Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Azerbaijan honeypot

Author Topic: Azerbaijan  (Read 11664 times)

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
Azerbaijan
« on: Apr 21, 2008, 09:53 »
Heard a rumor that they are going to be doing a D&D on one of their reactors...anyone know anything about it?

Thanks.
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: Azerbaijan
« Reply #1 on: Apr 22, 2008, 02:55 »
http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&safe=off&rls=GGLF%2CGGLF%3A2005-26%2CGGLF%3Aen&q=Azerbaijan+nuclear+reactor

D&D? I havent heard that, I did hear they were gonna BUILD their first reactor...  but what do I know... If I can't see it from my porch... hehe

Google tells me in mid 2007, UN International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and Azerbaijan Government gave official agreement for the construction of the first research nuclear reactor in the territory of Azerbaijan. The work here will commence in 2009 and will complete in 2013. According to Garibov, the research nuclear reactor will be built in the territory of Pirakushkul settlement of Absheron district, located 20km of Baku. At present, a map of the area is under development. The approximate capacity of the reactor will comprise 25-30 MW, and cost of the project is estimated at $25-30mln.
« Last Edit: Apr 22, 2008, 02:56 by Rennhack »

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #2 on: Apr 22, 2008, 04:05 »
http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&safe=off&rls=GGLF%2CGGLF%3A2005-26%2CGGLF%3Aen&q=Azerbaijan+nuclear+reactor

D&D? I havent heard that, I did hear they were gonna BUILD their first reactor...  but what do I know... If I can't see it from my porch... hehe

Google tells me in mid 2007, UN International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and Azerbaijan Government gave official agreement for the construction of the first research nuclear reactor in the territory of Azerbaijan. The work here will commence in 2009 and will complete in 2013. According to Garibov, the research nuclear reactor will be built in the territory of Pirakushkul settlement of Absheron district, located 20km of Baku. At present, a map of the area is under development. The approximate capacity of the reactor will comprise 25-30 MW, and cost of the project is estimated at $25-30mln.

Okay, that makes sense...the guy that I got the rumor from used to do construction in Iraq & Afghanistan, so they were probably trying to contact him for that...we just assumed it was for RP stuff...

Thanks!
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #3 on: Apr 22, 2008, 08:11 »
Heard a rumor that they are going to be doing a D&D on one of their reactors...anyone know anything about it?

Thanks.

Maybe D&D of the Armenian plant at Metsamor?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?