Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu How would you fix the NNPP honeypot

Author Topic: How would you fix the NNPP  (Read 503380 times)

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: How would you fix the NNPP
« Reply #275 on: Sep 06, 2008, 09:34 »
I have two doctorate degrees that I received simultaneous (at the same time,or in tandem) in Chemical and Environmental Engineering, along with a Masters in Polymer Chemistry, and a BS with Honors in Chemistry, I have worked for 13 years in industry before joining the Navy at Harris Nuclear Plant as the head chemist, Tunnell Research Institute re-designing their reactor, EPA, FDA, Exxon, Bayer, BASF, Philip Morris. So I know what I'm talking about. What's your experience again?

All of those whistlestops, divided into 13 years, average to about 1.5 years apiece. Many of the posters here run 6-10 times that exclusive to the NNPP. Check the attitude at the door.

See I was offering to help you guys out by actually taking to Top Command your specific grievances with the NUPOC program. But apparently you are not interested in having that opportunity. So what you are really saying is that you are unhappy but not enough to do anything about it when asked.  So then that tells me that your grievances are bogus.

Lots of conclusion leaping. If that is the quality of audit work you perform, I'd start typing another resume.

Is your "offering to help you guys out" a subjective, conditional offer based upon how we make you feel at the time? 

Recommend ditching the ad hominem attacks. This could quickly degenerate to a "conduct unbecoming of a commissioned officer" issue.  Don't think that NAVSEA 08 and ChiCom intel agents don't read this board, we've dealt with both over the years, long before 'help arrived'.

/end

mlslstephens

« Reply #276 on: Sep 06, 2008, 09:55 »
I do not believe that I have seen one post on here that has stated that nukes were unhappy because we are overworked and need more time off when that work is meaningful and mission critical.  I could be wrong.  You WILL see posts about how nukes hate being kept around "just in case" and told to work long into the night to "field day" the boat for some darn audit or ADM's inspection.  I have never heard a nuke complain about how long he has to work if they are overhauling a pump because they can't get underway without it.  I have never heard nukes complain about pulling "Port and Re-Port" watch rotations on a duty day as long as they got the next day off, if it was feasible.  I HAVE heard nukes complain about having to stay up all night painting a bulkhead because it wasn't pristine and then told they had to work until 2000 the next day also. 

If there is serious work to be done, then nukes will do the work, do it right, and won't sleep until it is done.  There will be no serious complaints about it(you might get a few comments on how crappy the coffee is).  If it is some mindless BS that is done just for the sake of being done, then yes you are going to hear about it from everyone.  To say that nukes are complaining about working too hard and needing time off is misleading and flat out wrong.  Nukes are complaining about BS work and getting liberty withheld "just in case something happens" .   

Nicely put PB.  I can speak for your hard work ethic as truth...I remember how hard you worked while we served together; again I say thanks.

Now, back to the topic; how to fix the NNPP...I have no earthly clue; however, it was good to me and hopefully I was good to it.  Now, I'm enjoying Navy retirement and the commercial industry.

Life is Good!

cyclicrings

« Reply #277 on: Sep 06, 2008, 10:08 »
Recommend ditching the ad hominem attacks. This could quickly degenerate to a "conduct unbecoming of a commissioned officer" issue.  Don't think that NAVSEA 08 and ChiCom intel agents don't read this board, we've dealt with both over the years, long before 'help arrived'.

I'm not sure what what you are referring to with this statement?

First it's possible to work more than one job at a time, and second I am a well respected auditor within the industry and have been for more than 8 years. So I wouldn't comment on someone's performance unless you have actually seen it in person.

Is your "offering to help you guys out" a subjective, conditional offer based upon how we make you feel at the time?  

No, if you have a legitimate grievance with the NUPOC program I have no problem telling someone in Top Command about it.

So far all I've seen lately is attacks directly against my character to which you know nothing about. Perhaps I was a little aggressive in my defense, however the navy is a man eat woman environment and you attacked me.

So I will forgive your fous pax (?)(not sure if it's fou or fous, I can't remember) if you'll forgive mine since I'm new here and am still learning the ropes a bit.

Offline deltarho

• An EOOW asked during his S/Y steam plant testing pre-watch tour, "Shouldn't those scram breakers be open?" K-thunk, K-thunk. "Uh-oh!"
  • Heavy User
  • I make alpha particle "direct delivery" systems.
« Reply #278 on: Sep 07, 2008, 08:06 »
I have two doctorate degrees that I received simultaneous (at the same time,or in tandem) in Chemical and Environmental Engineering, ...

First time here as of yesterday.

Here I go being nitpicky again, MADAM.  Perhaps you can illuminate us with more clarification about the two doctorate degrees thing...So, was it "at the same time" or "in tandem" as you stated?  You see, I'm a self-appointed auditor that is here to "help" you. 

You have been here less than a week and you torqued Hydro Dave.  I know Hydro Dave...that isn't easy to do, really.  I digress.

I sincerely hope, (Don't confuse hope with expect.  I hope to win the lottery; however, I don't expect to win the lottery.) you learn from rereading your own postings that people, and I hope you are a people, make mistakes.

For example, back to my original request in this post.  You intimated that simultaneous can mean either at the same time or in tandem.  I beg to differ!  Tandem means back to back or one behind the other.  At the same time would be side by side or in parallel--like at a photo finish.  Crossing the finish line in tandem hardly requires a photo finish, unlike crossing simultaneously.

Please, stop while your ahead.  I noticed you tried to raze me about the "etc." comment, but failed to weigh in about your use of the word nitpicky. Should I assume that I did do better?
« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2008, 09:09 by deltarho »
The above has nothing to do with any real  or imagined person(s).  Moreover, any referenced biped(s) simulating real or imagined persons--with a pulse or not--is coincidental, as far as you know.

Offline DDMurray

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #279 on: Sep 07, 2008, 08:57 »
First of all I am an engineer not an english major. Second of all I am not a mister I am a madam thank you.

The comments I made come directly from the posts within the frame work of the question asked originally. So for the guy who keeps patronizing me because I inadvertently spelled etc ect. you are going to have to do better.

I have two doctorate degrees that I received simultaneous (at the same time,or in tandem) in Chemical and Environmental Engineering, along with a Masters in Polymer Chemistry, and a BS with Honors in Chemistry, I have worked for 13 years in industry before joining the Navy at Harris Nuclear Plant as the head chemist, Tunnell Research Institute re-designing their reactor, EPA, FDA, Exxon, Bayer, BASF, Philip Morris. So I know what I'm talking about. What's your experience again?

See I was offering to help you guys out by actually taking to Top Command your specific grievances with the NUPOC program. But apparently you are not interested in having that opportunity. So what you are really saying is that you are unhappy but not enough to do anything about it when asked.  So then that tells me that your grievances are bogus.

Sorry about the name didn't get to rule #7 yet. Wont make that mistake again. Thanks for the knowledge. First time here as of yesterday.

cyclicrings,

You have a perception problem, in my opinion.  Your first post alluded to two things that really chap my a$$.  One, you opened with a statement that basically said the navy only retains mediocre people.  To those who have served past their first tour that is a slap in the face.  If you like NR and are retained there, does that make you mediocre as well?  Second, you basically stated that auditors must find deficiencies, no matter how mundane, to cover their backs.  I suggest that if auditors feel like they must find comments to please their boss, they find a different line of work.  Any one in the program should feel an obligation to do things right and make the program better, not bean count the number of comments you can find. 

One more thing about perception.  You rattle off your academic accomplishents and experience with some amount of pride, and rightfully so.  Somebody might just as well look at all the places you've worked in 13 years and think you don't know how to hold a job or don't work well with others.   Others might think while you were in school, they were operating nuclear reactors in all the oceans of the world, sometimes in harm's way.  Now you're going to come down and tell us how to do it better?  There's some educations you can't get in school.

I have worked very closely with NR engineers and active duty personnel on a few occasions.  For the most part, they are the finest professionals I have interacted with.  Good Luck.

DM
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
T. Roosevelt

Offline NukeLDO

• Heavy User
« Reply #280 on: Sep 07, 2008, 09:10 »
I would be careful about presenting this unfiltered commentary to XXXXXXXXXX, especially if you just started there.

I could not agree more.  In spite of your credentials and education, you will still be a "junior" NR engineer.  Might want to get your paddle wet in the canoe club before you tip the canoe over and discover the water is over your head.
And please, think about what you are writing.  Anything you say here, under the auspices of working for NR, can be construed as speaking for the program.  Not a good situation for a junior NR engineer to be in.

Like I said before, restraint of tongue and pen.

'Tis better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and prove it.
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right

PapaBear765

« Reply #281 on: Sep 07, 2008, 10:20 »
First of all I am an engineer not an english major. Second of all I am not a mister I am a madam thank you.

The comments I made come directly from the posts within the frame work of the question asked originally. So for the guy who keeps patronizing me because I inadvertently spelled etc ect. you are going to have to do better.

Sorry about the name didn't get to rule #7 yet. Wont make that mistake again. Thanks for the knowledge. First time here as of yesterday.

In all that extensive college education did you ever take a critical thinking class?  You completely missed the point of deltarho's post.

And don't accuse us of attacking you because you're a woman.  No one here is like that, and you're unjustified in making that accusation.  As previously stated, check your attitude at the door.  Your college degrees mean as much as my barber's hairstyling license when it comes to first-hand knowledge of operating a reactor plant, madam.

You're also coming off like those people who hear about a puppy mill in their county, get all horrified, and when they hear of another one they race to the officials to blow the whistle, only to be disappointed by the lackluster response.  Like everything else that's undesirable in this world, the problems of the NNPP aren't going to go away just because somebody waves the distress flag.  It's been waved before, the whistle has been blown many times; just sit back and think of more strategically effective ways to make things better.

My old LPO used to hate it when one of us, or anyone else when he was EDPO, would come to him with a problem and no solution...he'd say "You're bringing me a turd.  Go away and figure out a solution, then come back to me."  You'd be doing that with going to your bosses with a printout of this discussion.
« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2008, 10:32 by PapaBear765 »

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #282 on: Sep 07, 2008, 11:07 »
Cyclicrings,

Who is "Top Command?" When you use words like that, I think the Joint Chiefs. I am not sure they care about our musings here, right now. Maybe after this pesky war.  :P

Ok all joking aside...

I must also reemphasize the caution on appearing to speak for NR. I made the grave error in judgment once on here when I said something along the lines of "the Admiral wants the plants back up ASAP." Didn't matter that I just said what he said to us at Ptype. My butt was handed to me because "who the heck are you to speak for the Admiral?" I was an MM1, you are just an ensign (maybe). Tread lightly.

Additionally, you stated in another post that you have just accepted a position, but here you said you are newly commissioned officer. Which is it? Either way, on what planet does a brand new employee get to walk into the CEOs office and tell him whats AFU with his company on the first day, especially when none of the research/experience is of her own doing? Just curious.

And no offense to you or your VAST experience, madam, but I would rather leave this to the experts in the field. The officers, Chiefs and COs who have spent a lifetime in the NNPP that can internalize and personalize all that is wrong with the program. They are better suited and better equipped to inform "Top Command" of the problems then some junior engineer who just put on her nice new uniform. Contrary to what you stated and might think, you have NO IDEA what you are talking about. So your offer not to help, is accepted by me, for one.

I would rather you just went about your business and did your part to make the program better by being, as you say, nitpicky.

Thanks for your future service, though.

Justin
« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2008, 11:43 by JustinHEMI »

JsonD13

« Reply #283 on: Sep 08, 2008, 02:54 »
Justin,
  I think her point was that alot of us on here had a huge gripe about higher ups in the COC not listening, not being informed, acting surprised when told of issues, etc.  So, maybe she felt she was helping.  Let her.  If she feels that she can effect change from her vantage point, maybe she can, maybe not.  Hell, it's better than trying to effect change through a website. ;-)

Cyclicrings,
   Oh where should I begin.  Ahh yes, you are a NR Engineer.  So what your job entitles is that you have no NAVY experience, and you are going to come in and show us how to do things per our instructions.  I don't know if you have read ANY of our RPM's, SPM's, RADCON, or Chemistry manuals yet, but as nukes, we take everything in those manuals very literally.  If you put a should or a could, its optional.  If you put a must, or a will, its law.  As I overheard one of the fine people who wrote one of these books say, we as Navy Nukes take things way too literal, when we should be focusing on the simple requirements.
  I do not know if you have seen or been trained on how NRRO performs their audits yet, but if you haven't I'm sure you are in for a surprise.  Imagine if you will, seeing or issuing an audit, that the only hit on it was a "dirty catch".  Then imagine taking yourself to that area, and seeing the catch has a minor layer of dust on it.  If you would stand by for a few minutes, you would see a chief getting his panties all bunched up because his suboordinates did not have it spotless prior to the audit, even though less than an hour ago, there was a worker grinding in the area, creating a cloud of dust to sprinkle all over.  The corrective action for this hit, was that the junior sailor was counseled, and the catch was cleaned and all compressible items were bagged as radioactive material.  Wait you say, why are they making all this RAM?  Just because the color of the catch is yellow.
  Now thank you for your time to post on here and offer assistance, but as you can see, the problem is very deep ingrained into most levels of management because there are too few people who will tell an NRRO auditor that their hit is bogus (this is because the NRRO auditor gets to sit down and have a chat with the commanding officer of the ship after his audit).
  What this program needs, is auditors that are STRICTLY by the book.  Not this good practice crap.  If you didn't violate any procedures, regulations, or requirements, you are within compliance.  If you effectively lowered the man-rem for a job, hell get a pat on the back, not told that you still did it messed up and need to change your tactic next time.
  Oh and as to my qualifications, I have spend 7 years in this company, completed one MS degree, almost done with the next MS, and yes, I have trained NR Engineers on some aspects of their job.  I have seen the Navy do some terrible things to some good people, all because they couldn't "play the game" well.  I have seen this same Navy commend and award buttkissers on a daily basis.  You will see enough of this I am sure as well.

Oh well, enough of my ranting.....back to calling my congressman.....

Jason

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
  • "It is good for you, builds character"
« Reply #284 on: Sep 08, 2008, 03:25 »
Have to agree with JsonD on at least one aspect.  The one hit I ALWAYS hated was the dreaded...

"Contrary to good engineering practices, ERUL did ....."

I have never seen a "good engineering practices" manual anyone at any command.  If it exists I am sure that it is "good engineering practice" not to allow incompetent idividuals operate complex machinery, but we seem to have no problem doing that on several occasions.  I am sure that it is "contrary to good management practices" to keep individuals at work for 4 extra hours on the last day of their shift week in order to having emergency training because of an event that was caused by one person who was just stupid for a brief moment, but you never see that on an audit sheet anywhere. 

Ok enough of my rant, I agree that Cycle may have been attempting to help but was going about it the wrong way, not to mention not having test these shark infested waters before such a detailed post.  I am sure that at some point in time we would all like to have a nice, candid, no reprecussions allowed talk to some O-6 and ups about things we feel need to be addressed.  Some of us would be more PC than others, and all of us would have varying examples to point out what we feel is broken.  As NavLi said, I don't have a hard lock answer.  I know the NNPP made me a much better person through the numerous character building evolutions and I hope that I have left a positive influence on someone, somewhere in the fleet(for any students that went through the 626 in the last few years, hope you enjoyed the valve location book.  That was my idea). 
"No good deal goes unpunished"

"Explain using obscene hand jestures the concept of pump laws"

I have found the cure for LIBERALISM, it is a good steady dose of REALITY!

JsonD13

« Reply #285 on: Sep 08, 2008, 03:36 »
They have a valve location book now????? Wow that coulda made stuff so much easier when I was going through.....especially having to operate the 8k's lol.

Jason

JsonD13

« Reply #286 on: Sep 08, 2008, 03:43 »
Marssim,
  so true, so true.....however, i was able to get good water outta the damned thing within 10 minutes cold by the time i left ;-)

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #287 on: Sep 08, 2008, 03:49 »
They have a valve location book now????? Wow that coulda made stuff so much easier when I was going through.....especially having to operate the 8k's lol.

Jason

Yes they have several of them on the boat.  I asked MOD if they could take all the valve locations from the small valve maintenence booklets and put them into a excel spreedsheet.  Wasn't 100% accurate but it did give general locations which really helped when doing Valve Line Ups on Hydraulics and some other wonderfully infrequent ops.  Students picked up real quick that they could use it for studying for watches for valve locations.

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #288 on: Sep 08, 2008, 03:52 »
So would've a light off procedure that was couched in reality,.... ;)

Depends on whose reality you are couched in.....

Marssim,
  so true, so true.....however, i was able to get good water outta the damned thing within 10 minutes cold by the time i left ;-)

Yes but it is much easier when you are distilling potable water into potable water.  One on a carrier would take about 15 minutes to get going(30 if it was dead cold) and about 45 min to make good water after you got it going. 
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2008, 04:01 by Preciousblue1965 »

Offline War Eagle

• Moderate User
  • PWR SRO
« Reply #289 on: Sep 08, 2008, 06:43 »

I have never seen a "good engineering practices" manual anyone at any command. 

You must have missed it. Its right next to the "Book of Tribal Knowledge".  ;D
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2008, 06:44 by War Eagle »

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #290 on: Sep 08, 2008, 07:12 »
You must have missed it. Its right next to the "Book of Tribal Knowledge".  ;D

No that book was stuffed in the overhead between the main engines. 

Ok, I am going to try to get back on topic. 

Yes there seems to be the thought process that during an audit you MUST find something or else you aren't doing your job.  Worst part is, it is usually something really small and easily fixed.  No big deal, except that there is all the paperwork generated to fix it.  You have the paperwork to document the hit itself, then all that gets put into the overall list of hits, which then have to be put into at least 3 different deficiency logs, then you have possibly open up WAFs and tagouts to immediately fix it, when it is fixed you have to document that it was fixed, close out the deficiency log entry, ensure that all the hits are fixed and send up some paperwork to the auditor saying that everything is fixed. 

All that for something as minor as a screw missing on a electric panel or something else like that. 

Offline Smooth Operator

• Moderate User
« Reply #291 on: Sep 08, 2008, 07:22 »
And in the land of commercial "little things", a screw missing on some breaker cabinets essentially inops its associated load.

Just one little eensy beensy thumb screw and you just inop'd a portion of core spray...

Bring on the paper work!!!

So what's worse, 6 pages of paper documenting a single deficiency or 66 pieces of paper caused by the missing screw that allowed just enough extra clearance that an errant drip of water was able to find its way into the cabinet and short out something that tripped something that broke something...

PapaBear765

« Reply #292 on: Sep 08, 2008, 07:58 »
I have never seen a "good engineering practices" manual anyone at any command.

It's defined and discussed in the NRTBs.

Offline NukeLDO

• Heavy User
« Reply #293 on: Sep 08, 2008, 08:56 »
  Not trying to be argumentative here but, I'll take Broadzilla's position:  Take the time to do some research on what the NR HQ organization does and what the NRRO field offices do before you post your gripes about them.  Its obvious from the many mentions in this thread that alot of folks don't understand what the organization and its parts do.
  Comments made out of ignorance don't make them valid except from the ignoramus' perspective.  And that's fine, as long as you admit there are at least two sides to every story.  What a second class petty officer deals with as a result of actions by NR or NRRO is very different from what the CO/RO/ChEng/Eng perceive or deal with.
  I realize that perception is reality, but only your own reality.
  In the end though, its all about compliance with directives and procedures to keep our ships and boats operating so that they can do what they were built to do...go to sea, in harm's way, and return...with everyone and everything safe and sound.
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right

redneckrecruit

« Reply #294 on: Sep 09, 2008, 12:01 »
ok first and foremost, im just a recruit. And the only reason i am connected the the nuke program is a piece of paper that says i will have that chance. So i don't have first hand experience on what is or isn't wrong with the program. But as i read through these post i see a lot of fingers pointing at problems (some bigger than others) , but no hands on how to fix it (outside of telling someone else whats wrong). I know the hoops i had to jump to get a chance and i believe i know how hard i will have to work to make this happen for me, so i have respect for everyone who has done it before me. Im sure the average IQ on this post is over 140 so get in gear and find some answers. No boss navy or civilian wants to hear a problem with no solution. But in the end im just a recruit.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #295 on: Sep 09, 2008, 07:40 »
Thanks for your input, but I have to disagree with you. As I read through the thread and filter out the personal anecdotes and gripes, any real problem someone suggests they most often do present their idea of a solution. I do agree that if you remove the personal stories, this thread would probably be 5 pages long. I also look forward to your take in a few years.

Jason,

I agree, she can help anyone can... I just don't think the idea of a junior engineer (ensign), that has no clue what the problems really are, printing this thread out and carrying it to "top command" is a good plan. Although my response to her was crafted in the same spirit as hers, that is all I was trying to say.

Justin
« Last Edit: Sep 09, 2008, 12:11 by JustinHEMI »

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #296 on: Sep 09, 2008, 07:50 »
Its obvious from the many mentions in this thread that a lot of folks don't understand what the organization and its parts do.
  Comments made out of ignorance don't make them valid except from the ignoramus' perspective.  And that's fine, as long as you admit there are at least two sides to every story.  What a second class petty officer deals with as a result of actions by NR or NRRO is very different from what the CO/RO/ChEng/Eng perceive or deal with.
  I realize that perception is reality, but only your own reality.

I understand what you are saying, and I agree with you to a point, but I am not sure I agree that it is right. I understand that a 2nd class Petty Officer will see things and will have to deal with NRRO differently than the ENG, but why is that so? Why shouldn't he be shown the true meaning behind a "stupid hit?" If you believe that blue shirts complain simply because they don't understand, then why not help them to understand? Why wouldn't you educate him so that he isn't and ignoramus anymore simply because he perceives thing differently then you? More often then not, the complaining blue shirt is just disregarded and that is as much of a problem as him complaining out of ignorance. Additionally, I think you are too quick to dismiss a complaining PO2 as ignorant. I think you are wrong in your assertion that people in this thread are ignorant about how things work on "the other side." I actually think this thread is full of evidence that blue shirts are quite aware of how things are. Dismissing them as ignorant isn't going to get you anywhere.

Would you mind providing some examples of our ignorance, and then set us straight so that we can stop being ignoramus'?

Thanks for your help.

Justin
« Last Edit: Sep 09, 2008, 07:53 by JustinHEMI »

Offline NukeLDO

• Heavy User
« Reply #297 on: Sep 09, 2008, 11:54 »
Not accusing anyone here of being ignorant or an ignoramus.  Just pointing out that a person's perspective is limited.
NRRO guys are people too.  Feel free to stop one of them when you see them down on the boat and actually talk to them.  Yes, a few bad apples can spoil the bunch, but thats true anywhere.  For the most part, you'll find them to be personable, interested in what's going on, and willing to listen.  But you have to recognize that by virtue of their position, they aren't always going to provide you what they are thinking because they have the larger program interests to protect.  Could the COC provide more perspective?  Probably.  Why don't they?  I don't know.
The PO2's perception is his reality...I think I agreed with that.  Like I said, not trying to be argumentative here.  The PO2's of the world make it go round, so I'm not dismissing anybody.
And I'm certainly not in any position to defend any comments provided by someone else.  So don't ask me about "BS" hits, because I can't speak to it.
Again, my comment was not intended to call anyone ignorant...perhaps I should change it to perceptually challenged?   ;D
That said, I stand by my opinion that there is alot of misinformation out there about NR and NRRO.  Its not my place to correct that in a public forum.  As I (and others) stated implicitly in previous posts, only one person speaks for the program, and that's the ADM.  I'd be happy to discuss what I do for living with any of you privately.
« Last Edit: Sep 09, 2008, 12:17 by NukeLDO »

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #298 on: Sep 09, 2008, 12:07 »
Not accusing anyone here of being ignorant or an ignoramus.  Just pointing out that a person's perspective is limited.
NRRO guys are people too.  Feel free to stop one of them when you see them down on the boat and actually talk to them.  Yes, a few bad apples can spoil the bunch, but thats true anywhere.  For the most part, you'll find them to be personable, interested in what's going on, and willing to listen.  But you have to recognize that by virtue of their position, they aren't always going to provide you what they are thinking because they have the larger program interests to protect.  Could the COC provide more perspective?  Probably.  Why don't they?  I don't know.
The PO2's perception is his reality...I think I agreed with that.  Like I said, not trying to be argumentative here.  The PO2's of the world make it go round, so I'm not dismissing anybody.
And I'm certainly not in any position to defend any comments provided by someone else.  So don't ask me about "BS" hits, because I can't speak to it.
Again, my comment was not intended to call anyone ignorant...perhaps I should change it to perceptually challenged?   ;D
That said, I stand by my opinion that there is alot of misinformation out there about NR and NRRO.  Its not my place to correct that in a public forum.  As I (and others) stated implicitly in previous posts, only one person speaks for the program, and that's the ADM.  I'd be happy to discuss what I do for living with any of you privately.

I think the NukeLDO narrows it down.  ;)

Anyway, that larger program interests you mentioned, that is what I am talking about. Maybe those PO2s should be told the larger program interest. Give them the proper perspective so that they can understand why they are being told "this is a best practice" etc. There really shouldn't be a "us vs them" perception, but there is, IMHO.

I am sorry that I misunderstood your original post. I read it as you were talking about specific things said in this thread, and wanted some clarification.

Justin

Offline NukeLDO

• Heavy User
« Reply #299 on: Sep 09, 2008, 12:23 »
Damm underline function!!!
10% rule applies.
Back to the topic....where did our new helpful junior NR engineer go?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?