Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Hiring

Author Topic: Hiring  (Read 10459 times)

Fermi2

Hiring
« on: Mar 26, 2008, 10:04 »
Is Catawba hiring?

McBride

Re: Hiring
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2008, 11:06 »
I went up and interviewed with them for a Learner Operator position in January and they were planning on starting a class in June.  The last I heard they were still in the interviewing process for Catawba and McGuire.

Offline Len61

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #2 on: Mar 26, 2008, 11:09 »
BZ
Thinking of jumping Ship?

McBride

« Reply #3 on: Mar 27, 2008, 02:55 »
I interviewed before Farley extended an offer. 

Fermi2

« Reply #4 on: Mar 27, 2008, 06:48 »
BZ
Thinking of jumping Ship?

I'm in the initial stages of considering it.

B.PRESGROVE

« Reply #5 on: Mar 27, 2008, 09:37 »
I just checked thier website and didnt see anything listed at either station.  Maybe I didnt look at the right spot, but I thought is was duke energy? right?

Fermi2

« Reply #6 on: Mar 27, 2008, 09:47 »
Yepper!

Offline RP Instructor

• Moderate User
  • Those who "can", "do", and go on to teach others.
« Reply #7 on: Mar 28, 2008, 01:36 »
I saw the link myself on the Duke Energy website no more than two (2) weeks ago. It has since been removed. Why? I do not know.
I do know that there is a class of students at Spartanburg Community College (SC), in their Radiation Protection degree program (that Duke Energy sponsored), that are due to graduate, thus Duke Energy may have "pulled" the posting since they've been able to fill all the open positions. That's just a guess.
I'd check again soon. Perhaps there was a misprint in the original posting and HR had to have it removed.

number41

« Reply #8 on: Mar 30, 2008, 01:43 »
Yep, so is McGuire (their OM called me on Thursday about a job).  PM sent.

Offline Neutron234

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 07:25 »
Catawba is still looking for operators to fill a class starting the 2nd week of June. Right now, I am one of five in the new class thus far, and the plan is to have 10. As for how many of those have been filled, I am not sure, but I think there are at least 2 slots available. Also, McGuire and Catawba operators go through BOT together at the McGuire plant, so they may still be looking for operators also.
Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.  - Mark Twain

JavaJoe

« Reply #10 on: Jun 03, 2009, 08:56 »
All three of the Duke facilities are hiring 2 experienced RPs.  They did interviews back in early May.  After the 2 week period the link on their page was removed.  They are to announce the new hires within a week or so

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?