Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu James V Brown honeypot

Author Topic: James V Brown  (Read 27084 times)

hezabear

Re: James V Brown
« Reply #25 on: Apr 30, 2008, 02:26 »
To all of your Nuclear friends and Family I want to say thanks for all of the calls and emails about Jim. His arrangement's are as followed. The viewing will be at the Evan's Mortuary in Rockwood Tn. on Saturday May 3rd@ 06:00pm.  Services at 8:00 pm at Mortuary.Grave side service at3:00pm on Sunday May 4th. Not sure what cemetery will post later. Always Brad Brown

Evan's Mortuary
505 North Gateway Ave
Rockwood Tn 37854
865-354-2600
« Last Edit: Apr 30, 2008, 03:44 by Heza Bear »

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2008, 09:06 »
James Virgil ‘Jim’ Brown
James Virgil “Jim” Brown, 56, of Rockwood, Tenn., died Monday, April 28, 2008, at Vanderbilt Medical Center in Nashville, Tenn.

Funeral services were held on Saturday, May 3, at the Chapel of Evans Mortuary. Graveside services and interment were on Sunday, May 4; at Elverton Cemetery in Harriman, TN. Chaplain Bruce Foster officiated. Services included Military Honors and a Fire Department Procession with honor guard and last alarm ceremony. 

He was born Aug. 26, 1951 in Jasper, AL. He was a United States Marine Corp Veteran of the Vietnam Conflict serving as a Lance Corporal. He was a retired Health Physics Technician with Bartlett Nuclear. He was a firefighter and first responder with West Roane County Volunteer Fire Department and a member of Roane County Rescue Squad.

He was preceded in death by his parents, Jack Brown of Snelling, SC and Minnie Brown of Jasper, AL.

He is survived by his wife, Sarah Brown of Rockwood, TN.; son, Kevin L. Brown, Rockwood, TN; daughters, April Garrigan of Birmingham AL, and Tiffany C. Hagerman of Thorton, CO.; stepsons, Michael Steinmetz of Harriman, TN., and Chris Forrester of Rockwood, TN.; sisters, Camella Black of Snelling, SC and Charlotte Horner and her husband, Roger of Nauvoo.AL; brother, Brad Brown of Blackville, SC.

At the family’s requests memorial contributions may be made to Roane County Rescue Squad, P.O. Box 474, Kingston, Tenn., 37763; or to the West Roane County Volunteer Fire Department, P.O. Box 417, Rockwood, Tenn., 37854.

An online register is available at www.evansmortuary.net.

Offline Pete McAllister

• Light User
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2008, 10:12 »
Wow have not been on here in a long time. I knew Jim for a long time and had some great times with him and Brad back a long time ago. Jim was a stand up guy. We had a brother HP die in 87 and Jim let me drive his truck 4000 miles, to tow their 5th wheel back to NJ. And he never thought twice about it. I had drive it into one of the worst snow storms, and Jim was not even worried. He and others there did so much for that family that it effected all of us. He would have done anything for anyone in need. Thanks for the memories Jim. God must have needed a good Door Gunner, will miss you, but know when the time comes you will gladly greet us all at the Gates of Heaven.

ljeanniepc

« Reply #28 on: Jun 16, 2008, 02:30 »
Brad, Camilla, Henry,

So sorry to hear of your loss. You are in my thoughts & prayers.  Jeannie C.

Offline johnnieslingshot

• Moderate User
  • Let's go bowl-diving
« Reply #29 on: Jun 16, 2008, 03:58 »
Brad,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  Sorry for your loss.

John Connor

ageoldtech

« Reply #30 on: Jun 17, 2008, 03:46 »
Henry, Camilla and Brad I want to send my sincere condolences, the loss of a loved one is always hard to handle.
Hambone

Kime_B

« Reply #31 on: Jun 18, 2008, 09:21 »
Brad,

:( So sorry - you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.  Not much of the old gang left here.  Please know that Betsy and I send you our very best.  Miss you; take care!

8) Kime B  8)

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #32 on: Jun 18, 2008, 11:01 »
Thank you to all of our friends who continue to support us in the loss of our brother; just knowing that he is remembered well brings me peace. Jim, Brad, Henry and I loved life on the road and the friends we made along the way. Those were the days when you lived together or near each other, we were like gyspies traveling from outage to outage with friends and family. Newer techs just don't have any idea of what we old timers shared and sadly they never will.

Jim missed life as a tech, he talked about it often and wanted to return to it so badly, why he did not get to do this he is in good company with those fellow techs who have also passed on.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?