Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Post Turtle  

Author Topic: Post Turtle  (Read 2089 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Post Turtle
« on: Apr 09, 2008, 09:54 »
While suturing  a cut on the hand of a 75 year old Texas rancher, whose hand was caught in a gate while working cattle, the doctor struck up a conversation with the old man.

Eventually the topic got around to Barack Obama and his bid to be President.

The old rancher said,"Well, ya know, Obama is a 'Post Turtle'."

Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him what a 'Post Turtle' was.

The old rancher said,"When you're driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a 'Post Turtle'."

The old man saw a puzzled look on the doctor's face, so he continued to explain.

"You know he didn't get up there by himself. He doesn't belong up there. He doesn't know what to do while he is up there. And you just want to help the dumb thing get down."

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
Re: Post Turtle
« Reply #1 on: Apr 10, 2008, 09:15 »
Very good post.

Ever see the movie "The Candidate" starring Robert Redford as a presidential candidate who makes a good 'face' for the real people running the campaign? He has no clue, just does what he is told and puts on such a good show that he gets elected. At the celebration party, everyone is having a great time patting each other on the back and Redford turns to his campaign manager and delivers the movie's last line:

"What do we do now?"

I think of that movie every time I see Obama.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Jr8black3

Re: Post Turtle
« Reply #2 on: Apr 10, 2008, 05:22 »
Karma to both RD & Marlin..

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?