Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Enlisted Nuclear Pipeline

Author Topic: Enlisted Nuclear Pipeline  (Read 5853 times)

BLD1986

Enlisted Nuclear Pipeline
« on: Jun 11, 2008, 11:07 »
Just got accepted into nuke, and I'm trying to find information on NROTC program. My ASVAB test score was a 99, ACT: 35, SAT(2004 version) 1550. I was leaning towards University of Wisconsin-Madison, but I suppose that's not essential to my question. My question is that when can I apply for NROTC? And when would I have the chance to go to school? Getting my degree has been my dream, but after my father died so did my short lived college career. I just need all the information on this I can get. Anything will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
-Brandon

brandon_demoss@hotmail.com

JsonD13

Re: Enlisted Nuclear Pipeline
« Reply #1 on: Jun 11, 2008, 11:40 »
First off, you probably wanted to post this in the "Navy:  Getting in" Forum.  Congrats on getting accepted into nuke.

That said, you may apply for NROTC depending on your eligibility for that and the many officer programs there are.  Google OPNAVINST 1420.1 and you will find more than enough information.

Just FYI, enlisted nuclear is NOT a guarantee to getting a degree.  You must be determined to either, 1) be lucky and get accepted into an officer program, or 2) work your butt off for the next 6 years and do your schooling on your own time, of which you will hardly have any (It's been done, I'm proof).

It's not impossbile, just don't think you will be for sure going to school full-time and thats it.

Jason

Offline Smooth Operator

• Moderate User
Re: Enlisted Nuclear Pipeline
« Reply #2 on: Jun 11, 2008, 12:05 »
With your grades and test scores, why did you bother enlisting?

Why don't you just apply for an NROTC scholarship?

Enlisting in the Navy just to become an officer is one of the worst reasons to enlist. There is no guarantee you will get selected and you may find yourself doing a job you don't like year after year waiting for a spot.

Food for thought.

Jason

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?