Career Path > EEI Tests

TECH (Technician Occupations Selection System) Test

<< < (3/14) > >>

bob firth:
How do you study for this? it is not in the practice tests. I have never seen this version of drawings and symbols . I do not know what they are asking about on the test. I took this test before. I know relays. I do not know this version, though. Where do I find this stuff? Is there a book or study material that can prepare me for this test? I do well in all other test areas. Just this one test.
Thanks, Bob

UncaBuffalo:

--- Quote from: bob firth on Sep 22, 2009, 12:25 ---How do you study for this? it is not in the practice tests. I have never seen this version of drawings and symbols . I do not know what they are asking about on the test. I took this test before. I know relays. I do not know this version, though. Where do I find this stuff? Is there a book or study material that can prepare me for this test? I do well in all other test areas. Just this one test.
Thanks, Bob

--- End quote ---

Can you give us a link that shows the type of question you are having difficulties with?

(What I think you are saying is that they used unfamiliar schematic symbols.  There are 3 or 4 different sets of 'standard' symbols...and I got nailed by a test that used a set I wasn't familiar with, but...   If that is what you are saying, the only advice I can give you is to google (image) the symbols you had issues with & become familiar with them.  If I am completely off-base in my interpretation of the question, the link you provide will help us communicate.)

Paul:
They are probably the old Edison symbols.
DC Cook uses them, many of the symbols are different from modern symbols.

wicker28:
Took the test it was much harder than the practice test.  Had trouble with the first two sections.  The mechanical and reading were ok.   Any suggestions?

New York:
I am taking the EEI tech test next week and had a few questions to ask the people who have taken it in the past. First is how is the test taken on the computer or paper, is the test the same length as the practice test, how do they grade the test, and is it a pass fail or do you get a grade. I hope someone can help me out with this I am going nuts trying to find this out.

Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version