Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Hourly Rate for Operators honeypot

Author Topic: Hourly Rate for Operators  (Read 11650 times)

Offline HomersTwin

• Very Lite User
Hourly Rate for Operators
« on: Apr 30, 2008, 08:53 »
I took the POSS test and had an interview within the last week and I feel that both went well.  I actually spoke with one of the guys in the interview room the next day when I just happened to run into him in town.  We spoke for quite a while and he said that he thought my interview went well.  He spoke several times using language like "You'll train for X amout of months for this position" and "when you make (insert position here) you'll be doing (insert job tasks here)".  I've found several postings that address the topic of pay for NLO/AO but what kind of pay can I expect as I move up through the ranks upto and including RO/SRO?

Thanks

Also, I was also told by the POSS test administrator that the POSS test is graded by how many you get right.  You have to get a certain number right in each sectioin and it is the same number for each section.  I was told that the magic number is different for each company, but does anyone have an educated guess as to what the number may be?
« Last Edit: Apr 30, 2008, 08:55 by HomersTwin »

Rad Sponge

Re: Hourly Rate for Operators
« Reply #1 on: Apr 30, 2008, 09:40 »
Ballpark:

NLO/AO: 25-35+ hr
RO: 40-45+ hr plus license bonus
SRO: Salaried 100K easy plus license bonus

Just a guess, lots of factors, but I think it is in the park.

Offline HomersTwin

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Apr 30, 2008, 09:47 »
Ballpark:

NLO/AO: 25-35+ hr
RO: 40-45+ hr plus license bonus
SRO: Salaried 100K easy plus license bonus

Just a guess, lots of factors, but I think it is in the park.

Thanks.  With the rotating schedule having overtime built in, even the low end of the range is attractive.  I'm guessing this facility pays in the lower end as the cost of living here is much cheaper than most places in the country.  My annual income would not be much more than I'm making in my current job but the bennies are tons better, I haven't factored OT during outages in (which I was told was basically as much as you want), I'll save a boatload on gas only driving half as far to work, and the path to $100K seems quicker and easier than my current job (basically not going to happen where I'm at now).

I was told the success ratio for the POSS exam at the facility I tested at was quite a bit higher than anything I've seen on here so I'm really optimistic.  I might slip into clinical depression if I see a "Not Recommended".
« Last Edit: Apr 30, 2008, 09:49 by HomersTwin »

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 11:44 »
All top rate NLOs at my plant make 100K with the built in OT. I overheard a 20 year RO the other day explain to someone why he hasn't gone for SRO. He said "they have to pay that position more than I make." :)

Justin

wolfxoman

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 12:46 »
What area of the country are you testing for.  You mention that the cost of living in the area is low so you expect the pay to be lower.  That's not always the case you could accually be looking at the higher to top end of the pay scale even if the cost of living is low.  It all depends.

Offline HomersTwin

• Very Lite User
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 10:58 »
What area of the country are you testing for.  You mention that the cost of living in the area is low so you expect the pay to be lower.  That's not always the case you could accually be looking at the higher to top end of the pay scale even if the cost of living is low.  It all depends.

ANO

Arkansas

DunnJH4

« Reply #6 on: Jul 28, 2008, 10:18 »
Hey, just wondering if you found out your POSS results. I just recently took the test with a few other people, and we were given our individual results within an hour of finishing. Then we had more interviews, and within 3 weeks I had the final offer. I feel gooooooooooood! Just hoping you got the offer, and wondering if anybody else took the POSS at Vermont Yankee about 5 weeks ago!?!

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #7 on: Jul 28, 2008, 10:56 »
Hey, just wondering if you found out your POSS results. I just recently took the test with a few other people, and we were given our individual results within an hour of finishing. Then we had more interviews, and within 3 weeks I had the final offer. I feel gooooooooooood! Just hoping you got the offer, and wondering if anybody else took the POSS at Vermont Yankee about 5 weeks ago!?!

Congratulations! Feels great, doesn't it?

Justin

Offline HomersTwin

• Very Lite User
« Reply #8 on: Oct 25, 2008, 01:36 »

I've been on board since Aug 25th now.  Were on our outage schedule but were still near full power.  Next week is when the fun should start.  I'm really liking it so far.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?