Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Gary Lewallen  

Author Topic: Gary Lewallen  (Read 36357 times)

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
Re: Gary Lewallen
« Reply #25 on: Jul 09, 2008, 03:47 »
Thank you all for thinking of us during these trying times, Gary was a very good brother/person and will be missed by all of us, especially his boys. I now look back and will miss working with him.
His funeral is tomorrow at the Miller-Rivers-Caulder Funeral Home in Chesterfield, SC.
The website is (www.mrcfuneralhome.com).
Again thanks to each and everyone, you all seems like family to me. Mike McFarlin
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

maggie352000

« Reply #26 on: Jul 09, 2008, 06:39 »
So sorry to hear about Gary. He was a good guy. My prayers are with u.

Offline tri-foil

• Very Lite User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #27 on: Jul 10, 2008, 08:03 »
Gary was a good man, a man i am proud to call friend. he will be missed in Hartsville, and the industry. Eryll Mcphee

pappy

« Reply #28 on: Jul 10, 2008, 10:44 »
I met Gary in 86 at Oconee & worked with him a number of times over the years. Always was anice guy to talk & work with. My thoughts & prayers go out to his family. Tom

glewallen725

« Reply #29 on: Jul 11, 2008, 01:34 »
THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE KIND WORDS AND PRAYERS ABOUT AND FOR MY FATHER I REALLY ENJOY READING ALL THE WONDERFUL THINGS YOU ALL HAD TO SAY THANK YOU VERY MUCH LOVE YOU DAD MISS YOU ALOT.PS TAKE CARE OF MY UNCLE MIKE EVERYONE.

shovelheadred

« Reply #30 on: Jul 11, 2008, 06:19 »
..I had the blessed opportunity to attend the celebration of Gary's passing from mortality to immortality yesterday. Gary was a good friend, and brother in Christ. He never gave up, and put his Faith where he said it should be, not in medicine. He talked with me many times about his friends and especially the crew at Oconee Nuclear Station, he really appreciated what they did for him. Gary is buried in Patrick, SC. 

REST IN PEACE, my brother.   

bandbdeb

« Reply #31 on: Jul 13, 2008, 12:52 »
I am very sorry to hear of loss of Gary Lewallen.  I did not know him personally, but my Father, Ed Boice, spoke of him fondly on numerous occassions.  My Father has asked me to extend his deepest sympathies to Gary's family.

Debi Boice-Mobley

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
  • This aggression will not stand, man.
« Reply #32 on: Jul 13, 2008, 01:45 »
After keeping up with the thread about Gary's illness I had hoped that I would not see the next post in this forum. Another good man taken, such a shame. My thoughts are with his family, I'm very sorry to hear this.

This list is getting waaaaay too long!
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2008, 01:48 by Brett LaVigne »
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

diparyar

« Reply #33 on: Jul 13, 2008, 07:55 »
i met gary in 1980 at st. lucie.  i was the deconner supv. and gary worked for me he did anything that i asked of him and never complained,  we worked together for a number of years, brunswick, robinson,  one of his heroes is richard petty,  and nobody could talk bad about him,  i'll never forget him saying this about petty,  "I'll tell you thing bygod cant nobody beat richard petty and they never will break his record".

rest in peace my brother

rapidray

Offline HenryBlack

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #34 on: Jul 16, 2008, 09:55 »
I worked with Gary from the early 80's until the present. He was a good man and a great friend. He was always there when I needed an answer to a question. He would always take the time to chat about the past and laugh about most of it. Especially the old times at HB Robinson. My prayers go out to his family.  Henry Black

Chilly

« Reply #35 on: Jul 17, 2008, 10:51 »
I met and worked with Gary at the Harris plant.We kidded each other with me being a "yankee" and he was a "Good ole boy", through the entire outage. I learned to respect him. He will be missed. My prayers are with the family and friends of a man I learned to call a friend.

blackballedsnake

« Reply #36 on: Oct 16, 2008, 11:43 »
I just found out from Spanky McFarland that Gary had died. I rented off Spanky while @ Oconee (fall 2005). Gary was a good dude to know! My sympathies to all his family.    - Mike.

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #37 on: Jul 08, 2009, 11:36 »
Been gone 1 year today, we still miss you, brother!
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

vinman

« Reply #38 on: Aug 08, 2009, 12:31 »
EVERY PRAYER HELPS! Even for or from people who you dont know... Your Brother and u and all your family will be in our prayers! Vinman & Les

blackballedsnake

« Reply #39 on: Aug 09, 2009, 02:35 »
He will ALWAYS be with you! Take care 'bro.   -Snake.

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #40 on: Jul 10, 2010, 08:18 »
Been gone over 2 years now. Still miss you, brother.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #41 on: Jul 10, 2010, 09:27 »
Been gone over 2 years now. Still miss you, brother.

Mike, I know how you feel... it has been 2+ years since my older brother Jim Brown passed and almost 7 months since Brad; I still reach for the phone at times to call Brad and tell him something.

Lean on your family and friends and trust that they are in a beautiful place. Love ya Spanky!

Camella

mostlyharmless

« Reply #42 on: Jul 10, 2010, 09:54 »
I cant tell you how many times I wish I could talk to one of my parents. It never goes away. If you did not love you would not grieve. Its the forgetting that hurts me. Sometimes, it used to happen a lot but not as much now, I would forget and for a short period of time my parents were alive, then it would all come back and I would feel ashamed that I had forgoten,then I would feel the loss a little more. It gets better over time,but slowly. My father died almost 15 years ago. Take care Spanky and Camella and all who know what I mean. Joe

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #43 on: Jul 11, 2010, 06:21 »
Thanks Camella and Joe. Its true, we are all one big family!

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #44 on: Jul 08, 2011, 08:58 »
Been gone 3 years, we still miss you, brother!

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #45 on: Mar 10, 2014, 03:33 »
Thought about him on his birthday, March 6th.

Offline Pete McAllister

• Light User
« Reply #46 on: Mar 10, 2014, 03:56 »
Spank was reading your reply. It made me think of when Gary and I lived together at St Lucie. We had a blast, I to miss him. as well as all the others that have left us. God Bless them all.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?