Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Head hunters?

Author Topic: Head hunters?  (Read 7461 times)

harrispb

Head hunters?
« on: May 20, 2008, 11:36 »
I am an Enterprise ELT getting out soon and I am wondering if it is worth working with head hunters or should I contact the plants I want to work with directly?

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
  • "It is good for you, builds character"
Re: Head hunters?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 11:52 »
Having gone through some of the head hunter agencies out there, there are good things and bad things associated with them. 

Good:  They will expose you to non-nuclear jobs that are out there.  If you are on the fence about working at a nuke plant or in the nuke world, it might be worth your while to look into what they are offering you.  I went with one and got me a cake job doing inspection work(we also like ELTs, hint hint).

Bad:  Some are worse than others on this, but from what I saw they seperate O gang and Enlisted guys into two different groups.  I got to see the job description that an air force o ganger got and it was basically the job description for a WCS at a factory.  I was fully qualified to do the job but I didn't get the chance because I wasn't O gang.  I have heard a lot of them do this, which works most of the time except when you deal with enlisted nukes who are over qualified for what we get offered.  The other bad thing is that if you go with a company that finds you through the head hunter, some companies will reduce the salary they pay you becuase they have to pay a percentage to the head hunter.  So you end up with less money.

I don't know what would be better for a nuke plant, but I do know that I did not interview with one nuke plant when I went to my hiring conference.  Did get several offers from non nuke industries. 
"No good deal goes unpunished"

"Explain using obscene hand jestures the concept of pump laws"

I have found the cure for LIBERALISM, it is a good steady dose of REALITY!

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 08:15 »
Nuke plants don't generally deal with head hunters, so don't waste your time if you want to go nuke. What you need to do is get some contacts and start searching their websites yourself. This is obviously a good place to start. Thank you for your service and congratulations on you decision to separate. Good luck! If you need more specific help, let us know!

Justin

Offline Ops Nub

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #3 on: Jun 03, 2010, 06:58 »
Nuke plants don't generally deal with head hunters, so don't waste your time if you want to go nuke. What you need to do is get some contacts and start searching their websites yourself. This is obviously a good place to start. Thank you for your service and congratulations on you decision to separate. Good luck! If you need more specific help, let us know!

Justin

Most definately agree!
Jay

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?