Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Nuke on hold at RTC Great Lakes honeypot

Author Topic: Nuke on hold at RTC Great Lakes  (Read 29365 times)

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: Nuke on hold at RTC Great Lakes
« Reply #25 on: Sep 03, 2008, 11:56 »

How is me telling a shipmate I never met, at a training command I don't care about, what to do to help himself constituting selfishness???

Because it is derived from wanting to 'stick it to the Man' instead of sound advice. It starts to look like one continuous sick-bay commando pity party spread over 323 posts.....

Offline deltarho

• An EOOW asked during his S/Y steam plant testing pre-watch tour, "Shouldn't those scram breakers be open?" K-thunk, K-thunk. "Uh-oh!"
  • Heavy User
  • I make alpha particle "direct delivery" systems.
« Reply #26 on: Sep 06, 2008, 08:35 »
Ok... here we go.... Being proactive is key. To quote the bible "God helps those who help themselves". Taking away the biblical aspect of it, I completely agree with that statement.

I'm sorry, I must take exception to this particular thought process!  Here's an oolie for you, which should debunk some of the folklore and tribal knowledge that has been passed down as gospel.

A.  "God helps those who help themselves" is not a quote from the Bible.  I defy anyone to find it; use whatever translation you care to or any concordance.

B.  The first person to utter this nonsense was Charles-Louis de Secondat, Baron de La Brède et de Montesquieu, the eighteenth-century French political philosopher known simply as “Montesquieu.”

C.  God helps the helpless! Isaiah 25:4 declares, "For You have been a defense for the helpless, a defense for the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shade from the heat..."

Just had to set the record straight

~brother deltarho~
The above has nothing to do with any real  or imagined person(s).  Moreover, any referenced biped(s) simulating real or imagined persons--with a pulse or not--is coincidental, as far as you know.

Offline deltarho

• An EOOW asked during his S/Y steam plant testing pre-watch tour, "Shouldn't those scram breakers be open?" K-thunk, K-thunk. "Uh-oh!"
  • Heavy User
« Reply #27 on: Sep 06, 2008, 08:43 »
Well, according to the lcpo here, who deals with the medical holds; nukes don't get disqualified. Its just a matter of paperwork that basically says that the person came into the nuke program with whatever condition, but they can do the job without problem. I really don't see them disqualifying me for iron-deficient anemia, especially since I wasn't anemic before I got to bootcamp and also because I am a female (monthly blood loss).

But  I guess I'll be stuck here for a couple of months.

There is a solution to that monthly blood loss thing...  Doesn't sound to me like you are your own advocate, actively seeking how to mitigate your new-found condition.  Bright side is, if you weren't anemic prior to service--it is now a service connected disability.  Bonus!!!  Probably should be addressed in a different thread--or maybe it has????
« Last Edit: Mar 14, 2010, 10:38 by deltarho »
The above has nothing to do with any real  or imagined person(s).  Moreover, any referenced biped(s) simulating real or imagined persons--with a pulse or not--is coincidental, as far as you know.

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #28 on: Sep 06, 2008, 09:35 »
Take my advice or leave it, I don't care.  Next time go ahead and call the IG and make a complaint when something doesn't go your way....you can get the phone number from any number of bulletin boards at any command.

Just remember.....the back you stab today just might be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow.

Cheers,
GC

The only reason I stated that was because you immediately discredited me without knowing what was going on. They have had serious issues concerning clearances in the past, and without help from outside the command, ~20-30 people would know be out of the navy. The worst part of it was that several people actually had their clearances, the guy just merely didnt do his job (at all). I offered the advice based on other people's occurances, not my own, and I hope you can respect that sir.

deltarho -> I apologize for the misquote. I was practically raised on that quote growing and merely assumed the source. I looked it up and researched it a bit, and it seems its an extremely common misconception. However, I do standby my belief in it.

Offline deltarho

• Heavy User
« Reply #29 on: Sep 06, 2008, 10:05 »
deltarho -> I apologize for the misquote. I was practically raised on that quote growing and merely assumed the source. I looked it up and researched it a bit, and it seems its an extremely common misconception. However, I do standby my belief in it.

I suppose this item will either get removed or moved to another thread, but until then...

I can see why you would staunchly hold to your belief, but only when I look from the standpoint that because Eve and Adam helped themselves to the forbidden fruit, God helped them by providing suitable covering.  That covering was in the form of animal skins and a sacrificial blood atonement for their sins(think of it as a sacrificial anode, blood was shed that was not theirs).  Neither was warranted for their "help" in the situation, it was God's grace.

I can also see it if you corrolate obedience with helping yourself, because there are many passages that speak to how things will go well with you for your obedience.  It is not a selfish obedience, so that you can get something in return...

Can you point to any passages that support your belief?  I am curious to learn.

deltarho

Offline Jester

• Light User
  • Potential Nuke
« Reply #30 on: Mar 13, 2010, 04:06 »
I really don't see them disqualifying me for iron-deficient anemia, especially since I wasn't anemic before I got to bootcamp and also because I am a female (monthly blood loss).

Eat more red meat.
Good source of easily absorbed iron.
Potential Nuke - Help me learn!

zyrxy

« Reply #31 on: Mar 19, 2010, 02:01 »
lol, I think its a little late for that  ;)

Offline Jester

• Light User
  • Potential Nuke
« Reply #32 on: Mar 19, 2010, 11:54 »
It's never too late to try to help!
Potential Nuke - Help me learn!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?