Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Bob Cowan honeypot

Author Topic: Bob Cowan  (Read 9082 times)

inthelight

Bob Cowan
« on: Apr 15, 2008, 05:10 »
I am sad to have to post that my Dad, Bob Cowan, long-time rent-a-tech, and retired Palo Verde House Tech, died at home this morning after a long illness.  The family thanks everyone who was in touch with Dad, and who prayed for him over the last few years. 

Linda Hall (Davidson)

Atomic_Punk

Re: Bob Cowan
« Reply #1 on: Apr 15, 2008, 05:52 »
I'm so sorry to hear this.  During my long stay at PV, I got to work with Beta Bob a lot.
He was a great guy and never failed to entertain, from all the "OOOOP"s and "OHHH, SH!+!"s, to the "What the hell does that have to do with friskin' a wrench?!?!", (Bobbyisms) there was never a dull moment.  I hope you're in a better place old friend, and thanks for the good times.

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #2 on: Apr 15, 2008, 06:27 »
I can not tell you how many times I used Bobby's euphemisms.
The wrench statement was a major riot when I would tell that story.
This man was a keeper, and now he is a gatekeeper.
I love ya Bobby. Keep it real in the afterworld...... :'(

lilac9857

« Reply #3 on: Apr 16, 2008, 12:13 »
My Dad, HP BOB, will be missed by so many and he missed so many since his retirement from Palo Verde.  He has gone to join his daughter and fellow nuker, Kelly Cowan in a sweeter place.  I love them and miss them.  His Daughter and Her Sister - Always, Jody Cowan Guy

Offline Imaginos

• Moderate User
« Reply #4 on: Apr 18, 2008, 01:34 »
Darn good guy, that Bob. I don't believe I ever saw him without a smile on his face. I often quote his words of wisdom to this day.  :)

I humbly offer my condolences to his loved ones.
"I'm not quiet; I just don't demand to be heard." ---George Harrison

Offline azpiper11

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #5 on: Apr 19, 2008, 08:14 »
I played the pipes for Kelly and and can play them for Bobby if you want. Drop me a line at piper@endyne.net.

Offline Radstalker

• Light User
« Reply #6 on: Apr 19, 2008, 08:25 »
Bob Cowan is and was a good friend of mine. Everyone talks about Bob's sayings and it's true many of us use them to this very day. I enjoyed my time with Bob at PVNGS, those many years ago.......  Rest In Peace, Bob.  I Love Ya, Man.

Keep an eye out for me...Hope to see you in the future......

Offline Pete McAllister

• Light User
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 09:56 »
I was lucky enough to spend my First day Nuclear at Brunswick in 1979 with Bob and we were room mates for two weeks, I left and they managed to burn down the apartments. It was quite a wild thing. I always thought he was one of the best people I have got the chance to know. I know my life was better because i had that chance. I have been able to see him here and there, but always think about him and his Kids. I will forever be in their debt for that. Thanks and i will see you on the other side with PRIDE BOB

Offline DFR

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2008, 05:13 »
Bob and I worked together in Unit 3 PV many years ago. His smile, white t-shirt, and all his sayings made you look forward to going to work. Great person!!!

Rest in Peace Beta Bob...

David Romaine.
David Romaine
President/CEO
Radiological Assessment Services, Inc

Offline sammey1216

• Very Lite User
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 11:04 »
I wish that I could have known that Bob had died.  My husband, Glenn, and Bob's son Scott were best friends.  My husband passed in August of 2007.  Linda, Jody, Scott, and the Cowan family have my deepest sympathy and all my love at this hard time.  Glenn and Kelly were there to welcome Bob home.  They are all together waiting for the rest of us to join them.  I love you Cowan family. 

Stacy McCoy

howlie

« Reply #10 on: Sep 06, 2008, 11:05 »
Phrog and Bob were co-workers of mine when I worked at Palo in the late 80's and early 90's.
Both were outstanding guys that always looked for the fun in what they were doing and really cared about their friends and family. I really enjoyed our time together. Hopefully, we'll meet again up there. OBTW (please forgive me, I'm gonna preach a little) if you haven't had a medical checkup lately PLEASE make a point of seeing your family doctor and discuss any issues you might be having. Thank you and best wishes to all.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?