News and Discussions > Nuke Community

Not entering the Commercial world

(1/3) > >>

B.PRESGROVE:
 :'( It is with great sadness and somewhat loathing of spirit that I am announcing my withdrawal from the nuke power community.  After trying to get in for almost a year now and not having any luck, fate (or as I believe, God, the christian One only) has brought me to the Radiopharmaceutical world.  With the promise of great hours, I really mean great hours, and the opportunity to finish my degree to further my options I must bid farewell.  Yall have been a great group of folks to talk too and gather all kinds of information and even leads.  Thanks again and live long and prosper.

Brian

Already Gone:
You don't have to go.  We don't all work in commercial nukes.  There are a few Radiopharm folks and DOE types here.  I only work nukes half of the time, myself.  I'd do fewer except that I would miss all those wonderful people.  Anyway, stick around.  We could always use the perspective of someone who actually works great hours.

wolfxoman:
Good luck to you and Congrats on your new job.  Hope everything works out for you. :)

mlslstephens:

--- Quote from: B.PRESGROVE on Apr 21, 2008, 05:42 --- :'( It is with great sadness and somewhat loathing of spirit that I am announcing my withdrawal from the nuke power community.  After trying to get in for almost a year now and not having any luck, fate (or as I believe, God, the christian One only) has brought me to the Radiopharmaceutical world.  With the promise of great hours, I really mean great hours, and the opportunity to finish my degree to further my options I must bid farewell.  Yall have been a great group of folks to talk too and gather all kinds of information and even leads.  Thanks again and live long and prosper.

Brian

--- End quote ---
I agree with Troy.  Don't forget about the forum just because you've chosen a different path; or should I say, another path was chosen for you.  I'm sure we would all continue to benefit from your views on life and working.  Either way, whether you choose to stay or go, I wish you all the best in every future endeavor.

Rennhack:

--- Quote from: BeerCourt on Apr 21, 2008, 06:16 ---You don't have to go.  We don't all work in commercial nukes.  There are a few Radiopharm folks and DOE types here.  I only work nukes half of the time, myself.  I'd do fewer except that I would miss all those wonderful people.  Anyway, stick around.  We could always use the perspective of someone who actually works great hours.

--- End quote ---

I too agree with Troy, I work RadioPharm on occasion.  I specialize in D&D work, shutting nuke sites down, and RadioPharm sites are nuke sites, with nuke workers, just like DOE sites, and any other site which has an instrument that counts Alpha's, Beta's (even low energy ones), Gamma's and Neutrons.

Please do not leave our Nuclear Community.  This is not a site dedicated to Navy Nukes entering the Commercial Power world as an operator, it just looks that way. ;)  (I built it, and they came... some sort of field of dream's thing...)  We value every nuclear workers views, and would be insulted if you left.  There are people here that need YOUR insite and guidance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version