Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Greg Smith

Author Topic: Greg Smith  (Read 8669 times)

Offline Limited Quanity

• Moderate User
  • Don't worry about the mule just load the wagon!
Greg Smith
« on: Apr 25, 2008, 05:36 »
I'm saddened to tell all who knew Greg that he passed away from a heart attack this morning about 4:00 AM.  He was a house tech here at SQNP and was well known through out the TVA system.  He will be sorely missed.  He was always a pleasure to be around and loved by many.  You can call the SQNP RP office at 423-843-7865 for more information and we'll be putting the arrangements on Nuke Worker as they are made available.
I used to be a lifeguard until some blue kid got me fired.

Offline Limited Quanity

• Moderate User
  • Don't worry about the mule just load the wagon!
Re: Greg Smith
« Reply #1 on: Apr 25, 2008, 05:47 »
The family of Greg Smith will be gathered to receive visitation of friends Sunday, April 27th, from 6-9 PM CDT at the Rogers Funeral Home in South Pittsburg, TN.

Funeral services will be conducted from the South Pittsburg Chapel of Rogers Funeral Home on Monday, April 28th, at 1:00 PM CDT.  Interment will be in Sequatchie Valley Memorial Gardens in Jasper, TN.
I used to be a lifeguard until some blue kid got me fired.

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
  • Never Happy Until Happy With Yourself!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 25, 2008, 06:01 »
Greg was a super nice guy, who I have known for a very long time. It truely shocked me to read of his passing, as it was just yesterday, he was at the WBN outage. He will be missed.
I NEVER KNEW LOVE, I JUST KNOW THE SOUND IT MAKES WHEN IT LIES!

Offline tigger

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #3 on: Apr 25, 2008, 08:00 »
I have known Greg for about 8 years, we have worked many outages together, and was always a pleasure to be around. He will be missed.

Offline nukedog

• Moderate User
  • Look at the head on that thing!
« Reply #4 on: Apr 26, 2008, 10:11 »
I heard the news about Greg and I couldn't believe it. I mean he was a young guy. I worked with him several times he had a great sense of humor. He will be missed! I am sorry I didn't get down there and work with him lately.

Offline rumrunner

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #5 on: Apr 27, 2008, 12:22 »
I am shocked to read of his passing.  I knew Greg and enjoyed working with him when he'd come to the Ferry to help us.  He was a fun person and a good HP. 
Dave

Melrose

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 07:08 »
Went to a Braves game with Mark last week and was informed of Greg passing a few weeks earlier.  Really hated hearing the news.  Greg and Alonzo woked the other side of the "wall", but always tended to gravitate their way for the antics.  I'm sure all that knew him have fond memories of working SQ.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 07:09 by Melrose »

ageoldtech

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 10:42 »
I knew Greg very well, always cheerful and fun loving, he would anything to help. My condolences to family and friends.
Hambone

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?