Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Security Clearance Question, what level do you need/get honeypot

Author Topic: Security Clearance Question, what level do you need/get  (Read 19566 times)

abc123

alright, i'm newley into the nuke program, I was originally going into intelligence because I wanted to have a future career in that.  However, when they saw my financial status they said I wouldn't get my TS clearance.  I have about 2500 in debt, and very bad credit.  I have been working to fix it, but it doesn't happen overnight.  long story short, I got an air traffic control rating, which I am very happy with and was told there would be no issue because I had to only have a secret clearance, and it was only confidential for school so by the time my clearance came up my debt woudl be gone and I would have no issue with the secret.

My recruiter then told me I qualified for nuke, I didn't have to take the tests etc.  I was good to go, I got the 20k sign on bonus and decided I would go for it.  Although, my question was once again the clearance, do I need a TS or a secret clearance? 

My recruiter said it wouldn't be an issue, the nuke recruiter said it wouldn't be an issue, but neither have directly answered what clearance I will need.  I ended up taking nuke but am somewhat feeling i might regret it, why would i leave a program i was very happy with to go into one i'm going to get booted out of and then reclassified?   My recruiter keeps telling me it won't happen same with the nuke recruiter, but when I asked what security clearance I ened i have gotten answers ranging from only confidential to TS with some nuclear thing attached.  The recruiters them selves said they don't know, only that subs are TS.  I did not volunteer for that because, well, I dont' like the idea of a sub :D

So can someone tell me?  I'm still in DEP and I am kinda feeling like my recruiter might have thrown me in to meet a quota or somethign since she clearly knows nothing about my field, and I feel the nuke recruiter is just pushing as many people as humanly possible into the program and not even paying attention to us.  Basically put them in and let the navy thin them out.   

Sooooo WHAT CLEARANCE LEVEL WILL I NEED!

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
  • "It is good for you, builds character"
Re: Security Clearance Question, what level do you need/get
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 11:37 »
I could tell you but then I would have to kill you. :-X :-X

But seriously, as far as I know, all you need is confidential but most of us got secret.
"No good deal goes unpunished"

"Explain using obscene hand jestures the concept of pump laws"

I have found the cure for LIBERALISM, it is a good steady dose of REALITY!

Samabby

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 03:30 »
Being female, you can stop worrying about being on a sub.  8)

PapaBear765

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 06:25 »
Submariners need Secret.  Nukes, in general, only need Confidential.  No nuke ever gets Top Secret just because they're a nuke.  Have you actually been sworn in yet?  If you are dead set on something other than nuke, then don't enlist unless you get that.  There'd be a lot more happy people if they had never been duped into becoming a nuke because of their high ASVAB score.

If you haven't taken the oath yet, get you recruiter to stop BS'ing you and to get you a copy of an appropriate DOD directive, OPNAV instruction, or SECNAV instruction.  Unless he's got the actual requirements in front of him—in print—then he's just telling what you need to hear to enlist.

Recruiters have to be treated as used car salesmen until proven otherwise.

Offline matthew7899

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 11:12 »
I am curious with only $2500 in debt, how did you get "very bad" credit?

Matt

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 02:25 »
I am curious with only $2500 in debt, how did you get "very bad" credit?

Matt

Go over 90 late on payment(s), have a charge-off, it's way easier to ruin credit than to rebuild

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?