Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Help with a discussion question

Author Topic: Help with a discussion question  (Read 5514 times)

graftex

Help with a discussion question
« on: Mar 26, 2008, 03:47 »
Hi,

I am working on my portfolio for TESC and came across a topic on it that I am not incredibly familiar with anymore.  I have been away from this for some time, and trying to learn again. The question refers to developing a design idea for a nuclear instrumentation system that is capable of covering a dynamic range in neutron flux of 13 decades. That is all that the objective gives me. I could used some ideas.

Thanks.

Offline spentfuel

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Help with a discussion question
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2008, 12:32 »
 A group or series of ten is one definition of a decade

graftex

Re: Help with a discussion question
« Reply #2 on: Mar 26, 2008, 04:51 »
That makes sense, and I remember that much. I guess I just don't know where to start with the power levels and types of instrumentation and whatnot. I assume there has to be some overlapping detection for the ranges, but beyond that... I'm not sure if it will be similar to what we had on the sub or not. Besides, I don't remember that either. I was a mechanic. Heh.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?