Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Options with uncertain discharge date honeypot

Author Topic: Options with uncertain discharge date  (Read 3362 times)

jlcnuke

Options with uncertain discharge date
« on: Mar 24, 2008, 05:18 »
Background on me:
12yr nuke MM(SS).  MLPO, AQAO, SPU, 6yrs on Sub.
Current:
Being med boarded out for condition that disqualifies me from sea duty but rarely interferes with my ability to work.

The problem I have at the moment is not having a timeline.  I'm being told anywhere from 4-6 months for the med board process to be completed.  Once the med board is over the doctor said I'll have somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 weeks until discharge, but I won't have a discharge date until the med board is complete.  From what I've read/heard/been told, no companies are even going to consider interviews or my resume until I have a set discharge date. 

This brings the questions: Are there plants classing up in the fall for operators?  How difficult is it to get into outage work quickly if unable to start a full time job relatively quickly?  Is there other work in the field that I haven't considered?

With the current housing market I don't realistically expect that my house will sell quickly and will need to supplement my savings to cover costs until the house is sold so finding an income quickly will be a major factor in my job hunt initially.  Waiting 4-6 months to class up in January is not really an option without some temporary work that will cover my expenses where I'm working and pay the mortgage until I can sell the house.  Any advice would be appreciated

Fermi2

Re: Options with uncertain discharge date
« Reply #1 on: Mar 24, 2008, 06:18 »
http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,13864.msg76827/topicseen.html#new

This might help you some with the Med Board Process. I'm an expert on Med Boards!!

Mike

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?