Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Taking the NFQT in a week, someone who's taken it, need a little advice :D honeypot

Author Topic: Taking the NFQT in a week, someone who's taken it, need a little advice :D  (Read 7703 times)

abc123

So I am taking the NFQT.  I didn't get any trial test or anything, yet, i haven't met with the nuc recruiter yet besides at MEPS.  my other job only allows about a month for me to get everything done. 

I didn't think i'd qualify for Nuc originally and wanted to get the CTN rate, so having that as my backup has certainly made me happy because nuc would be awesome, and if i dont' get it i already have another awesome choice.

anyway, I haven't been in school for years so i'm just brushing up on my math, physics and chemistry. She told me that is all that is on the exam? 

Maybe someone could check some of these youtube videos to tell me if they are covering the basics of what I should know.  I learn best watching not reading. 

also, any links to info to help me study would be great.

Primarily however, I am interested in these videos, somethign about the guy I like and I find it easy to understand the concepts, and it i sreally helping me brush up fast. 

so let me know the main points to know!

here is the link to the vids i've been reviewing.

_list?user=khanacademy

what do ya'll think!

also, is it wise to be getting into this program if i do pass, i always learned fast and easily, but right now have a very basic knowledge, never extended my math or sciences beyond highschool, and i wasn't in advanced classes there either . .. but did well in physics, science and math.

SN Bass

Well I have not personally gone in yet, I ship November 3rd but to me anyway the test was pretty easy.  This from a guy who is failing advanced math right now and never took physics.  It is a multiple choice test and you are given a calculator so in some areas you can just plug in answers.  Also I have heard in A school they start from the very basics because they believe that you know nothing yet.   Good for me though. :D

Offline 93-383

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
It’s been eight years since I took it so it has probably changed in the “no child left behind” nuclear navy. But I don’t think it was multiple choice. The first two or three questions where extremely hard and designed to discourage you. Advice do the questions you know first and then toil over the hard ones. It was mostly physics, math, and maybe some chem (I don’t remember)

Maziwrath

I was in sort of a unique situation when it came to the NFQT. I had scored a 99 on my ASVAB but due to my having had a GED and not a Diploma I wasn't pre-approved as everyone thought I was and I had to take it anyway the day I was at MEPS for my physical. This was in the middle of April.

That said, from what I remember it was mainly Chemistry and Math. I honestly cannot remember a whole lot on Physics, but there may have been some. If you haven't taken any Chem classes recently in High School or College you may have a tough time with it.

I ended up getting 69 out of 80, but I have taken College Chemistry and Math courses in the past couple years.

Geppe

My boyfriend and I just took it together last week...In high school he aced physics and math. heh I was the one who never took physics and barely passed Algebra II and chem.
The test was multiple choice, had a good bit of physics, vector questions, simple algebra equations, some questions about chem, combining atoms, etc.
If you did as well as you did in your math and sciences, you shouldn't have a problem.
Best or luck!
-Geppe

Cycoticpenguin

You guys are going to have a heart attack when you show up to A school....

good luck future poliwogs. :)

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired

good luck future poliwogs. :)

Have YOU crossed the equator ? oh, that's right...

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
  • "It is good for you, builds character"
Have YOU crossed the equator ? oh, that's right...

By that I am guessing that he has never kneeled before King Neptunis Rex and been accepted in his Royal Domain.  Serve him to the Royal Baby.
"No good deal goes unpunished"

"Explain using obscene hand jestures the concept of pump laws"

I have found the cure for LIBERALISM, it is a good steady dose of REALITY!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?