasoning is the hardest as its a different logical thought process than most of us are used to. There is also lots of different things going on, so it is hard to focus on deducing one rule at a time. My suggestion is to study this section the most. The eei practice test gives you a good IDEA of the kinds of problems that will be on there. The exam itself is a degree harder. To prepare I googled and took every exam that came up in a google search. This is key to make you quicker too. I always reviewed EVERY question while studying, weather it was a right or wrong answer. This just reinforces your knowledge. Another tip for finding exams is to google things like "mechanical aptitude test" "abstract reasoning test" "Fast math test" "Basic math test" "math job test exam" "reading and comprehension exam" "Diagrammatic reasoning test" "Figural reasoning test". I googled this and much more and took every test I could find.

I knew when I left the exam that if I failed it was because of the figural reasoning portion. All other sections I felt confident in my responses and was able to answer each question. This exam was difficult due to the time factor. While taking it I had tunnel vision and answers were just coming out of me and before I knew it it was over. I was hyper focused on the task at hand.

That was my experience and reflection. If you have questions feel free to ask me but I won't disclose much more than what I already have.

--- End quote ---

Imagine me being right again

hamsamich:
Too bad you are wrong almost as much as you are right.  Definitely don't need an imagination for that.

fiveeleven:
This is the Central Scrutinizer. Joe has worked himself into an imaginary frenzy during the fade out of his imaginary song. He begins to feel depressed now. He knows the end is near. He has realized at last that imaginary guitar notes and imaginary vocals exist only in the mind of the imaginer. And ultimately who gives a puck anyway. So he goes back to his ugly little control room and quietly dreams his last imaginary guitar solo... or perhaps his last imaginary act of greatness....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version