Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu UTILITY/PLANT Moving Benefit

Author Topic: UTILITY/PLANT Moving Benefit  (Read 3596 times)

number41

UTILITY/PLANT Moving Benefit
« on: Mar 09, 2008, 08:31 »
I just accepted a position at Progress Energy/Brunswick plant to start in a few weeks.  I am closing on my house here ASAP, and will be travelling there to house hunt soon.  Has anyone used Progress/Brunswick's relocation program lately?  How long does it usually take to set-up a move through their agent?  What about moving vehicles and using their home finding service?  Any specifics you guys can give would be very helpful.  Thanks.

Offline Neutron234

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: UTILITY/PLANT Moving Benefit
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2008, 12:57 »
Hi, I worked at Brunswick for 7 years, but I don't know have any recent info on how long it takes to set up, etc. In my case, I did the move in 2 weeks (from NY). The househunting trip was 3 days and I found a place pretty quickly (to rent). However, I would like to refer you to a Brad Hein of C21 Coastal Lifestyles in Myrle Beach, SC (www.bradhein.com) . I believe he is licensed in NC and SC and can most likely refer you to somebody that can help you find something in NC. I will send an email to some of the guys I used to work with to see what info I can find out and get back with you. Also, regarding some househunting resources The State Port Pilot and Brunswick Beacon are Brunswick County newpapers, and the Star News is the Wilmington newspaper (http://www.starnewsonline.com/). These are good papers to search the classifieds for homes, etc. Hopefully, this can get you started in the right direction, good luck with your move!
Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.  - Mark Twain

Rad Sponge

« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2008, 02:44 »
Just a general piece of advice in regards to accepting a relo package.

1. Once you take money or value added service from the company, that money is now part of your taxable income (moving company, misc. expenses, closing costs, etc.)

2. Understand that once you exercise a relocation plan, you most likely will be obligated to that company for X number of months before having to pay it pack if you leave the company.

3. Read everything thoroughly and understand the fine print.

4. Possibly hold off on executing the relocation package until you see how you like the area, job.

;D

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #3 on: Mar 11, 2008, 09:46 »
Congratulations and good luck!

Justin

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?