Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Gary Lewallen  

Author Topic: Gary Lewallen  (Read 36363 times)

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
Gary Lewallen
« on: Jun 26, 2008, 03:50 »
Please pray for my brother, Gary Lewallen, aka Turbineman. Gary is very ill with lung cancer.  He is having a tough go of it at this time.
He has been an RP since 1980 working for CP&L and the Duke system.
We need your prayers and support.  Spanky
« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2008, 05:22 by Mike McFarlin »
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
Re: Gary Lewallen
« Reply #1 on: Jun 26, 2008, 04:00 »
Gary is a great guy, my prayers go out to him
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

FatMalky

« Reply #2 on: Jun 26, 2008, 04:12 »
Sad to hear that.  I worked with Gary on Oconee's Turbine Deck last spring and got on really well with him.  He's a great guy.

Get well soon, Gary!  All the best to you.

Jon Malcolm.

Offline ruth13

• Sr Dosimetry Tech
  • Moderate User
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #3 on: Jun 26, 2008, 08:38 »
I don't believe I've had the pleasure of meeting Gary - but you and your family are most definitely in my prayers. 
'We do not believe if we do not live and work according to our belief."
Heidi Wills

ISOCS

« Reply #4 on: Jun 27, 2008, 06:51 »
Sad to hear this about Gary. I worked with him in the early 90's at Oconee. His excellent sense of humor may pull him out of this.
ISOCS

Offline Carolina Jethro

• Safety Manager
  • Heavy User
  • Why not us?
« Reply #5 on: Jun 27, 2008, 07:12 »
My prayers are with Gary. I called him just a few weeks ago and he seemed to be in good spirits. Worked many a night with Gary at the Carolina plants and also at Farley. I imagine their are not many techs that have put the miles on a car that Gary has.

shovelheadred

« Reply #6 on: Jun 29, 2008, 02:31 »
Spanky, I saw Gary yesterday, his spirits are still strong. His faith in a healing are even stronger. He said he appreciates all the prayers, cards and calls he gets, and this is what he talked about most, his friends thinking about him. Bud

Offline IRMWORM

• Light User
« Reply #7 on: Jun 30, 2008, 04:02 »
Will do!!! Knowing Gary from the old day's (Robinson from 80-~83) is one of the many highlights of my career. One of the best out there! Tell him i said to hang in there!

shovelheadred

« Reply #8 on: Jul 01, 2008, 07:00 »
So all of Gary's friends will know, he has gotten progressively worse in the last 24 hours. Your prayers are appreciated by him and his family. Bud

Offline BeDaBullet

• Light User
  • 'GENERAL DELIVERY'
« Reply #9 on: Jul 06, 2008, 03:57 »
Was sorry to hear about Gary's illness Mike.....our prayers and thoughts will be with Gary and your family.  Please keep us up to date. Jackie and Uncle Bob
“California is a fine place to live — if you happen to be an orange.”

Offline HenryBlack

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #10 on: Jul 06, 2008, 08:27 »
Sorry to hear about you getting worse Gary. You and your family will be in my prayers.  All those times at HBR and Oconee are some of my best memories. Stay strong my friend. Henry
remember the "Rock Dove"

hezabear

« Reply #11 on: Jul 07, 2008, 03:16 »
Gary know that you are in my prayers and thoughts. Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. You are one of the best and there are not many old timers like us left. Heres praying for you to get well soon. Brad

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #12 on: Jul 07, 2008, 07:08 »
Thanks for the prayers everyone. Gary is still having a tough go with his cancer but is still hanging in there. Please continue to think of him in your prayers. Spanky     
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #13 on: Jul 07, 2008, 08:12 »
Spanky, please know that our thoughts and prayers are with Gary, you and family. I sit here and think about all the time that has passed and it just does not seem possible; somewhere along the line we grew up and many of us have not seen each other in years, perhaps decades, but just reading a name or hearing it conjures up good people and good times.

I don't say this often to anyone but Henry... be safe and I'm sending you love.

Camella

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #14 on: Jul 08, 2008, 05:22 »
I want to thank everyone for thinking of and praying for Gary's recovery. However, this morning at about 11:30, Gary lost his battle with cancer. He leaves behind two sons Britt and Derek. We also lost a brother, Kaley about 3 months ago. I will post again when I know all the arrangements and again thank you all.
« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2008, 05:24 by Mike McFarlin »

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #15 on: Jul 08, 2008, 07:38 »
My condolences to Gary's family,my thoughts and prayers are with his family
Call Before You Dig!

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #16 on: Jul 08, 2008, 09:47 »
Spanky and family, I so sorry for your loss.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #17 on: Jul 08, 2008, 09:52 »
Mike I am very sorry to hear of your family's loss.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

stewdill

« Reply #18 on: Jul 08, 2008, 11:21 »
RIP Gary. You were a cool person to know.

FatMalky

« Reply #19 on: Jul 09, 2008, 12:52 »
Every day I've been checking this thread, hoping for a wee bit of good news.

I just want to say I'm glad I chose to work Oconee last spring as I got to work with people like Dawn Thornton and Gary Lewallen - both of whom have been taken from us in the last couple of weeks.

I'm really sorry to hear this.  My thoughts to you and the rest of Gary's family and friends.

RIP Gary.

south kackalackee

Gary Lewallen
« Reply #20 on: Jul 09, 2008, 09:14 »
Gary Lewallen passed away yesterday at 11:44 am from cancer. please pray for Gary's family

hezabear

« Reply #21 on: Jul 09, 2008, 09:20 »
Mike, I am sorry to hear about Gary passing away. He was a great person and tech. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this sad time. Gray will see you on the other side. Brad

Offline techtoolong

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #22 on: Jul 09, 2008, 09:58 »
I am sorry to hear this. I worked with Gary at Oconee.  He was a great Tech and a Great Man.  Rest in Peace Old Friend

Offline Carolina Jethro

• Safety Manager
  • Heavy User
  • Why not us?
« Reply #23 on: Jul 09, 2008, 01:09 »
Gary was a great guy and a great tech that I shared many moments with over the past 20+ years and am thankful for that. He loved his kids and often talked about them and I can remember him travelling from Mcguire and Harris to home to be with his family every day after doing 12.5 hour days or nights. My prayers go out to his entire family.

ageoldtech

« Reply #24 on: Jul 09, 2008, 02:19 »
Spank, Gary was a good friend to me not unlike your self. I will miss his sense of humor. I always enjoyed working with him throughout the years he will be missed greatly. My deep condolences to family and friends. RIP brother.

Hambone

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?