Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Not entering the Commercial world  

Author Topic: Not entering the Commercial world  (Read 12217 times)

B.PRESGROVE

Not entering the Commercial world
« on: Apr 21, 2008, 05:42 »
 :'( It is with great sadness and somewhat loathing of spirit that I am announcing my withdrawal from the nuke power community.  After trying to get in for almost a year now and not having any luck, fate (or as I believe, God, the christian One only) has brought me to the Radiopharmaceutical world.  With the promise of great hours, I really mean great hours, and the opportunity to finish my degree to further my options I must bid farewell.  Yall have been a great group of folks to talk too and gather all kinds of information and even leads.  Thanks again and live long and prosper.

Brian

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
Re: Not entering the Commercial world
« Reply #1 on: Apr 21, 2008, 06:16 »
You don't have to go.  We don't all work in commercial nukes.  There are a few Radiopharm folks and DOE types here.  I only work nukes half of the time, myself.  I'd do fewer except that I would miss all those wonderful people.  Anyway, stick around.  We could always use the perspective of someone who actually works great hours.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

wolfxoman

« Reply #2 on: Apr 21, 2008, 06:17 »
Good luck to you and Congrats on your new job.  Hope everything works out for you. :)

mlslstephens

« Reply #3 on: Apr 21, 2008, 08:13 »
:'( It is with great sadness and somewhat loathing of spirit that I am announcing my withdrawal from the nuke power community.  After trying to get in for almost a year now and not having any luck, fate (or as I believe, God, the christian One only) has brought me to the Radiopharmaceutical world.  With the promise of great hours, I really mean great hours, and the opportunity to finish my degree to further my options I must bid farewell.  Yall have been a great group of folks to talk too and gather all kinds of information and even leads.  Thanks again and live long and prosper.

Brian
I agree with Troy.  Don't forget about the forum just because you've chosen a different path; or should I say, another path was chosen for you.  I'm sure we would all continue to benefit from your views on life and working.  Either way, whether you choose to stay or go, I wish you all the best in every future endeavor.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #4 on: Apr 21, 2008, 09:19 »
You don't have to go.  We don't all work in commercial nukes.  There are a few Radiopharm folks and DOE types here.  I only work nukes half of the time, myself.  I'd do fewer except that I would miss all those wonderful people.  Anyway, stick around.  We could always use the perspective of someone who actually works great hours.

I too agree with Troy, I work RadioPharm on occasion.  I specialize in D&D work, shutting nuke sites down, and RadioPharm sites are nuke sites, with nuke workers, just like DOE sites, and any other site which has an instrument that counts Alpha's, Beta's (even low energy ones), Gamma's and Neutrons.

Please do not leave our Nuclear Community.  This is not a site dedicated to Navy Nukes entering the Commercial Power world as an operator, it just looks that way. ;)  (I built it, and they came... some sort of field of dream's thing...)  We value every nuclear workers views, and would be insulted if you left.  There are people here that need YOUR insite and guidance.

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #5 on: Apr 22, 2008, 08:20 »
Certainly stick around!  After 29 years of power plants, mostly outages and several years of D&D I know work for the laundry company.  Great place to work and very happy I made the change. 
Laundry Man

stownsend

« Reply #6 on: Apr 22, 2008, 08:38 »
Good luck Brian and laundry man on your new jobs. Laundry man couldn't you take your karma with you when you changed your moniker?

B.PRESGROVE

« Reply #7 on: Apr 22, 2008, 03:38 »
Yes I will stick around the forums, I guess I was under the impression that this was mainly for the navy nukes and commercial folks and DOE, but I see there is room even for others here.  What a community to accept nukes of all types  :'( sniff sniff. 

Offline elwood

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #8 on: Apr 22, 2008, 10:21 »
Glad to hear you are staying around  :)  Good luck with the new job.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #9 on: Apr 23, 2008, 09:29 »
Heck they accept me and my nonsense even though I'm a professional aviator.

Hmmm.... I always thought you were a professional something... but Aviator?

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #10 on: Apr 23, 2008, 09:52 »
Yes I will stick around the forums, I guess I was under the impression that this was mainly for the navy nukes and commercial folks and DOE, but I see there is room even for others here.  What a community to accept nukes of all types  :'( sniff sniff. 

There have been questions on the medical/pharmaceutical side of the business on this board in the past, you can become one of the sources of information in that category in the future.

B.PRESGROVE

« Reply #11 on: Apr 23, 2008, 12:57 »
Excellent, I will be more than happy to be the pivot, uuhh I mean point man for that.  Thanks fellas.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #12 on: Apr 25, 2008, 07:20 »
yep, stik round.  yinz'll be da man when peeps start tawking internal dose...................
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?