Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Security Clearance Quesion

Author Topic: Security Clearance Quesion  (Read 13170 times)

amazonsrule

Security Clearance Quesion
« on: Jul 06, 2008, 10:50 »
  I need some info my husband just got a job at a nuclear facality and are credit sucks and he had a captain mast in the navy he still obtained his security clearence in the navy and it happened 14 years ago will he obtain the security clearence.and he is still in the navy reserves

LDO4CNO

Re: Security Clearance Quesion
« Reply #1 on: Jul 08, 2008, 06:42 »
Hmmm, two days and no bites on this subject  from this crowd.  Interesting.  Here goes. 
It is hard to say if any particular individual will or will not have problems with a clearance.  Without a lot more details than you should be comfortable sharing it is hard to say.  Clearances come in different levels of sensitivity.   Clearances essentially screen for two things. 
1.   Reliabilities.
2.   Vulnerabilities
It sounds like you may be a little low on one and a little high on the other.  The best thing to do is be totally honest with the company, share your concerns, and work on improving the things that will help.  There are a lot of resources available to help your credit.  The NJP is behind you, but reflect on it, learn from it and focus on the future.  Good LUCK

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
« Reply #2 on: Jul 08, 2008, 09:26 »
  I need some info my husband just got a job at a nuclear facality and are credit sucks and he had a captain mast in the navy he still obtained his security clearence in the navy and it happened 14 years ago will he obtain the security clearence.and he is still in the navy reserves

Credit problems can be dealt with in an honest discussion with security. the main issue will be any criminal past (I don't think NJP counts, i didn't for me) such as DUI or other major issues. if he has none of those then getting a clearance should be no problem.

I'm guessing that getting this job is the first step to clearing up your credit problems. make that clear if they ask questions. and start doing research on how best to get out of debt and improve your credit. if you have any questions send me a PM
« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2008, 09:29 by Smart People »
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

bheinz

« Reply #3 on: Jul 09, 2008, 03:42 »
From the sounds of it you said your husband got the job. So does that mean that they gave him an offer or has he started? Part of the initial hiring is the paperwork on backgrounds and security clearances. If he started, then I wouldn't worry about it. As for being in debt, unless you have collection agencies calling and cars getting repoed, well I think you will be fine.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #4 on: Jul 11, 2008, 05:24 »
From the sounds of it you said your husband got the job. So does that mean that they gave him an offer or has he started? Part of the initial hiring is the paperwork on backgrounds and security clearances. If he started, then I wouldn't worry about it. As for being in debt, unless you have collection agencies calling and cars getting repoed, well I think you will be fine.

Well, I would tend to agree with you if I didn't have a friend recently hired at a plant to be fired a month later for something to do with his badging. I have my own ideas as to why, but let me just say that as long as your husband is up front and honest about everything, there shouldn't be an issue. Let me stress this... THEY WILL FIND EVERYTHING SO HIDE NOTHING!

Justin

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
  • Elements Rule Battle , Elementis Regamus Proleium
« Reply #5 on: Jul 11, 2008, 09:06 »
I hear alot of people getting no clearance for lying, not too many for bad credit, Captains mast, Unless they lie and it is found out. Be as honest as possible, unless you have a body in a freezer somewhere. LOL

Captains Mast, Article 15 is ask about on a DOE clearance and For Nuclear Plant. They can find out.  If it is just one stupidity when young, then it is ok 99 percent of the time I would think.  WRITE IT DOWN!!!

Having Finacial Problems, Tell them!!!  Tell them this job should help me get out of this situation and I will work on finacially responsibility.  OK 99 percent of time!!!!

I have had A Q clearance and A nuke Plant Clearance. I have seen people boned!!  For Lying, The Stupidest one was about a 50 year old man who always wrote down he never smoked dope, but on his about 4th update he wrote he smoked dope  when he was younger but never mentioned it before. BONED no clearance,   I also reccomend that you always keepcopies of your original paperwork to help you fill out any updates.  Its like the MMPI Test.  If you said you liked flowers at the beginning of the test, you should say you liked flowers at the end of the test.  And do not answer any of the following questions in the Affirmative.

I  am Fascinated by Fire.

I like to Burn Things.

I am Angry all the time.

When someone wrongs me, I get even.

I gamble alot and take big risks.

LOL
« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2008, 09:24 by thenukeman »

swashy

« Reply #6 on: Oct 23, 2009, 08:02 »
I have lived in holland for 10 years and moved back to england almost 2 years ago, i am a british citizen and would like to work on nuclear power stations, i have worked on oil and gas refinaries in england but how do i go about obtaining security clearance?????????? mark.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?