Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu TECH (Technician Occupations Selection System) Test

Author Topic: TECH (Technician Occupations Selection System) Test  (Read 117811 times)

Cycoticpenguin

Re: EEI Tech Test
« Reply #25 on: Dec 16, 2010, 02:24 »
Quintessential!

I may or may not "borrow" the use of that quote in the future! ;)

Upon re-reading that, I kinda came off as a douche bag, not my intention. Sorry :(

jpbass81

« Reply #26 on: Jan 04, 2011, 03:00 »
I just want to thank everyone on this forum who gave me advice. I failed the Tech Test the first time. I was lucky enough to have a second chance to take it. I came to this forum and received alot of good test taking advice and materials. I passed the second time!! Thanks to you guys. I was given the job as well. Hopefully I can return the favor and help the next person who comes along.....thank you

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #27 on: Jan 04, 2011, 05:32 »
I just want to thank everyone on this forum who gave me advice. I failed the Tech Test the first time. I was lucky enough to have a second chance to take it. I came to this forum and received alot of good test taking advice and materials. I passed the second time!! Thanks to you guys. I was given the job as well. Hopefully I can return the favor and help the next person who comes along.....thank you

Congrats!  :)
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

chamberd

« Reply #28 on: Jan 05, 2011, 03:32 »
congrats...  I put in for a job and am now in a holding pattern to get a test.   have been re-teaching myself algebra ( amazong what you forget).  This forum is AWESOME in helping knuckle draggers like me to study!  Thanks to ALL.

Offline techtoolong

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #29 on: Jan 05, 2011, 03:51 »
More congrats

sombine

« Reply #30 on: Aug 01, 2011, 10:07 »
Hello guys, I should be taking the EEI Tech test soon. It seems like I have everything handled with the exception of the graphic problem solving section. I really am just having an issue with the time limit.
If the real test is anything like the practice you get about 30 seconds to answer each question right? I am currently taking about 40-50 seconds or more on some questions.

So does anyone have any tips or hints on how I can speed my time up for that section so I can actually finish this thing?

« Last Edit: Aug 21, 2011, 09:33 by sombine »

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #31 on: Aug 01, 2011, 06:39 »
Search please. this has been answered NUMEROUS times.

start here.

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/board,250.0.html

poss/tech/mass are all pretty similar. Tech test was by FAR the easiest.

sombine

« Reply #32 on: Aug 01, 2011, 10:29 »
thank you for the link, found some useful information. for some reason the search function was only pulling up one post and it wasn't what i was looking for.

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #33 on: Aug 02, 2011, 07:17 »
thank you for the link, found some useful information. for some reason the search function was only pulling up one post and it wasn't what i was looking for.

right. I've brought that up to, but apparently some work, some dont. maybe its a browser issue. doing an "advanced search" usually works for me.

Offline PhillyOne

• Very Lite User
« Reply #34 on: Dec 09, 2011, 05:47 »

What position did you take the Tech Test for? I'm a recent graduate from the Philadelphia area who just received an Associate's Degree in Energy Technology from Delaware County Community College (Also known as the Exelon Corporation program). I've passed the EEI Tech Test however I'm having trouble finding a job that requires the Tech Test. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #35 on: Dec 10, 2011, 11:23 »
What position did you take the Tech Test for? I'm a recent graduate from the Philadelphia area who just received an Associate's Degree in Energy Technology from Delaware County Community College (Also known as the Exelon Corporation program). I've passed the EEI Tech Test however I'm having trouble finding a job that requires the Tech Test. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Not to insult your intelligence, but pretty much anything with "Tech" in the title. RP, HP, etc will have the tech test. some may require MASS as well.
« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2011, 11:24 by Starkist »

Offline PhillyOne

• Very Lite User
« Reply #36 on: Dec 12, 2011, 12:05 »

Not to insult your intelligence, but pretty much anything with "Tech" in the title. RP, HP, etc will have the tech test. some may require MASS as well.

None taken, I meant which type of technician. Thanks for the reply.

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #37 on: Dec 12, 2011, 12:18 »
None taken, I meant which type of technician. Thanks for the reply.

Yes, just keep in mind, EEI testing isnt just for nuclear prospects.

Offline Connormike

• Lurker
(TECH) Test... Please HELP
« Reply #38 on: Jun 23, 2012, 10:26 »
I am taking the TECH test for an RP position up north and would like to know if there is a  practice test out there with more practice questions avialable (besides the material from EEI's website). I am a horrible test taker and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
Re: (TECH) Test... Please HELP
« Reply #39 on: Jun 23, 2012, 11:18 »
All of EEI's tests are similar, so read the advice that has been given previously about POSS, etc.

Please let us know if you have any further questions after looking at those threads.

And...Good Luck on the test and job!  :)
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline kingman33

• Lurker
Tech Test Questions?
« Reply #40 on: Nov 24, 2012, 03:14 »
Hi I am taking a Tech test in December,this will be my third time taking it. I have been taking the practice tests over and over,but I find them to be at a lower skill level than the actual test. Does anybody have any past experience with these tests. Are there any goods sights to get better practice tests? Thanks.

Offline weatherby460

• Light User
TECH test.*LI-LB1 ever heard of it?
« Reply #42 on: Feb 09, 2013, 05:39 »
I tried searching but came up short.  In the job description for a I&C Tech job, it says you are required to pass this test.  Can anyone tell me what this test is about?  Thanks

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
Re: TECH test.*LI-LB1 ever heard of it?
« Reply #43 on: Feb 09, 2013, 05:53 »
My guess (and it's only a guess) is that it's EEI's TECH test.  No clue what the *LI-LB1 means...

Read the threads about EEI tests for study hints:

Good luck.  :)
« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2013, 06:01 by UncaBuffalo »

Offline johnnyhqle

• Light User
« Reply #44 on: Mar 19, 2013, 02:13 »
I just took the Tech test for an entry level position at Exelon. Like many first time test takers my major concern was not finishing the test on time. To be honest you will have plenty of time during the test. For one section, I had 15 questions and 16 minutes to answer them which is more than you need. I finished with enough time to review all of my work and answer each question.

Good luck to anyone that finds this thread.

johnboy101

« Reply #45 on: Mar 19, 2013, 09:06 »
Just curious what position you applied for and which Exelon plant? I applied for an entry level position awhile back and have yet to hear back.

Offline ddickey

• Moderate User
« Reply #46 on: Mar 20, 2013, 07:19 »
Me too.

Offline malo11

• Very Lite User
TECH Test to be taken....
« Reply #47 on: Apr 02, 2013, 09:42 »
Hi,
My transcripts were just accepted for me to be able to test for Communications Tech for my utility company.  I know there are many other topics on this which I took time to read and analyze.  I don't have a testing date as of yet but I am already preparing.  I have printed out a couple copies of the EEI practice tests to study.

I find the graphic problem section difficult to tackle.  Can anyone share some experiences or ways to get this done the right way?  I found nothing advising  on that specific part of the test in detail...THANKS!
« Last Edit: Apr 02, 2013, 10:22 by malo11 »

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: TECH Test to be taken....
« Reply #48 on: Apr 02, 2013, 10:06 »
Hi,
My transcripts were just accepted for me to be able to test for Communications Tech for my utility company.  I know there are many other topics on this which I took time to read and analyze.  I don't have a testing date as of yet but I am already preparing.  I have printed out a couple copies of the EEI practice tests to study.

I find the graphic problem section difficult to tackle.  Can anyone share some experiences or ways to get this done the right way?  I found nothing advising peeps on that specific part of the test in detail...THANKS!

Offline malo11

• Very Lite User
Re: TECH Test to be taken....
« Reply #49 on: Apr 02, 2013, 10:21 »
The picture posted helps plenty..

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?