Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu go nuke for a degree  

Author Topic: go nuke for a degree  (Read 17081 times)

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
Re: go nuke for a degree
« Reply #25 on: Jun 03, 2008, 11:45 »
Tech is an ACC school. 

Ga Tech is SEC. USC is ACC. My worldview hasn't shifted in 35 years!  8)

OK, I was actually stating that while I liked the SEC engineering programs, and considered a couple of them many years ago, my son has decided the best bet for him isn't SEC (anymore) but the Ramblin' Wreck. He should do fine, if he keeps his current high standards.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Nuclear Renaissance

« Last Edit: Jun 04, 2008, 01:41 by Nuclear Renaissance »

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #27 on: Jun 04, 2008, 02:29 »
GA Tech - good choice

I thought so too. I have always encouraged him to pull for his favorite team on the football field, but choose wisely for where you will study.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #28 on: Jun 04, 2008, 06:28 »
Ga Tech is SEC. USC is ACC. My worldview hasn't shifted in 35 years!  8)

You obviously are a genius.  Anyone who recognizes that USC isn't in California is a notch above all others....at least in my book.
Break...

I was ECP back in the day....I almost chose Tech over USC because of the quality of the school....but finances won out  (USC tuition for active military was about $800 a semester.)

« Last Edit: Jun 04, 2008, 06:37 by Gamecock »
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
  • "It is good for you, builds character"
« Reply #29 on: Jun 04, 2008, 06:39 »
Umm University of South Carolina is in the SEC.  I went to the University of Tennessee/South Carolina game last year in Knoxville.  It was a conference game.  Georgia Tech is an ACC team, they play Va Tech, Miami, and all those others.  Now what I really want to see is Oregon State play University of South Carolina in a bowl game just once. 
"No good deal goes unpunished"

"Explain using obscene hand jestures the concept of pump laws"

I have found the cure for LIBERALISM, it is a good steady dose of REALITY!

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #30 on: Jun 04, 2008, 08:13 »
Umm University of South Carolina is in the SEC.  I went to the University of Tennessee/South Carolina game last year in Knoxville.  It was a conference game.  Georgia Tech is an ACC team, they play Va Tech, Miami, and all those others.  Now what I really want to see is Oregon State play University of South Carolina in a bowl game just once. 

You're missing the guys point.....years ago, GT was SEC and USC was ACC....thus his comment about his world view not changing  in 35 years.

The old saying holds true in this case...It is better to be quiet and be thought an...... then to speak up and remove all doubt...

;)

Break

'Cocks would pound Beavers in any bowl game 8)
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
  • "It is good for you, builds character"
« Reply #31 on: Jun 04, 2008, 11:22 »
Well I stand corrected..er enlightened further. 

And USC would only win if they were able to repeatedly drive deep into OSU territory
« Last Edit: Jun 04, 2008, 05:13 by Preciousblue1965 »
"No good deal goes unpunished"

"Explain using obscene hand jestures the concept of pump laws"

I have found the cure for LIBERALISM, it is a good steady dose of REALITY!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?