Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Fluorescent tube Starters and Compact fluorescent economical lights radiation

Author Topic: Fluorescent tube Starters and Compact fluorescent economical lights radiation  (Read 5421 times)

mirtias

Hi all,
I recently bought the Gamma Scout geiger meter. Placing it on top of a fluorescent tube starter or on the bottom of a CFL bulb exactly when the light is switched on for about 1 sec I get extreme doses of Radiation more than 400μSv/h.Is this possible or has it anything to do with a malfunction of the meter?

Thanks very much.

mirtias

Thanks a  lot for the reply, usually the meter "reseted" in the event of a massive EMP. If I leave it next to the mobile phone it makes a noise and then resets. However in the other case it simply reads a large number and gradually lowers. So that seemed odd. Plus I know they put a very small amount of radioactive material in those starters. Thanks again for the reply. I guess I won't be doing this anymore!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?