Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Need help honeypot

Author Topic: Need help  (Read 4375 times)

UAPLMR

Need help
« on: May 28, 2008, 04:24 »
New to the Nukeworker site. Just joined today!

I am a wife of a Union Pipefitter/Illinois Plumber, working on getting Certs for welding.

My husband was in DC Cook this spring and enjoyed the traveling work.

He is looking for other opportunities, I'm I in the right place.

Please advise.

Thank you

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
Re: Need help
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 04:41 »
Yes, you are in the right place... but you are here at the wrong time.

Unfortunately, the outage season is over until Fall. During the summer months, the plants don't shut down (they need to run to keep the air conditioners on) so the work waits until about September first.

Until then, I recommend you read the forum topics... most of your questions will already be answered there. If you become a Gold Member (cheap) you will get an advance copy of next Fall's Outage Schedule showing where and when the work is. You will also get access to even more forum information, some of which is even useful (most of the rest is at least entertaining.) If you have more questions after you get done reading, just ask and I about guarantee you will get more information than you can use.

Welcome to NukeWorker.com. Here is your first Karma Point... you will read about that in the forum, too.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 04:43 by RDTroja »
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

UAPLMR

Re: Need help
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 04:50 »
I appreciate your reply, Thank you.  I will upgrade to a Goldmember soon, I am still trying to navigate my way thru the site.   Lots to explore here. This is a great.

My husband is using the summer to get his welding certs, unfortunately the union hall where he is from, the welding classes are over until fall, but he at least has had some great union brothers at DC Cook that have showed him some of the basics to get started, and he has been practicing at the hall on his own.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?